The online racing simulator

Poll : How do you mainly connect to a server?

By clicking on it in the server list.
None of the above. (Post alternatives)
By using Join2LFS links.
By searching mates ingame (with the search function).
By directly typing the name of the server.
I miss a answer...mates@track ng
well, will be available very soon...
shall be next week
Quote from whitey6272 :does it matter?

Pointless thread?

Maybe pointless for you, but not for me. The reason why I was asking was, that we are deciding how to rename our servers. Shall we make it plain text, so that one can easily type it in directly? Or shall we use some useless, but characteristic letters in there?

So, I think the result of this vote is pretty clear to me: Most people use any kind of link or list to connect to a server, only a few people type in server names directly. So using some additional letters such as points, or brackets or whatever won't hurt.

But I will not use any of these new special characters, since they produce strange HTML-output when using LFSW scripts.

I'm thinking of the Redline Racing servers here, tbh. They have a fancy server name, but converting it to Join2LFS links always produces strange characters.

OFF-TOPIC: Is there an easy way to display the special characters on websites?
Quote from HorsePower :I'm thinking of the Redline Racing servers here, tbh. They have a fancy server name, but converting it to Join2LFS links always produces strange characters.

Joining doesn't work via BFS either if you have special characters. I recommend dumping 'em! illepall
Quote from HorsePower :Maybe pointless for you, but not for me. The reason why I was asking was, that we are deciding how to rename our servers. Shall we make it plain text, so that one can easily type it in directly? Or shall we use some useless, but characteristic letters in there?

So, I think the result of this vote is pretty clear to me: Most people use any kind of link or list to connect to a server, only a few people type in server names directly. So using some additional letters such as points, or brackets or whatever won't hurt.

But I will not use any of these new special characters, since they produce strange HTML-output when using LFSW scripts.

I'm thinking of the Redline Racing servers here, tbh. They have a fancy server name, but converting it to Join2LFS links always produces strange characters.

OFF-TOPIC: Is there an easy way to display the special characters on websites?

Special characters work fine for me on websites, but I have the Asian language pack installed on Windows, before I installed that, I couldn't see any special characters.
#31 - S0ul
i use the ingame list,but sometime Join2LFS when i go to online alert and see my friends online
I also use the ingame list. That's the easiest way...
Quote from Bob Smith :Join2LFS would be great if only it didn't load a second instance of LFS. If it communicated with the instance already running I might use it more.

not possible as far as i know...
maybe scawen can change that!
Browse for Speed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG