The online racing simulator
Car Spluttering?
(10 posts, started )
Car Spluttering?
It only happened when I played demo, mainly because I havnt tried it with S2, but sometimes when I turned my engine off, then I turned it on again, the engine would splutter and not run properly at all, it wouldnt get to 5,000 in 1st. but then after a while, it will run fine.

Is this a bug, or a feature of the wonderful LFS, has anyone else experienced it.

Many thanks
#2 - CSU1
I'm guessing this is a joke! I suppose your tyres keep loosing pressure too, maybe a puncture, maybe blocked injectors? , maybe the timing is off, maybe a dirty petrol filter, dodgy spark plugs???
#3 - Gunn
When you turn the engine on are you just tapping the start button once lightly or are you holding it in for several seconds?
#4 - bbman
Someone else also had a thread about something similar to this (maybe even the same)... He posted a replay of him sitting in an LX4 at an SO-track and said, the engine was doing weird things, "as if only 3 of the 4 cylinders are working"...
#5 - CSU1
Quote from bbman :Someone else also had a thread about something similar to this (maybe even the same)... He posted a replay of him sitting in an LX4 at an SO-track and said, the engine was doing weird things, "as if only 3 of the 4 cylinders are working"...

:uglyhamme :spam4: :spam4: :spam4: :spam4: :spam4:
Quote from Gunn :When you turn the engine on are you just tapping the start button once lightly or are you holding it in for several seconds?

Adding to that, maybe your "I" key is sticky and stays depressed? This will cause the engine to turn on/off all the time very quickly and would resemble pretty much the same behaviour you described.
Quote from CSU1 :spam

Seriously, WTF? Why do you have to post so many useless things here?
Quote from bbman :Someone else also had a thread about something similar to this (maybe even the same)... He posted a replay of him sitting in an LX4 at an SO-track and said, the engine was doing weird things, "as if only 3 of the 4 cylinders are working"...

I once saw Phlos' engine doing that after a FOX race in the previous patches. He never came up with a proper explanation, although some say he had run of fuel and was holding 'I' down. I'm not convinced though, but I admit I never tested it.
something like this has happened to me a couple of times. the car started to sound sick, and lack power at high revs, and i thought maybe i had downshifted too fast and damaged the engine, but half-way back to the pits it returned to normal. i wasn't doing anything funky.
#9 - Thoma
Blown a gasket maybe?

Indeed, It is a weird problem. Maybe see how it goes from now on. Is it only the once it has happened?
#10 - Gunn
Blown a set of pedals more likely

Car Spluttering?
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG