The online racing simulator
ALT+F1-F5 : Does anyone use them?
(41 posts, closed, started )

Poll : What's your opinion on the Instant View Selection keys ALT+F1-F5?

Closed since :
I never use ALT+F1-F5. Get rid of them!
I didn't know about them and don't have an opinion.
I use them occasionally but don't mind if they go.
I haven't got a clue what you are talking about.
I always use ALT+F1-F5! Leave them there!
I use them sometimes and I want them to stay.
Quote from DasBoeseC :Well, I love Shift+F4 and sometimes accidentially press Alt+F4 when I want to press Shift+F4 so I am not sure that I want Alt+F4 to be enabled.....

Shrug

.....but I never used Alt+F1-F5 on purpose Wink

Very good point. I don't use Alt F1-5 on purpose, but I DO use shift F4 to change between window/full. And, out of muscle memory habit, I do occasionally hit Alt-F4, which currently is safe.

But if Alt-F4 closes LFS then it'll potentially cause problems. Maybe Alt-F4 needs some 'confirm' dialog, but one that doesn't get in the way of driving if you just happen to be changing between window and fullscreen on the backstraight or something.
Alt-F4 is a helluva combination to hit accidently isn't it? Personally, I would love to have a way of closing LFS without going through the process that we have now. One keypress and back to desktop. Just the job.
I did actually use them once, to try if they work. We don't have much views, so it's easy to cycle. And cycle even works backwards, so you have to du a maximum of press (shift+)v twice Cool
no problem to remove alt+f1-f5 for me Smile
"I didn't know about them and don't have an opinion."

So basically I don't care if they stay or leave.
V is slow way to change view for me, so I vote to keep the current system.
I haven't got a clue what you are talking about. My Choice Shy
Damn, a keyboard feature of LFS I didn't know about. I'm slacking, must do more revision. Big grin

I think it is a useful feature though, instant cockpit or custom views. I can't think when you'd need to be able to instantly switch to a replay camera (unless you're making a movie).
I voted for using them occasionally, but I misread the poll, I thought it said Ctrl+F1-F5, which I do use sometimes. I've never used Alt+F1-F5 though, and I wouldn't miss them if they left.
nearly mixed this up with the strg+ keys...

but this seems to be one of the "secret" lfs keys that prolly 80% don't even know about...
I never used them. I like "v" better, I think its more easy too.
#37 - JTbo
I don't use those buttons, I use only 'T' ',' '.' and my wheel, of course sometimes I may type some text with several letters that has been attached to my keyboard for some funny reason and end up driving to wall Shrug
I use one of them.
I have a jostick next to me with a roller I use for cycling through the views, but I can also press down to jump to cockpit view.

I'd be happy if 'jump to default view' remained, even if it changed to another button combination.
never used them...
Quote from 96 GTS :I voted for using them occasionally, but I misread the poll, I thought it said Ctrl+F1-F5, which I do use sometimes. I've never used Alt+F1-F5 though, and I wouldn't miss them if they left.

Me too. Shy Frown

Never used ALT+F...
OK, thanks for your replies and votes.

I've gathered anough info.

You will find in test patch U26 (to be released this week) there is a "Fast Safe Exit" which exits cleanly from LFS, after doing a proper multiplayer disconnection.

This Fast Safe Exit can be activated either by clicking the X (close window) button or ALT+F4. You can disable the ALT+F4 key with an option.
This thread is closed

ALT+F1-F5 : Does anyone use them?
(41 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG