The online racing simulator
Saitek R440 FF Wheel
(7 posts, started )
Saitek R440 FF Wheel
I have recently borrowed my brothers FF wheel (stated above). Never used FF before and am getting a bit frustrated with it. Its great going through corners but when im on the straight it knocks from one side to the other slightly. It feels as if the car has something loose and the wheels are about to come off (If that makes any sense??!!??).

Hope its not a simple config issue and i'm being a tool illepall ....(As Usual)

P.S My bro hasnt got a clue either!

P.P.S Still Loving LFS..... Quite simply the best online game ever!!!

H (Jack Bauer)
#2 - bbman
Own that wheel, does the same thing with me... And from reports I think the logitech wheel do that as well if you crank up the FF... Maybe something with LfS itself?
If you have a control panel for adjusting FF settings (not in LFS) then set the overall strength to something like 70% and 100% in LFS. Experiment with the values, I know that with a logitech formula force EX it takes just about that much to stop that oscillation and to also maintain decently strong FF effects (it won't be "rip the wheel from your grip" strong but you get adequate feedback for what the car is doing).
Unfortunately I get the exact same; and its a design flaw of the wheel. You can eliminate most of it with vehicle setup, and setting controller feed back to about 50%, but you'll never get it perfect.
Also setting non-linear steering to 0 and setting the proper wheel-lock in LFS Control options helps a bit. Even my DFP shakes my hands on straights with certain setups, but lowering FF force, disabling analogue steer smooth and setting proper wheel-lock made my problem solved now....
Cheers for that, i'll have a play tonight!!

There must be some way of stopping it, tried turning the FF right down but then that defeats the object surely!!

Let you know how i get on....

H
Reducing the in game wheel lock (part of the setup) to the minimum required will help (I think that was what MadCatX might have been getting at).

Reducing front camber/caster will help also but obviously you want to tune them for handling/speed rather than stop side-to-side shaking.

Saitek R440 FF Wheel
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG