The online racing simulator
ALT+F1-F5 : Does anyone use them?
(41 posts, closed, started )

Poll : What's your opinion on the Instant View Selection keys ALT+F1-F5?

Closed since :
I never use ALT+F1-F5. Get rid of them!
I didn't know about them and don't have an opinion.
I use them occasionally but don't mind if they go.
I haven't got a clue what you are talking about.
I always use ALT+F1-F5! Leave them there!
I use them sometimes and I want them to stay.
I get a lot of requests to enable the ALT+F4 (quick close) key.
It was disabled when the Instant View Selection keys were added.
Personally I have never pressed any of ALT+F1-F5.
So... I'd like to get rid of these little used key presses from LFS.
You can now program any F key or CTRL+F key to select a view, using the /view command.

So what's your opinion? Please vote!
#2 - XsX!
never used those keys so ok for me
Nope, don't need em here
in general i use the V key to switch through views... so i don't need alt+f1... at the moment.
I didn't even know what they did... So get rid of them!
Nope, never used them here Scawen
Never use them, pressing "v" a couple of times is easier.
#8 - Jakg
I dont even know what they do, so remove them!
I think I've used them a few times after I accidently found out what they do, but right now I'm only using V to toggle through. I don't think anyone will miss these, because not only is switching view while driving dangerous, actually pressing ALT+F1-5 takes probably longer than simply mashing V.
Never used them either tbh.

Edit: Meh, now theres a poll
I only use ALT for push-to-talk in Teamspeak, but ALT plus an F key, I don't think I've ever used any combination such as that, and for an instant view option, it just seems wierd. So much to remember :tired:
I've tried to close LFS by doing ALT+F4 but I think its great that its disabled because I've clicked wrong several times and having it disabled helps if you click wrong in-game....
me neither, just V and shift V...
that's faster and closer... (I have a wheel...)
could program it to the wheel though...
Never used them, didn't even know what they did up till a minute ago.

Edit: i voted to get rid of them, for the sake of enabling quick-close functionality.
i've always wanted alt+f4 for LFS.
thats the first time that i hear about that feature!
so, wont miss them as i havent ever used them
To be honest, I never heard of them.
Never used ALT+F* , only cycled views with "V".
Enable ALT+F4 is a good idea.
It's bad enough having a power button on my keyboard, but alt-f4 and cats... This could be a bad day for me !

I dont use the existing short cuts though, although i'd have to check with my cats as they use short cuts in LFS i've never heard of before - and on my amp... I can't say how long it takes me to get sound back sometimes, or the appologise I have to make.
Never used them, send them to code heaven
Well, I love Shift+F4 and sometimes accidentially press Alt+F4 when I want to press Shift+F4 so I am not sure that I want Alt+F4 to be enabled.....

.....but I never used Alt+F1-F5 on purpose
Quote from AndroidXP :I don't think anyone will miss these, because not only is switching view while driving dangerous, actually pressing ALT+F1-5 takes probably longer than simply mashing V.

What he said :frosty:
Didn't know about them, now I do but I'll stick to 'V'.
ALT+F4 to close LFS is good for me, because I started playing lfs at school (which sucks harder than a 60 year old without teeth, thanks to mouse racing, I don't even dare to go online with it). Going back to windows, minimize it, takes quite some time on our comps (I'm running LFS on normal res, but all other settings way down, and it still runs at only 16fps (mostly)).
i dont realy care abot them...
This thread is closed

(41 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG