The online racing simulator
i have ati 9550 that have to be overclocked but it didnt change the performance , not a good choive for live for speed online racing simulator.
Quote from kamo2000 :Well i'm on ati x700 pro and cat 5.8 and it's same as usual..no fps drops...strange thingy going on here :/ i feel sorry for u guys...i hope it won't happen to me.
As for lfs settings..all maxed out with aa and aff...around 70-80 alone 40-50 during race and teh minimum i saw was about 22-25 with all cars on T1...my pc is gettin old...ok enough from me now.

5,8?? Are these a bit old? try 6.x then write
If it ain't broke..
I managed to get a black screen last night while racing online.
Pressed shift-F4 just as the race was restarting and the game switched to windowed mode ,but the window was completely black, sound kept playing though. When i repressed shift-F4 the whole screen went black.
The only way to solve this was clicking "X" while in windowed mode and restarting lfs.

Pc-specs : A64 3500+ ; AtiX1800XL ; 2gb ram

edit : using U20 patch when that happened
Quote from Galthar :5,8?? Are these a bit old? try 6.x then write

I have the 5.9 too,
Gives me 20 % performance +

( with high detail 1024 x 768 32bit highest around 50 fps )against 6.9 with 40 fps.

So why change ???

Ati 9600 256 mb
For 9x00 series cards, stick to old drivers because they are not fully supported with the 6.x drivers. Those cards are becoming old and outdated and won't be up to running the latest games anymore in the near future. Time for the X8x0 series cards.
no problems here with X1900 @ 1920x1200 over 100 fps here with patch U22, blank screen when switching out, usually reappears in 4 - 8 seconds, doesnt seem to be much of a problem for me

i hope this helps for those people who have X8xx and X1K series of cards

have a good day, cya
Black screen of death on Nvidia
I used to have vsync turned on (official U and test U's), lfs resolution was at 1280x960@100Hz while desktop was 1600x1200@85Hz. Was not possible to reproduce intentionally but happened occasionally, when least expected. I should also mention that I always use shift+f4 and shift+f9-12 for switching window and fullscreen.

After talking to Vic I figured I'd try without vsync for a while, but also changed desktop res to 1280x960@100Hz and I haven't had one single black screen since then, and it's been over two weeks now. Maybe I've just been lucky or it's vsync/res&Hz related.

Wxp sp 2
3800+ x2
Nvidia 7800GT 91.28

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG