The online racing simulator
Winning and statistics
(23 posts, started )
Winning and statistics
Its a long time i wanted to talk about statistics and victories.
I think there is one stat who miss.
Overall winning stats...
I explain :
When i look to stats, for example, FM failure is at the top of victories.
But he is also on the most laps driven, most distance driven.
To me it not reflect exactly the reality.
If you drive all the time and make a lot and a lot of laps, sure u have victories.
That doesnt mean ur the best cos u drive a lot.
For me, best drivers are those who are not in more distance driven or more laps done, but those who are in victories and not on other stats.
That mean that those guys when they drive, they win....
If i was workless, i could drive all the day ang get the top of victories stats.
Very easy
So, gentlemen, if ur in the top 50 of victories and not on other stas, that mean that u play well
nah, thats not true. so if i win 40 races a day against a guy that drives ~1:40 with xfg@bl1 im a good driver? stats dont mean anything. winning a race usually means ur at the good place in the good time :P those stats r only good for showing off, like look, i won 10 races today, and took 10 poles, u suck k thx bye.. i saw many racers leaving a server after they had seen the leader's time, sayin: ah, too fast for me, bye. and even the 10th in that race would beat him, but instead of being last, he goes to another server to beat some noobs. stats r worthless, and they dont show the reality, thats my point
Well thats a point of view.
I repsect it.
Discussions are made for that
FM Failure has the most laps, most victories and what not because he just does 5 lap oval races over and over and over again. Therefore he is good at that car/track (not that it's hard, although Turn 3 is actually impossible apparently), whilst people who play all of LFS might be a bit slower. Oh, and there automated server system bans anyone without FM in their name.

FM Failure is a stats failure. But it's the only glory he'll ever get imo
#5 - Nobo
And your only glory is the glory you get with your 5xxx Forum posts!illepall
Quote from Nobo :And your only glory is the glory you get with your 5xxx Forum posts!illepall

That's a poor statement to make to "The Tristan!"
#7 - Nobo
That was only to show that his statement is as poor as mine!
#8 - ORION
both might be poor, but tristan's is right
That may be the case, and I am happy with that, if that is what you think. But it doesn't change the fact that stats-chasers mean nothing, especially as ALL OF THEM use short Sauber oval races to acheive the status.

I never said I WASN'T short of glory
Quote from tristancliffe :FM Failure has the most laps, most victories and what not because he just does 5 lap ...bs,bs,bs... But it's the only glory he'll ever get imo

8 lappers, not 5 lappers. Funny thing: No racer I know personal gives something about the overall-races statistics. They are totally useless.

Nice, that´s that I´m thinking about YOU since I saw all that crap you posted here. Always thought TC must be a very poor guy, ugly, no real friend and stuff who only can be cool in "his" forum.

@BigDave2967: "The tristan"? LOL
Quote from Crazy Harry :

@BigDave2967: "The tristan"? LOL

Read my posts, you'll see how "The Tristan" came up . I'm not negative towards him, I'm positive .
Quote from BigDave2967 :Read my posts, you'll see how "The Tristan" came up . I'm not negative towards him, I'm positive .

I know. Can´t find anything positive at this ... person.
Spammer, Knowitall, "I have a racecar I have a racecar"-screamer, aso. Very poor character imo. Like you see in this thread. Why is it nesessary to insult Fail? Did you ever see a post from him saying "I´m the statistics leader and you are all below me"?
Quote from Crazy Harry :I know. Can´t find anything positive at this ... person.
Spammer, Knowitall, "I have a racecar I have a racecar"-screamer, aso. Very poor character imo. Like you see in this thread. Why is it nesessary to insult Fail? Did you ever see a post from him saying "I´m the statistics leader and you are all below me"?

Nope not at all.
And another useless discussion!! Watch Ur own stats and stop flaming against guys which chose their own way of racing!!!!

KINDERGARDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i/am not an FM player and he doesnt bann me,he banns only idiots and guys,who dont can read (he race only 8 laps)-nice greatings Mr.idiot!!!!
Woah some folk have slept with the wrong gender this morning!
Agree. The guy is called TC and he had to insult fail. Fact.

Quote: "FM Failure is a stats failure. But it's the only glory he'll ever get imo"
-
(Brainblaster666) DELETED by Brainblaster666
stats to me are important , and even if FM-Failure drives alot of oval , his stats dont lie

I find them useful to guage my performance and others. And if im honest i do like to get podium whenever i race

Lets not turn this into another anti-oval thread. Lets keep it nice please
Yes, Tristan totally sucks. I mean, apart that most of his 5000+ posts are actually on-topic, helpful and generally not spam at all, he's a complete slacker. In his almost five years of being here he has gained no community-sense at all and is always trying to shock people with his infuriating opinion.

All I see of you, Crazy Harry, is somehow revolving around the oval, either praising or defending it, or stating how hard it is to drive. Sorry if I'm doing your person injustice, but this is just my impression.

Maybe that's just me, but "FM Failure is a stats failure." seems more like criticism on the stats system, which is completely overthrown by the oval in every aspect. "But it's the only glory he'll ever get imo" could aswell be the truth, if all he keeps doing is going round and round on some oval server. It's not like you see him being active anywhere else, so the only way people know him is from his stats (or from racing oval themselves). Please note that I don't know him personally, and this is not meant negatively against him. I just say that Tristan's words might not be as wrong as you think, objectively seen.

I just hope this place never gets like RSC, where everybody has to double sugar wrap his opinion or else you have an almost guaranteed chance that someone takes offense at what you said. If you hate Tristan for his opinion so much, why not just put him on your ignore list and go on? I mean, his views on oval won't prevent you from going there, nor will they ever cause the oval to be unpopular.

Quote from poseidon88 :i/am not an FM player and he doesnt bann me,he banns only idiots and guys,who dont can read (he race only 8 laps)-nice greatings Mr.idiot!!!!

Nice spelling, dude. :rolleyes:
Join The Oval For A Free Win!!!

For Everyone participating in an 8-lapper: You will get +10 wins and twice as many laps and miles as elsewhere, since LFS Stats have been hacked. We don´t know for how long, so if u want it: Come and get it quick! It´s not a joke. U don´t need to be first. Actually all u have to do is try a start - no matter if the car is going forward after 3 seconds. So ... Tristan, JOIN and stop crying/typing. or is the oval too easy for u? or is it always somebody else, crashing u out?

BTW: RevengeR +1, stats are Fun, but PLEASE use them with caution

I used to get on TOP of some stats in some months, and i can tell u: It wasnt on purpose. I will reach 1111 wins soon, and i hope that my 1111th victory will be a quite weird/funny one (as most of my wins). Hope u all join me when i have like 1109 wins, to enjoy the showillepallillepallillepall

------ oh and: Who´s Failure? ------

------ oh and: To the devs: It is a joke, don´t ban me please thx for the game

Edit: If u ban oval from the stats, u have to ban Blackwood too - for it´s advantage as being made popular in the demo. U just can´t compare Blackwood to the rest of the tracks. And ban Drags from the win stats (or are they already excluded?) and add a way to see how LONG some1 has been online in LFS (just the time) - so I can even get on TOP while being AFK ... would be cool, cause it´s not about a certain car&track ... whatever, i shut up
Well i think this statistics @ lfsworld is a proof for the passion Failure has got for the oval. Have you seen another server running this combo 24/7? I dont, which also shows that we are serious on that. Stats comes along with the time he spends there and why on earth is it so wrong to concentrate on something instead of jumping around on servers everyday. I think no matter how many laps we would set up, it would be a joke for you guys anyway. 8 laps, thats takes around 4-5 minutes and thats normal and a average time compared to other servers. Anyway, this thread is so much useless because its just another try to have a go on us. Its not about the statistic system or whatever. And personally, i think to have more miles driven is much better then having a high post count in this or any other forum.
zzZZzzzzzzZZzz.....

*yawns*

-.-

Winning and statistics
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG