The online racing simulator
the best steering wheel ??
(24 posts, started )
So come on u experts, what is simply the best steering wheel for LFS ??
any help would be appreciated. thanks.
At sensible prices, Logitech G25.

For the rich, ECCI or BRD I suppose, a lot of the high end stuff is non-FFB though.

(moved to our wheel forum btw )
#3 - Munza
sensible price......g25? wtf lol

I'd say for sensible price a logitech momo racing.. it does the job fine
Until the pedals wear out.

The momo always struck me as cheap and cheerful. It does the job certainly, but I've never been that impressed with mine. I've also tried both the red momo and DFP, both are nicer (although the latter looks too much like a toy).
The £30ish wheels always struck me as cheap and nasty.
Quote from Bob Smith :At sensible prices, Logitech G25.

Sensible price. £200.
How rich are you to consider that as a sensible price.
I consider the £180 I paid for mine a fair and sensible price for the kit you get, I'm by no means rich - I live in a house share with 5 other people and work for Tesco's to pay my way through college, but you have to pay for quality and if you want decent kit for £50 your going to be waiting a while.
Well i'm 13 and have never had £180 before. Your older so you maybe consider £180 as decent money.
When your 13 even £50 seems like a fair chunk of money The most a paper route ever pays is ~£30 a week..things are a bit different when you go out and get a proper job though.
#9 - Jakg
im 15, and have managed to save up about £600 - do some jobs!
Your £15 are you.

I thought you were something like £18 tbh
#11 - Jakg
Quote from nutty boy :Your £15 are you.

I thought you were something like £18 tbh

yeh, i am a bit cheap, aren't i....

bollocks, edited!
How did you save up £600
#13 - Jakg
Quote from nutty boy :How did you save up £600

by carefully saving money, doing odd jobs and spending very little!
What kind of odd jobs did you do.

I'm gonna take the advice straight from the spammers mouth and try and save me up some money.
well I must be quite a priveliged kid, not many kids at my old school had pcs and if they did they were family pcs, i have my own. Now hopefully in 2 months time I'll get a DFP as lovely xmas present and i cant wait. £200 for the G25 for me isnt a "fair" price for the amount of money I have so I stick to DFP. Can't wait to use it though
That's a present I haven't thought of. I never thought of getting a steering wheel for christmas but cone to think of it, I went shopping with my mum and every shop I went in i was looking for a DFP. She might have got me one.
Hopefully she has. I'll be glad to get a wheel which hasn't got crappy suction pads.
#17 - Jakg
Quote from nutty boy :What kind of odd jobs did you do.

mowing lawns etc, plus, as my mum is a dance teacher, converting all her tapes to cd's
Quote from nutty boy :Well i'm 13 and have never had £180 before. Your older so you maybe consider £180 as decent money.

£180 is still a fair bit of money. However my first proper full time job gave me nearly twice that every week, so everything is relative. Considering I've spent nicely into the 4 figures on my audio equipment, it seems quite affordable to me.
Am I the only person here who has not had alot of money. I feel so poor.
Quote from nutty boy :Am I the only person here who has not had alot of money. I feel so poor.

You're definately not alone; my family wasn't exactly well off when I was younger Over the years, if you work hard enough, things change. It's all part of growing up, and getting reasonably well paid jobs, at the end of the day though (booo-hiss)
To answer the original question - G25 looks like and seems to be a good wheel but it will be £200. For a more reasonable price (excluding bob smith richness lol) the DFP is a nice wheel for about £50 - £60 now. People say about the pedals fail etc but it seems if you dont stamp on them or such they are fine

As for money, ive only had one job which paid about £50 a week but then i was only working 8 hours a week lol. But christmas jobs are good, im applying for some now as christmas is expensive so always good to earn some money. When your young £50 or £100 seems sooo much money. But just in rent i pay about £1600 a year so £100 seems so little to me but ah well, suppose thats growing up. Bring on the £30,000 a year jobs
And how stupid or naive it sounds, money isn't everything. If you have both parents and they are doing ok, you have a lot already. Stuffs like alcohol and etc. have ruined many childhoods

That G25 can be only little extra, nothing more
DFp then!
Thanks all for ur comments, It looks as though I will go for a Logitech DFP, seems a sensible price for a good wheel.

At the moment I use an XBOX360 controller which has triggers on the front for analogue gas and brake, but this is just too difficult to use when racing the big guns, for any1 who can't afford a wheel though, this is a good alternative.
Quote from steve1970 :...
At the moment I use an XBOX360 controller which has triggers on the front for analogue gas and brake, but this is just too difficult to use when racing the big guns, for any1 who can't afford a wheel though, this is a good alternative.

Or just don't by an Xbox360. Then you don't have the controller but enough money for 3 or 4 wheels

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG