The online racing simulator
Spinoff : ATI graphics - frame rates / black screens
i dont know, but anyhow i think i lost alot fps when upgrading from U10 to U20 i was always stable on around 50 fps now i go down sometimes to 22
not really sure if the patch caused that but my specs are the same with the same background apps and stuff.
installed this newer patch and although it fixed my laggy starts, i'm getting very low fps in race now anyone else getting the same?
in the german forum there are were a few people having low fps, they all had ati cards i think.
Quote from bLaCk VaMpIrE :in the german forum there are were a few people having low fps, they all had ati cards i think.

well i never use ATI cards coz they suck bigtime G-Force Rawks (mines a 6600 gt) and i didnt used to get low fps, usually get 100-110 fps but now i get 40-60
I have an ATi 9550 and i have the same problem (less fps then before test patch)
#6 - filur
Radeon 9550SE, no change in fps.
Quote from bLaCk VaMpIrE :in the german forum there are were a few people having low fps, they all had ati cards i think.

I know this is not the correct place to go into this, but maybe this problem is related to the new 6.8 catalist driver, which is released yesterday. I'm not using any test-patches but have the new driver installed now. I'll give LFS a try and report back to this forum soon.

[edit] While running a heavy background job, I noticed that FPS has gone down with about 50 or 60, from around 120 to around 75. Maybe the background job (I'm encoding a film to divx at the moment) makes LFS running slower then normaly, I don't believe so much FPS is taken by this proces. So it's likely that the new catalist (6.8) is causing this. I'll try it later today or tomorrow again, to see if this background job has anything to do with it.
[/edit]
Hi all you Radeon Low-FPS guys,

try Omega Drivers instead. Since I use them, I can get lotsa more fps from my R9800+P4 1.4+1GB RAM system.

But be careful: before you install Omega Drivers, uninstall the old original drivers completely. Best is to use a Tool like DriverCleaner for this.
Quote from St4Lk3R :Hi all you Radeon Low-FPS guys,

try Omega Drivers instead. Since I use them, I can get lotsa more fps from my R9800+P4 1.4+1GB RAM system.

But be careful: before you install Omega Drivers, uninstall the old original drivers completely. Best is to use a Tool like DriverCleaner for this.

i got these a while ago (even before i patched to U20) and my problem is there.
framerate drop - 50%
#10 - axus
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :i got these a while ago (even before i patched to U20) and my problem is there.
framerate drop - 50%

If you roll back to U19, does the problem disappear? Seems like there are a lot of people with it though, so maybe it is indeed a bug.
i have an ATI card too (x800xtpe agp) with 6.6 drivers and installed u20 patch and i didn't noticed any low fps than before, so the prob for ati card is maybe the last 6.8 drivers
for those with Low FPS it probably is something to do with the ATI Drivers. I use Nvidia and there is no change in FPS. culd be wrong.. but it looks common to ATI
It seems to be that way also, I have 2 Comparable computers with comparable Graphics cards, and the Nvidia one stays 60 FPS solid, whereas the ATi one using the same settings, replays, and the ATi one the FPS jumps very drastically, from 30, up to 70.
Quote from franky500 :for those with Low FPS it probably is something to do with the ATI Drivers. I use Nvidia and there is no change in FPS. culd be wrong.. but it looks common to ATI

Yeah I have had some really bad FPS issues since the U patches. I am not sure what it is, and have tried experimenting with different drivers, but nothing helps.

It seems I am affected most now when there is multiple cars and too much scenery. I have very minimal graphics settings and I still get some slow performance. A new issue I have noticed with U11 and above I think it was... is that my video will skip and studder sometimes. It says I'd be getting around 40 or even 60 frames per second, but I get these kind of jolts or skips. It is easily seen if you look at trees or passing objects on the sides of my screen, and they kind of 'freeze' in view for a very quick moment, and then zip past. Something performance wise is different about my LFS, I really can't make anything better... I used to be able to run with nice graphics settings, but now I can only make a few average 10 fps added on if I turn everything down. Yet I still get some studdering.

Other than this Scawen, the patches are great, and I am loving what has been done so far. Sorry about any requests, but us fans see you in full-patching-force, it just gets tempting
Quote from axus :If you roll back to U19, does the problem disappear? Seems like there are a lot of people with it though, so maybe it is indeed a bug.

with U10 its alright like all time dunno bout U19 since i directly got up to 20.
i remember on U10 autocross (copsnrobbers layout ^^) without any cars on it 50 fps stable wherever i drove...but as soon as i looked back (R) frame rate dropped to 15-20.
that problem is gone with U20...wierd.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :with U10 its alright like all time dunno bout U19 since i directly got up to 20.
i remember on U10 autocross (copsnrobbers layout ^^) without any cars on it 50 fps stable wherever i drove...but as soon as i looked back (R) frame rate dropped to 15-20.
that problem is gone with U20...wierd.

I was driving on cops and robbers server yesterday with U20. When I drove backward while looking back, the framerate dropped noticeably. That's a bit strange, because when ur driving forward, you not only see the forward view, but also the mirror. However, backwards driving does not have a mirror, but is still slower frame rate wise.

(using ATI 9600 PRO with drivers from December 2005)
#17 - avih
I second the FPS issue. I used to get 40-70 FPS and now (somewhere during the U patches) I get as low as 10 on the grid (definately used to be higher) and 20-30 at best during a race. I definately didn't change the graphics settings, and even more, I reduce everything to the minimum CPU/GPU load, and it's still very low.

I have Athlon-XP 2500+, Asus A7N8X-X, 1G RAM DDR 400, BFG Asylum (FX5600 Ultra 128M), on XP Pro SP1.

I always keep my PC clean without viruses/trojans/etc (and cpu and network activity on idle is practically zero)

Something strange: when I turn OFF hardware vertex shading, i'm actually getting higher FPS... :/
I got some "blackscreens" pretty often. Seems like LFS is fully working, but I just cannot see anything. Usually this happens when I switch fullscreen\window mode.
Patch is U20, ATI x1600 videocard, 6.7 Catalyst with CCC installed.
I get them also in windows Vista, but I assume that is due to incomplete implementations in DX10.
Quote from Fox 2 :I got some "blackscreens" pretty often. Seems like LFS is fully working, but I just cannot see anything. Usually this happens when I switch fullscreen\window mode.

I still get that too, on my dad's pc. Patch U20, ATI 9600 gfx and Catalyst 6.7

Edit: I also still get a LOT of bluescreens (say a couple every day) when I play on my dad's pc. I just can't figure out when it happens. Sometimes I play for hours and hours and nothing happens and another time I can't play 5 minutes without getting a bluescreen or LFS crash. I know my dad's pc is kinda dodgy (Packard Hell) but these crashes only occure in LFS (other games or normal pc usage it's fine).
Quote from Fox 2 :I got some "blackscreens" pretty often. Seems like LFS is fully working, but I just cannot see anything. Usually this happens when I switch fullscreen\window mode.

Scawen please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I have read here, this is a known bug in LFS at the moment. Only happens when you switch between fullscreen and window mode.

Same thing, but on ATI 9600pro and Omega 2.6.53 drivers, only turning off the game helps . It's not happening just in U20.....
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Scawen please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I have read here, this is a known bug in LFS at the moment. Only happens when you switch between fullscreen and window mode.

It was known in one of the earlier test patches and I was able to reproduce it, if LFS started up in full screen mode, then after going to window, it would not go back to full screen mode correctly. But if LFS started up in a window, then it could go full screen and windowed as many times as you like.

But a reason for this was found and it was fixed. I can't reproduce it now, and I don't remember hearing from many people that this was a problem. I guess it's quite rare and probably depends on which drivers you have?

Or do you know a special sequence of events that can reproduce this every time? I think this would be better discussed in the bug reports forum. If you want to start a thread over there and post a link here, that would be helpful. Thanks.
Quote from Scawen :If you told me that all U20 servers were laggy compared with previous versions then I'd look at it as an LFS problem. But you've only told me that one server is laggy. So it's nearly 100% certain that there is a problem with that server, and very unlikely to be a new LFS problem, specially seeing as the network code hasn't changed in any way.

Okay so probably a problem with their server. I wonder what would cause it.

I've checked their site and noticed this in perticular:
Quote :
Summary for Banshee:

So with the servers, does not clap yet now has sometimes different patches in run - events patch U - Racing 1 patch U19 and always the same " time out " Hmm, and I do not know what I should still do, time slowly becomes the Hawky comes again

Found in this thread (in german): http://d-r-t.net/sys/e107_plug ... um_viewtopic.php?725.last

Quote from Scawen :It was known in one of the earlier test patches and I was able to reproduce it, if LFS started up in full screen mode, then after going to window, it would not go back to full screen mode correctly. But if LFS started up in a window, then it could go full screen and windowed as many times as you like.

But a reason for this was found and it was fixed. I can't reproduce it now, and I don't remember hearing from many people that this was a problem. I guess it's quite rare and probably depends on which drivers you have?

Or do you know a special sequence of events that can reproduce this every time? I think this would be better discussed in the bug reports forum. If you want to start a thread over there and post a link here, that would be helpful. Thanks.

This happend to me on U19, haven't played enough of U20 to see if I could reproduce it. Basicly window/fullscreen/windowing several times while doing stuff in the background (like browsing).

Quote from DanneDA :
And 1 more thing, last night after I finished a race and went to windowed mode to browse the web to wait for the race to restart. While I was getting ready to enter the game again the LFS window turned black, I still had sound and all controls left, tried to go to full screen, problem still there. Went back to windowed mode and still black screen. I had to exit the game by pressing the Window exit button.
I do not know if this is related to anything in LFS or the test patches (U19 in this case), could as well be a problem with my computer, or simply another bug in Windows, just wanted to let you know that there could be some kind of problem when going from window to full screen while doing. other things with the computer.

Will do some testing to see if I can reproduce it.

I haven't seen anything on my laptop while doing similar things. Only happend on my desktop which is overclocked. Both computers are Intel CPU:s with Intel chipsets with nVidia graphics cards (6800 GS AGP and Go 7300).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG