The online racing simulator
Scawen, question about Eric's progress..
(16 posts, closed, started )
Sorry Scawen, but can you please tell me is Eric working on the better cockpits for the S2 final? are they even in the plan?
The reason why i ask this is because i was planning on doing cockpits by myself, but it is hard and long work, and there are great limitations in changing them right now, so i am courius whether he is working on them and if he's planning to work on them, just so i know whether or not to bother to do them by myself..
I may sound like some noob now adressing the thread directly to you but i am really curious and i am sure most are, because we don't know anything from Eric's side..
So.. if you find some time to reply, it would be great, if not, never mind.... i know that you have a lot of work to do..
Regards..
iirc we were told that eric is woriking on them but wasnt quite satisfied with them yet so they didnt make it into s/t/u
Last I've hear he really dislikes the quality of the current cockpits and working on new ones. I think I read it in an interview some time ago.
Quote :...
iirc we were told that eric is woriking on them but wasnt quite satisfied with them yet so they didnt make it into s/t/u...

...Last I've hear he really dislikes the quality of the current cockpits and working on new ones. I think I read it in an interview some time ago.

Well i sure hope this is true and that he didn't quit working on them and send them to recycle bin..
An official confirmation would be great though..
Looking at the quality of the stuff Eric has done in LFS to date, I doubt we will see new cockpits until they pass his ultra high standards.
I hope Eric doesn't continue his obsession to low-res textures what comes to the cockpits...
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Looking at the quality of the stuff Eric has done in LFS to date, I doubt we will see new cockpits until they pass his ultra high standards.

The current ones made it through.
#8 - Gunn
Quote from deggis :I hope Eric doesn't continue his obsession to low-res textures what comes to the cockpits...

Eric doesn't have an obsession with low textures. It's a bit unfair to say things like that.
Quote from Gunn :Eric doesn't have an obsession with low textures. It's a bit unfair to say things like that.

He sure doesn't, as we all know the devs want LFS to work on 80-90% percent of people's PC's and big for that! .. but we all saw that the high res updates that we done doesn't cause any FPS drop, and we all have pretty decent computers anyway, decent enough to support better cockpits..
#10 - Gunn
Quote from Boris Lozac :He sure doesn't, as we all know the devs want LFS to work on 80-90% percent of people's PC's and big for that! .. but we all saw that the high res updates that we done doesn't cause any FPS drop, and we all have pretty decent computers anyway, decent enough to support better cockpits..

Some players can't use cockpit view at all due to low FPS. In any case, the interiors of the cars are an area that Eric wanted to make improvements and I imagine that may go further than just changing textures.
Quote from deggis :I hope Eric doesn't continue his obsession to low-res textures what comes to the cockpits...

Talking of obsession, i hope some day u can say anything positive about something.
true, LFS is really great for this reason too, no need to have the last graphic card, Go's and Go's of RAM or the last cpu on the market (<= demo for Medieval 2 : TW need a cpu cap. of using sse2 instructions illepall (intel or athlon 64)). Don't blame the fantastic job done by the devs to allow this!!!especially because the result is really great!
If you look at Blackwood you will see, that the textures are high-res enough for racing. Don't forget, that the S1 tracks (Fern Bay, South City) were made about 3 1/2 years ago with only minor revisions for S2. Same goes for most cockpit textures, they are now about 4 years old! No wonder they do look a bit outdated.
I just hope that when the cockpits are updated, they are done well enough. If they are just new textures I will be very disappointed. Not only because they are just textures (even how good looking they may be) but because then he has to do it all over again for S3 (slowing things down)... The 3d objects should be updated too, and every car should have it's own cockpit textures, or maybe more than one (different colors).

If they are on par with nk pro, I'm prepared to wait a year
IIRC in an interview that was held with the devs wasnt it said something about the cockpits being remade. And then scawen said that they werent going to be released because eric wasnt happy with them.

If i remember both correctly then it means we should have new cockpits sometime. Doesnt really affect me though as i use cockpit view but too busy driving the car lol.
I will close this thread.

Because :

1) I don't like the title, it's annoying.
2) You are really just asking us to repeat what we've already said.
This thread is closed

(16 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG