The online racing simulator
What is EMO?
(46 posts, started )
emo, goth, both hate everything, same thing
Most emo kids are not druggies (at least, not in relation to being emo anyways), and do not have long hair. Most have black hair, with some bleached blonde areas and a half curl over one eye. Males wear girl's clothes a lot (especially the pants.) No joke. There is some carry-over from the goth culture; things like painted fingernails and the copius amounts of black clothing and the like. Also, don't confuse slow music with Emo. While emo is generally slow music, there's more to it. It's 99% youths (<25 yearolds) who are extremely whiney and try to make others feel sorry for themselves. If anyone considers it the music of this generation, than the future of society is even bleaker than I thought it was. I can't stand this sappy 'I need attention so I don't accidentally kill myself while pretending to cut myself' crap.

Like any fad, every one of them believes they are an individual, and are so damn hard-done-by in life, can't take living, and all that stupid crap. Emo is on its way out though, the new fad is 'Hardcore.' Any punk here will tell you hardcore is a more edgy Punk style of music; except now the term has come to mean a more edgy style of Emo. Same Emo lyrics, but now it has heavy guitar riffs and harder drumming. Oh yea, and 'breakdowns.' A breakdown is basically a slow (but heavy) strumming on the guitar, usually off-key to make it more difficult to play.

I know this because about 90% of all the white youth non-rappers in this area of the province are either Emo or Hardcore kids; including many of my friends.

Me? I'm not really in a group. I do like some 'hardcore' music, although I mostly listen to metal (Cradle of Filth, Children of Bodom, In Flames, etc) but I like a lot of other stuff. Johnny Cash makes some appearances in my playlist, as do Orgy, Sonata Arctica, Prodigy, A Perfect Circle, and other non-metal artists. I suppose I look like a metal kid most of the time, but I don't wear it like a uniform like many of the metal-kids. I like wallet chains and camo pants. I like tattoos and piercings. I don't think I'm an individual, I don't conform to other cliques. I don't try to be an individual, and I don't try to be different. I'm just me, take it or leave it.
I do listen mcr and soad, and sometimes polish my toe nails with pink.
But I wear normal, not black, clothes designed for men and have normal emotional and social life. So I'm no EMO
From urbandictionary:

Emo: "Like a Goth, only much less dark and much more Harry Potter."

@Maggot - C.O.B. rule :up:
Quote from MAGGOT :...

Me? I'm not really in a group. I do like some 'hardcore' music, although I mostly listen to metal (Cradle of Filth, Children of Bodom, In Flames, etc) but I like a lot of other stuff. Johnny Cash makes some appearances in my playlist, as do Orgy, Sonata Arctica, Prodigy, A Perfect Circle, and other non-metal artists. I suppose I look like a metal kid most of the time, but I don't wear it like a uniform like many of the metal-kids. I like wallet chains and camo pants. I like tattoos and piercings. I don't think I'm an individual, I don't conform to other cliques. I don't try to be an individual, and I don't try to be different. I'm just me, take it or leave it.

I could never listen to sonata arctica...

COB, In flames, cradle of filth are approved though. Get rid of the sonatas though.

And Devin Townsend

EDIT: Listening Jamie Lee Maslon now :o
Quote from Hyperactive :COB

Alexi "jau jau wild child" Laiho, no need to say more
Quote :In flames

Started to make softer music so that they would sell more therefore they aren't TRVV metal
Quote :cradle of filth

Even Dani Filth has said they only make music like they make is only to make money. So they aren't TRVV metal either.

Only TRVV metal like Impaled Northern Moonforest is approved music. If you listen to other fake metal bands you are a poser!

I am going to sleep now.
Eh, what is with all that fake metal and true metal rubbish anyway. I think some people take musically too seriously.

Emo - it's your worst nightmare. Consumes people who don't have their own oppinions, sit there watching MTV2, Scuzz and Kerrang all day. And if the music video includes a crowd enjoy the music, then they buy the album. Urgh.
Always the worst trends gets the most followers...

Like so called "gangster hiphop", Tamagotchis, plastic pacifiers and such stuff...

Fitting into categories like emo, punk, metal, goth, hip-hop, techno, whatever, just limits you to a stereotype...

I hope my crappy english made my point clear to everyone
emo is strange. still strange illepall
get away from me
>90% of teenagers.
Break out the happy hardcore!! man I need to dig out my old tapes
Quote from MAGGOT :Me? I'm not really in a group. I do like some 'hardcore' music, although I mostly listen to metal (Cradle of Filth, Children of Bodom, In Flames, etc) but I like a lot of other stuff. Johnny Cash makes some appearances in my playlist, Sonata Arctica, A Perfect Circle.

Some very good bands in there Personally really into sonata arctica and tarot at the minute.

Quote :I don't think I'm an individual, I don't conform to other cliques. I don't try to be an individual, and I don't try to be different. I'm just me, take it or leave it.

Thats what emos arent - i mean get a crowd of emos and try to find someone who looks even slightly different.

Emo is the current trend which personally i think is dying out but rock and roll is forever hehe.
Quote from Robster230 :Break out the happy hardcore!! man I need to dig out my old tapes

I got loads of happy hardcore music have a few prodigy songs as well... really depends on what mood im in.. sometimes ill listen to hardcore, other times trance, may even get me listening to the Who! hehe i do quite like them though
What is an emo? You! hehe (joke! )Emo\'s can have a tendancy to slit their wrists :s... due to their emotions. (this might have already been said!! )
Its a case of - Not all the people the self harm are emo but most emos self harm lol. Self harming is a bad thing to do and ive seen it ruin too many people
If you humiliate an emo then I think you actually please the person, quite interesting.
*in richard atinborough voice* EMO`s are sad pathetic creatures that live in the darknes. they evolve to have a coat of black hair in there teen years, and like most deep sea creatures, have very little pigment in their skin. in short, they will always be pray to the more dominant race, the chavs (which a aint to keen on either).
Quote from Captain Slow :*in richard atinborough voice* EMO`s are sad pathetic creatures that live in the darknes. they evolve to have a coat of black hair in there teen years, and like most deep sea creatures, have very little pigment in their skin. in short, they will always be pray to the more dominant race, the chavs (which a aint to keen on either).

Any emo reading that would burst into tears from the sight of that many spelling mistakes
Quote from K.David :Any emo reading that would burst into tears from the sight of that many spelling mistakes

lol true. but im having a tired day today. im allowed to misspell. i raelly hate myspace. and i hate arguing with people that think its good. when even though you point out blatently how sad it is, they dont agree. (although im saying this as i reach page 1 of saddnes ratings i think) lol

What is EMO?
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG