The online racing simulator
Cleaning a MOMO
(11 posts, started )
Cleaning a MOMO
I have used my red momo for about 1,5 years now, and the areas I keep my hands on, are covered with 1mm solid layer of shit. Well, not literally, but quite a few grams of skin* , glued into the leather with sweat + grease + dirt from hands.

I'm planning to sell this wheel to a friend, and I think he wont fancy about gripping my dirty skin, so I'd like to hear any tips how could I possibly clean this mess? I've tried scrathcing it off with a knife, and being careful I may have get half of it removed, but the rest stays there if I want to keep the leather surface itself untouched. Is there any kind of chemicals that would melt the shit off but leave the leather undamaged?

* (the top layer, epidermis, of human skin regenerates itself about in week or two, and can weight several kilograms, so we drop dozens of kilos of dead skin cells per year)
Attached images
momo_dirty.jpg
Never heard

I tested quickly some oven cleaner foam, the package says it shouldn't be used on any plastic surfaces, but a 5 minute test seemed promising. I'll test it more tomorrow.
#4 - CSU1
Quote from frokki :Never heard

I tested quickly some oven cleaner foam, the package says it shouldn't be used on any plastic surfaces, but a 5 minute test seemed promising. I'll test it more tomorrow.

:doh: jesus m8 DON'T put oven cleaner near your wheel LMAO!!!
it will melt it, theres not a lot "A special" cleaner will do better than soap&water and some good old elbow grease, son of a gun shud leave it nice n' clean.
#5 - Bean0
The Red Momo has a real leather wheel does it not ?

There should be a load of leather cleaning products available local to you, I would try a car accessories shop.
Quote from Bean0 :The Red Momo has a real leather wheel does it not ?

There should be a load of leather cleaning products available local to you, I would try a car accessories shop.

Yes, it is real leather, but buying an expensive leather cleaner stuff is the last solution, since it's propably worth half of what the wheel itself is.
Seriously and I do mean seriously. Baby Wipes. Yes Sir, Baby Wipes. They clean a babies bum like nothing on earth, and they bloody clean everything else, Keyboard, Mouse, desk, Wheel, Pedals, you name it.

Get these from anywhere in the world. You will be amazed

Look like this http://www.viatrading.com/images/pampers-box.jpg

OK you can stop laughing now

Fordie
#8 - M.Mos
Use simple Soap, use a brush and "generate" some foam. Make sure the leather don't get wet to much (just on the surface). Brush it with the foam then remove the dirty foam and repeat until its clean. If the dirt doesn't come off you have to use something more aggresive or scrub harder.

But this MARS® or shit like you call it , can be removed quite well with simple soap.
#9 - CSU1
:doh: jesus, next thing you know people are going to be posting wondering how to wipe their own arse!
Quote from CSU1 ::doh: jesus, next thing you know people are going to be posting wondering how to wipe their own arse!

Baby Wipes :ices_rofl
Ok, I had to cancel my G25 order to cover the expenses of trashing my car, so I will try the "simple soap" today, and "baby wipes" next if that doesn't work.

Thanks for all kind answers! :lovies3d:

Cleaning a MOMO
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG