The online racing simulator
Chosen Username Regrets
(96 posts, started )
I wonder how many people will try your username and password out. I'm honest and I didn't

I did consider falling for it though
#77 - JJ72
So far, so fine until some band decide to go for the same name. JJ is nothing unique, but still I like it, 72 has a special meaning regarding my first romantic relationship so no way I will change that. And I think these 4 letters put together does look quite neat visually.
i considered it too.. but thought nobody can be that stupid... can they.....
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Oh yes, first name I tried was TristanCliffe but it was already taken.. since it's my real name. Some imposter probably stole it.
Ohwell, Sam sounds good as well..
I entered 'Blifaringaroo' as my username. It was taken though.
My real name is Kovács Gyula, but in games iam using the nick mata or matagyula. The reason is quite simple- 6-8 years ago as we were playing football one of my friends told me, that iam mata. I was like wtf, what "mata", how do you mean that ?! "Just mata ... " . Everybody started to call me mata, so iam sticking to that nick. Automatic is called autoMATA in hungarian, so maybe that is the answer, or maybe MATAdor ( no wai it is related to Matahari !! -.- ) . Like the name, no regret here
I regret only that my name so long and that lower case L and I look too much the same (in the game).

I had to invent a new user name for S2 because the name I used before collided with some other people in the demo side. Only 2 people have ever asked me what's the meaning/idea behind my name. So anyone guessing it here (and what it got to do with LFS) gets a virtual Jaffa cake.
No regrets really..my username is the same I've used since I can remeber. I came up with it when I was about 9 or 10, doesn't stand for anything, can't even remeber how I came up with it, but it stuck - its unique so I have no trouble registering on forums etc. When directly addressed in chat etc its normally shortened to rts, which works fine for me.
I love my username, mainly because it's my last name.
My user name stems from when I first ventured on to the net for on-line gaming. So it was during the days of Quake2 on Wireplay that I came up with Mr Bogeyman. I stole the format from my brother whose nick is Mr Marmalade (but has since changed to Mr Spoon).

Then I got hooked on NFS:HS and NFS:PU online so I had to shorten it a bit to fit on number plates and/or next to team tags....so BOGEY was used.

Anyway, no regrets about my username. Quite unique and original and hopefully memorable I think ive only ever once seen someone with anything close.

Actually it is also has a multi-meanings:
Mr Bogeyman - as in the scary dude or whatever (like the one that was on BBC for a bit )
BOGEY - as in the snot or crusty bits up your nose
OR
BOGEY - as in "Ive got a bogey on my six, aaaahhhhhhhhhh he got me" (bogey means enemy fighter plane/spaceship for those of you who didnt get my ramblings )

edit:
OR
BOGEY - a 1 over par shot in golf
DOUBLE BOGEY - a 2 over par shot in golf
Quote from mrbogeyman :My user name stems from when I first ventured on to the net for on-line gaming. So it was during the days of Quake2 on Wireplay that I came up with Mr Bogeyman. I stole the format from my brother whose nick is Mr Marmalade (but has since changed to Mr Spoon).

Then I got hooked on NFS:HS and NFS:PU online so I had to shorten it a bit to fit on number plates and/or next to team tags....so BOGEY was used.

Anyway, no regrets about my username. Quite unique and original and hopefully memorable I think ive only ever once seen someone with anything close.

Mr Bogeyman - as in the scary dude or whatever (like the one that was on BBC for a bit )
OR
BOGEY - as in "Ive got a bogey on my six, aaaahhhhhhhhhh he got me" (bogey means enemy fighter plane/spaceship for those of you who didnt get my ramblings )

or you went one over par. or two. i dunno, but its summit to do with golf.
Quote from mrbogeyman :My user name stems from when I first ventured on to the net for on-line gaming. So it was during the days of Quake2 on Wireplay that I came up with Mr Bogeyman. I stole the format from my brother whose nick is Mr Marmalade (but has since changed to Mr Spoon).

OR

OMG! I have got a bogey on my six! Aaah! He got me

Quote from Hyperactive :OMG! I have got a bogey on my six! Aaah! He got me

you do know I have that as a text macro?

or more precisely:
[dSRC] BOGEY: On your six. Watch for enemy fire!
Sometimes I think I spelt my name a bit weirdly. Like it's put together from 2 different languages. Electric, or Elektrik... but it's Electrik. I'm a bit of a treehugger, so I wanted something which was a bit environmentally kosher (like an electric car). Fuel Cell just sounded dumb...

In BF2142 demo I'm known simply as EKar1.
#90 - Goop
I wish I had a small 'g'. The capital makes me feel self-important and i reckon it just looks better, more symmetrical... i wonder sometimes if I've spent too much time thinking about this

I even pm'ed Vic about it some time ago (much to his annoyance, I'm sure)... but it wasn't (easily) do-able :sadbanana
#91 - SamH
Quote from thisnameistaken :Ooh! Right then, I can get you back for all those times you called me Kev!

Are you a member of the "Society for the Advancement of Kevins"?
Quote :I wish I had a small 'g'. The capital makes me feel self-important

Trust me, with a name like Goop, you need a capital G!
I wish I could change my Username to Gu3st, which I have registered to protect someone else from stealing it/I decide to buy a new licence for it.

I used dawesdust_12 because it was what my MSN was and it has my last name, a shortened version of my name, and then hit 1 and 2 (also had dawesdust_13 and _11 for MSN :P ). Then signing up at RSC I decided to be cheeky and register as guest, then forgot password, remade guest_new, then guest__new, which became Gu3st, then became Dustin Dawes.

Gu3st is just what I've become in this online world. I am only a Guest.
No regrets here.

Forbin actually comes from a Trey Anastasio (of Phish fame) song/story in which there is a character named Colonel Forbin. I thought it sounded kind of cool and unusual, so after using Ender for a while in my CS days, I switched to Forbin. I later found out it was actually a real name and was also used in a movie title from 1970 (The Forbin Project).

Ender came from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, and after a couple years I decided it sounded very dumb if you didn't get the reference.
Quote from Goop :I wish I had a small 'g'. The capital makes me feel self-important and i reckon it just looks better, more symmetrical... i wonder sometimes if I've spent too much time thinking about this

I even pm'ed Vic about it some time ago (much to his annoyance, I'm sure)... but it wasn't (easily) do-able :sadbanana

You think it would be easier for Vic if we swapped our first letters? You'd get a lowercase 's' and I'd finally have my capital first letter.

Come to think of it, soop and Gpankmeyer actually doesn't sound too bad...
No regrets here... The first nicks I've thought of weren't what you call creative, thus they were taken long ago and I didn't wanted to be the 538th with the same nick... Then, genious struck me and I took my initials, added my sex and I found my nick: bbman... Wherever I go, nobody seemed to thought of bbman as a nick, so it's always available...

Chosen Username Regrets
(96 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG