The online racing simulator
TRIPLEHEAD2Go??
(14 posts, started )
TRIPLEHEAD2Go??
THere is a gadget put out by Matrox which will enable three monitors to be used from ONE graphics card and give, with three nineteen inch monitors, a potential 42" diagonal screen and IT IS compatible with LFS.
I wonder if any fans have stepped into this immersive way of showing the track around them. It is compatible with a number of software titles including Flight Sims and a number of combat programs.
Anyone have any experience of TH2Go as yet?
I haven't got one myself yet but the reviews are good.
Thanks TCannon. Does the edge of each monitor inhibit your race awareness? There is probably an inch at the edge of each monitor and obviously another inch on the one next to it.
I saw from a list of the TH2Go programs which it is compatible with, (Flight Sim 2004 etc) and they have drawn it so that the whole picture looks as if the edges don't exist which of course they must do.
Frame rates were the big thing i was worrying about. TCannon, what's your system specs?

My video card supports dual outputs, so i'm running two monitors for MSFS2004 right now, but i would like to get this so i can run three monitors and also have LFS capability

And now for the crazy idea...lol...i wonder if it's possible to run two video cards with two TH2G's for a total of 6 monitors...lol....don't know what you would put on 6 monitors...but it would be cool...lol.
Sounds and looks really tasty. Matrox themselves were asked about two TH2Gos working together and they made no promises. Might be a bit risky they implied. You know, putty melting in the windows, that sort of thing.
As I'm keen on Flight Sims too, there's two good reasons to jump on it but there's umpteen other titles compatible. They do suggest that the three monitors used for TH2Go should match, don't they? All three the same type, name...
Just use fresnel lenses instead.
#6 - Dumpy
The reason two TH2Gs isn't very feasible is the same reason using two video cards to run 3 monitors doesn't work: software doesn't support it. The software would have to be specially designed to draw to two completely separate interfaces, whereas the TH2G basically just tricks the software into thinking it's drawing to one wide device.
Excuse me what does a fresnel lens do?
This has already been talked about and triplehead2go was the best way of useing 3 monitors. There is actually 2-3 other topics on this as i was looking myself. Search funtion is great :P
What's the native connections on TH2Go DVI or VGA? I assume you can use an adaptor, i'm thinking of buying 2 x Analogue monitors to go with my DVI monitor i currently use.
Quote from Dumpy :the TH2G basically just tricks the software into thinking it's drawing to one wide device.

Software can do the same trick
Quote from Kegetys :Software can do the same trick

But then you need two pci-e cards

but i guess it depends on what's cheaper...the TH2G or a low end pci-e card. My current mobo doesn't support pci-e so i don't have a clue how much low end cards cost.
Quote from dave4002000 :i don't have a clue how much low end cards cost.

I paid 29 euros for my Club3D 6200LE
Quote from Kegetys :I paid 29 euros for my Club3D 6200LE

lol...ok then, it's cheaper to use the software
Quote from TCannon :I overlap my monitors to minimize the gap and after a short period, you forget about it. I think that this is one of the best advances in gaming visuals to come out in a long time. Here is a pic of my setup playing GTL with 3 19" LCD monitors. BTW, If you have some extra cash laying around, the TH2G will also work with 3 projectors for a seamless 18' x 6' wrap around screen!

TCannon, Thanks for letting us see your set up of three monitors. I hope to be copying that in the near future!!!

TRIPLEHEAD2Go??
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG