The online racing simulator
What are you (m/f)?
(133 posts, started )

Poll : What are you?

Male
Female
Why don't ya join up, Tweak? Then you could have all that cool shit for real!
Quote from tinyk :fine fine, here's the pics. lol

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

That G.I. Joe is hot.
Quote from Hankstar :Why don't ya join up, Tweak? Then you could have all that cool shit for real!

Pffff yeah right!!!! And don't get me started on that I think I'll just stick to toys from now on.... regardless of how they may influence me (eg Army). Though if I have a lifesize Barbie, that would be pretty hard to ignore in my room. Hahahah :Eyecrazy::scared::eye-poppi:hypnotize:drugs:
Im a male ... last time I checked ... and barbie is a bit ..... yeh, and G.I Joe should have been in Toy Story
The stereotype of 'women cant drive' annoys me. I wish men wouldn't confuse driving and parking. My driving is absolutely fine thank you very much.
#56 - Jakg
Quote from Becky Rose :The stereotype of 'women cant drive' annoys me. I wish men wouldn't confuse driving and parking. My driving is absolutely fine thank you very much.

what about your parking?
Oh that's totally crap.
#58 - Jakg
Quote from Becky Rose :Oh that's totally crap.

My parkings quite good actually, i've parked a kart before, its so simple!

Approach space...

Go moderate speed...

Slightly turn away from space...

Turn HARD into space...

Brake!

As it slips round give it some throttle, then when it's in the right place brake again

I've only ever done it once, and there were about 12 people doing it at the same time. Somehow we all got it right, too!
Stunts / parking a kart in reverse, that's the easy bit. The hard part is knowing what's around you when you do it. See driving/racing is easy because if I need to know what is around me I just look. I can race an inch off the bumper of another car.

What I can't do is know where the kerb is i'm parking against when I can't see it, or know where the front of the car is if i'm reversing out of a drive.

Put simply, it's spatial awareness. I have to look at how close things are when i'm parking, rather than just knowing.
#60 - Jakg
Quote from Becky Rose :Stunts / parking a kart in reverse, that's the easy bit. The hard part is knowing what's around you when you do it. See driving/racing is easy because if I need to know what is around me I just look. I can race an inch off the bumper of another car.

What I can't do is know where the kerb is i'm parking against when I can't see it, or know where the front of the car is if i'm reversing out of a drive.

Put simply, it's spatial awareness. I have to look at how close things are when i'm parking, rather than just knowing.

women, eh?

Last time i drove a car, it was a Golf, backwards, through a tyre slalom. After a rather large mental breakdown, and after suddenly forgetting how not to stall a car, i did 3 "slaloms" and gave up!
that's what I call parking a car
#62 - Jakg
ive seen that done before (Russ Swift + Mini ), it looks great!

Damn their are some good vids on YouTube!
Quote from frokki :Why do hobbies have to be so sex-related? I mean if a guy does horse riding, its often judged gay. Why don't girls like cars as much as guys? I bet it has nothing to do with the female character or nature, but our coulture instead, and that sucks. I' d really like to see more girl/woman racers in different levels of racing (and simracing).

I did horse riding for 5 years, so, those who want to call me gay can do that but doesnt make me gay though just by calling me that :P
Btw, I made the thread to see how many ladies and gents that accturally take part in this.. There arent many girls playing now a days so it would be nice to know if some accturally participate in it
Well my girlfriend really likes cars and knows quite alot about them. She even ocasionally plays LFS at my place
I think the difference comes from the hormones.Girls usually don't fancy competition.Boys always try to prove that they are better than their friends around.That makes us grow up but it never ends.I'm 29 and i still love competition, i love to try to beat others.I play football, tennis, table tennis.When there're 2 boys, there's competition. It fades with getting older but never ends Computer games are part of competition.It's not entertainment it is competition. And i can hear you getting ready to type about sporty girls, i know. Some girls have higher level of testosterone (spelled it right?) which makes them stand up and shout.Like M.Sharapova
The Competive Spirit is more to do with having sibbling and a competetive environment than hormones.
what is sibbling?
Quote from Becky Rose :The Competive Spirit is more to do with having sibbling and a competetive environment than hormones.

I beg to differ....although sibling rivalry can tend to enhance a competetive spirit, it is not exclusive. Many famous competitors in lots of sports are 'only children', as in all walks of life, (that is, not confined to sport)
Quote from ZORER :Girls usually don't fancy competition.Boys always try to prove that they are better than their friends around.

Don't know what girls you've been around, but I've seen some trully competitive spirits from some. It's just that the aggression required is expressed differently most of the time, it's sort of introverted and it builds up. But that's not a rule of thumb either. Ever met a girl that was raised with only male siblings?

One of my best friends' sis (the only girl in a 4 kid family) plays waterpolo for a pretty successful local team. Feminine and girly enough normally, but in the pool she's a barbarian - in one game I watched her "accidentally" headbutt and elbow an opponent in one move (all perfectly done to not be visible from where the ref was) just to get that ball... Same with a triathlete I know - similar upbringing and similar results when she's racing (less physical violence there).

Quote from ZORER :That makes us grow up but it never ends.

I'd say it usually has the reverse effect - the immaturity never stops flowing once a competition is on. What makes alot of men "grow up" (albeit usually momentarily) is the presence of a female. And gods is that great to poke fun at...

EDIT:
D'oh - slow posting - Becky Rose pointed out the sibling thing.
Quote from xaotik :What makes alot of men "grow up" (albeit usually momentarily) is the presence of a female.

Ancient Proverb: (for men) "Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not!"

My dear Wife ('er indoors!) often complains about the TWO kids in our house...cant work it out, coz we only got one child! illepall
This is getting harder for me to understand the complex words you use.That's why i can't give answers.I wish this was in my native language.

But i'm sure if a girl is succesful at sports, she has higher testosterone..This is a scientific truth.Don't oppose with this. Higher testosterone doesn't mean she'll not be girly.It helps her do better sports and be more aggressive.

Ever watch Discovery channel? Or get into science magazines?
Quote from xaotik :What makes alot of men "grow up" (albeit usually momentarily) is the presence of a female.

That's only what you think. I know we act more grown up and more serious when there's a possible sex partner around.But beleive me that's only act.I know it because i do it. The real thing that makes you grow up is competition because it teaches you what you are capable of and what you can do and what you should do.
Quote from ZORER :Ever watch Discovery channel? Or get into science magazines?

Discovery channel and science don't match imho.

The amount of hormones is not necessarily "set" when we begin existing. Environment can stimulate certain glands in favour over others. However, environment tends to favour certain roles for certain sexes. Those roles have huge effect as can be seen in this and some other off-topic conversations.

I didn't answer, because I don't want to be thinking in a restrictive manner. Gender is only physical thing, I think. What we are deep inside, is not defined by M or F.

Plus, I'd rather be old than grown up
It's okay about the language thing - I think you're doing just fine - mind you, English is not my native language either.

Quote from ZORER :But i'm sure if a girl is succesful at sports, she has higher testosterone..This is a scientific truth.Don't oppose with this. Higher testosterone doesn't mean she'll not be girly.It helps her do better sports and be more aggressive.

But we're not judging the "being better" aspect - just the thing of "competitiveness". Having a competitive spirit and a drive to "prove yourself" or "be better than others" is not 100% hormone-related in the testosterone vs. estrogen sense.

EDIT:
And as Julppu rightly put it above, the environment and stimuli can greatly affect hormonal balance.

Quote from ZORER :The real thing that makes you grow up is competition because it teaches you what you are capable of and what you can do and what you should do.

One could say that any sort of actual hardship in life teach you this - anything that pushes you to the limit.

But competition in sports won't necessarily cut it. "Growing up" - whatever that means - is a much more complex issue than this, IMO. If you mean in terms of maturity - then look at the antics some of the world's top sportsmen pull of - hardly mature, no?

Look at Gidane's headbutting incident, testosterone-fueled to the maximum, been in a highly competitive sport for years yet that was hardly a mature action.

What are you (m/f)?
(133 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG