The online racing simulator
well lets see
first of all what happened to tristan and mike ?

secondly best broadcast yet but this is mostly a compliment to the drivers as they made this video as exciting as it is

the camera angles were better than last time although some in lap1 were rather confusing with too much movement of the camera

soundwise im afraind its a step backwards
for one having only a single commentator obviously isnt as fun for the viewers as having two but mostly the music and background noises (which i liked btw) were too loud eg in the piccard interview i didnt understand a single word he said

-insert yet another hissy fit about wmv here (i plan to make those an stcc broadcastthread tradition)-
Quote :first of all what happened to tristan and mike ?

We had a very tight window this month because I was slower putting the video together and there is a shorter gap to bring the next race forward because of the impending Christmas break, this created a scheduling problem, so I did it myself at the 11th hour.
Quote :secondly best broadcast yet but this is mostly a compliment to the drivers as they made this video as exciting as it is

Cheers. *acts all hurt*.
Quote :the camera angles were better than last time although some in lap1 were rather confusing with too much movement of the camera

This is a problem to solve, if I pause the footage to put cameras in position it looses time sync making camera transitions harder, if I dont pause the game I cannot get the cameras into position quickly enough. I am determined to try and do a better job of the start next time.
Quote :soundwise im afraind its a step backwards

I wasnt too pleased with the sound quality of the LFS recording, but I realised too late, I think this was due in part to the recent sound changes in LFS and me not taking the time to experiment with my recording settings, I will have this fixed for next time.
Quote :having only a single commentator obviously isnt as fun for the viewers

With deadline constraints I even approached the devs to ask if one would stand in as a commentator! I really dont want to put out the broadcast with only 1 commentator, but it just wasnt logistically possible this time.
Quote :mostly the music and background noises (which i liked btw) were too loud eg in the piccard interview i didnt understand a single word he said

Not understanding somebody from North of the Watford gap is quite common .
Quote :insert yet another hissy fit about wmv here

Insert reply from last time saying you are wrong here.
#28 - S0ul
Great,im loving these vid so much that im downloading the 400 mb version!Simply the best really
#29 - SamH
Quote from Becky Rose :Not understanding somebody from North of the Watford gap is quite common .

Grrr!
#31 - SamH
Aye! 'Appen!
Well thats the best one yet, very well put together. I liked the driver interviews, and ambient sounds that were included. The racing looked great too, I like the bonus point system to balance out the classes.

Where did you get the track announcer sound from? I am looking for more ambient track sounds to use in my videos, if you could point me in the right direction i would be very grateful.
Quote from Becky Rose :We had a very tight window this month because I was slower putting the video together and there is a shorter gap to bring the next race forward because of the impending Christmas break, this created a scheduling problem, so I did it myself at the 11th hour.

compliments on that kind of dedication
you must have no life at all

Quote :This is a problem to solve, if I pause the footage to put cameras in position it looses time sync making camera transitions harder, if I dont pause the game I cannot get the cameras into position quickly enough. I am determined to try and do a better job of the start next time.

after rewatching the start i figured my comment makes it sound worse than it is
its mainly that one shot coming out of t1 and into the S when the cam moves backwards rapidly that makes me lose track of where everybody is
also those extreme closeups later that lap are a bit misplaced with so much happening around the car the camera zoomed into

Quote :I wasnt too pleased with the sound quality of the LFS recording, but I realised too late, I think this was due in part to the recent sound changes in LFS and me not taking the time to experiment with my recording settings, I will have this fixed for next time.

i was mainly talking about the music being too loud but yes the lfs ingame sound quality wasnt as good as it could be
sounds a bit like limitation noise to me so probably turning down the ingame volume will fix that

Quote :Not understanding somebody from North of the Watford gap is quite common .

i also had troubles understanding you with the music at such a high volume and i like to think of myself as somebody whos relatively good at understanding english over background noise or weird accents (for a non native speaker that is)

Quote :Insert reply from last time saying you are wrong here.

insert my comeback from the last thread + that i believe im right a codec with blocking and aliasing issues as big as wmv isnt the first choice for a game video with lots of lines on the screen

oh in terms of script and timing you shouldnt talk about the championships standings over a static picture of the track if they show up on screen later on

btw i think you make a better commentator than tristan and mike since you conveyed more sense of excitement to me (ie you didnt sound like youd slit your wrists anytime soon )
so get 2 italian or spanish guys and itll be perfect
#34 - Vain
Shotglass, to me your comments sound pretty much like you didn't enjoy the broadcast at all. At least you seem to be picking on minor things and having a go at everything that might be remotely non-optimal. I don't know wether that is the opinion you want to express, though.
And by the way: If you didn't understand Becky then you have to learn english. Really. Seriously. Becky speaks a easily understandable english. 98% of all native speakers are far worse understandable.
I was also struggling to understand Pickard, but that's not because of the compression or background noise. We're just foreigners and aren't used to the pronounciation of some english accents. But I managed to understand what he was saying.
And just on a side note: I liked the sound quality a lot. You could actually hear wether the car in focus was an XRT, RB4 or FXO just from the sound of the engine. That was pretty noticable on some of the stadium-bend-exit shots.

If you want better understandable commentary, why don't we start a german broadcast? Same broadcast, german commentary.
(-> For the far future)

Vain
I would be happy to provide [English] commentry tagged broadcast movies for commentry teams using other languages. Even American if they're up for it?

Applicants should have the ability to speak in public with no self consciousness, be able and willing to work to a deadline and be computer literate (enough to record their broadcast). An Outward looking personality helps.

I can't timesync any foreign language commentries if I dont understand them, so the ability to edit your sound files and sync to a timecode 'beep' on the footage would be necessary.
get pissed off as today's autocross was cancelled at the last minute,
go out for a ride on my bike to cheer up,
get phone calls from bored other people also wanting motorsport,
invite everyone round, entry fee is food,
burn STCC 3 to VCD,
slap in DVD player,
crank the volume on 5.1 super stereo impersonation,
everyone fight for a good seat on the sofas,
laugh at "mebbe aisle pewt inna foo moar pussent, jussta beh sho'"
(not the accent, the fact he ran out of fuel.... ouch lol)
scream and shout for and against various drivers,
finish thoroughly cheered up!
speculate over results for the next round,
go and play lfs

been a good day so far

Another stunning broadcast, I have absolutely no major criticisms, nor any minor ones that weren't a product of circumstances well beyond your control.

Thank you Becky, and thank you STCC drivers for taking it so seriously and presenting a well simulated, Touring Car Cup League.
Wuouw that was a awesome broadcast of the race.
Very exciting to watch. -actually more exciting than most IRL racing.
And also a good demonstration of LFS tyrephysics, car damage etc.

Liked the heli and the pitspeaker sounds.

My littlebrother - who is not into LFS or racing at all - was here while I
watched it, and even he thought it was exciting to watch.
Quote from AndRand :~50KBs - still even worse than troy's one (~150KBs)
well, I watched it on youtube

Odd, I just tested and got 230+, maxing my 2mb connection.
#41 - Vain
Me too. Stable 243kbyte/sec.
Otherwise I suggest the google-version. ~240mb and nice quality.

Vain
Quote from Vain :Shotglass, to me your comments sound pretty much like you didn't enjoy the broadcast at all. At least you seem to be picking on minor things and having a go at everything that might be remotely non-optimal. I don't know wether that is the opinion you want to express, though.

oh no you got it all wrong i really enjoyed it but as the broadcasts improve with every installment theres less and less things to improve for perfection i can critizise on so it gradually turns into nitpicking

Quote :And by the way: If you didn't understand Becky then you have to learn english. Really. Seriously. Becky speaks a easily understandable english. 98% of all native speakers are far worse understandable.

you got me wrong there again
she is easily understandable but a few words are just unintelligeable when the bass completely drwons out her voice

Quote :If you want better understandable commentary, why don't we start a german broadcast? Same broadcast, german commentary.
(-> For the far future)

hm good idea actually
#43 - Vain
I'd ike to support a german commentary, but as I driver I'm somewhat biased ( ) and could only help with minor things or as an auxiliary commentator.
If there's anyone who thinks he would manage to do it, please throw Becky a message.

Vain
Becky,

In order that I may save my subwoofer from ejecting the cone from its box, and that I still may listen to your broadcasts on the telly downstairs nice and loud, I would like offer sponsoring you one of these. It's a microphone pop shield, cuts out the megabass on the P's and B's in words. PM me if you're interested.:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-Pop-sh ... ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Great video, as always

keep up the good work.
Quote from z3r0c00l :Becky,

In order that I may save my subwoofer from ejecting the cone from its box, and that I still may listen to your broadcasts on the telly downstairs nice and loud, I would like offer sponsoring you one of these. It's a microphone pop shield, cuts out the megabass on the P's and B's in words. PM me if you're interested.:

yeah... they should use a sound compressor and/or cut out low freq.
on the commentator sound.
#47 - Davo
Excellent broadcast. I love these and look forward to each one as they are done very very well. The only gripe I have is in regards to image quality and file size, but I guess that's a limitation with frapping.

Can I ask how you got the dark track surface and red rumble strips? Is it a custom mod or is it available here on the forum? Also are the sounds orginal or using CSR?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
If hosting isn't a problem, why not to release ~650mb versions with better qyality? For me at least it doesn't make a difference if the download takes 20 minutes instead of 13, but I'd like to enjoy better quality.
#49 - Vain
Unfortunately bandwith *is* an issue.
The downside of freehosters is that the files are only available temporarily. Also many of those services suffer from temporary lack of available bandwith. Also you have to upload the file to the various services which takes ages. Becky was talking about uploading data in the dimensions of 2 gb. This would be a lot easier if the STCC could do that on it's own servers.
Thus: Advertise the STCC, get more viewers (preferably at google or youtube) so we can get sponsors and we can hopefully grow quicker than the bandwith usage does.
Post links in as many forums as possible. Attract people to STCC and LFS and it's going to be a better world soon.

Vain
The MQ version is .wmv at the highest quality settings. To go higher I have to use divX or Xvid which I know some people would want, but after extensive experimentation the only way to actually improve the quality would result in considerably larger files, and DivX in particular sometimes works and sometimes doesnt with the same settings.

Currently I spend 2 evenings, or an entire Saturday, uploading when an STCC race is released.

I have purchased better web hosting which will be live by the time of the next event so that will ease the burden of uploading, but the streaming sites are so important for viewers (please discuss and rate them as much as possible on the YouTube and Google sites please, it makes a REAL difference to people finding us) I will still have to do a up to 2gb of uploading each month.

When you're dealing with half gig files bandwidth does become a bit of an issue. I have invested heavily in to the problem of hosting, but the solution in place still is not sufficient to last us until we get to the 100,000 viewer a month mark (too expensive for our current viewing figures), and realistically, that is when I can start attracting sponsors to the series to pay for it all and recoup the investment.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG