The online racing simulator
Tuning ???
(25 posts, started )
#1 - DM05
Tuning ???
Hey ya'll... :P

Been drifting for a while now... and I like it

But one thing i can't help thinking about... in D1 the cars have all about 300 hp and up... and the best cars for drifting in LFS S2, would be XRT and that porsche looking thingy :P

but how about the ability to tune them... you know... bigger turbos and stuff like that ??

I think a similiar game would be Red Line Street Racing... but there's no realism... but here you can buy stuff to really get your ride tuned... not just stock parts...

DM05
Been suggested many times, possible that this will be implented, but by no ways definitve.

+1, but I think other things are more important, like all physics, rain etc.
Quote from DanneDA :Been suggested many times, possible that this will be implented, but by no ways definitve.

+1, but I think other things are more important, like all physics, rain etc.

very true...maybe just have a "dyno" where we can tune turbo psi and A/F ratios...and if its done badly, a blown motor
Please no. It won't add anything - it'll just be 'the guy with the fastest car wins'. Then we all ask for his engine setup, and it's all equal again, just 0.5 seconds faster. All of this will take a year or two to perfect, with no actual gain.

Just be happy with the cars we have now, and if you want a quicker one drive a quicker one. Simple.

When I beat Kev I know it's because I'm quicker in that car/track, not because my car is more 1337 than his!
Didn't Victor already answer this ages ago and said there wont be any `tuning` ?

As Tristan said it's a waste of time, everyone will use the same and it will make it hard for new people. They may think they are worse than they actually are and get fed up of the game.

What matters to me is good, close and equal racing. So that if I'm beat or I beat someone else I know I/they were the better driver not because they had some fancy super duper bits I couldn't `afford`.

Keiran
I agree with Tristan.

We want NO tuning, just setup.
well, the tuning issue can be solved very easily if someone's thinking of implementing the feature..

variable turbo- and gas-pressure for instance, could be enabled/disabled on server-level, right?

or if you want to take it further, you could have adjustable torque curves, so that people can adjust it to their liking?

just a couple of suggestions..
Generally engine tuning is not quite like suspension tuning. It is much simpler in terms of the result and not as heavily dependent on personal preference. There will be a specific curve that is the best and that is the one everyone will use
if you have engine tuning it would be more like nfsu, then you would have to have a credit system to buy stuff, then like people have said its hard to set it all up ect ect

good in theory its a great idea, but its not sim kinda stuff
Quote from DM05 :Hey ya'll... :P

But one thing i can't help thinking about... in D1 the cars have all about 300 hp and up... and the best cars for drifting in LFS S2, would be XRT and that porsche looking thingy :P

but how about the ability to tune them... you know... bigger turbos and stuff like that ??

I think a similiar game would be Red Line Street Racing... but there's no realism... but here you can buy stuff to really get your ride tuned... not just stock parts...

DM05

I vote to tune in his ban.

FFS how many times do we have to read these "suggestions" from the drifters, theres a search button! USE IT! And no, we dont want tuning, thats why you have nfs, so you can drift and tune to your hearts content. This is a racing sim, not a drifting sim.
Quote from Forbin :Generally engine tuning is not quite like suspension tuning. It is much simpler in terms of the result and not as heavily dependent on personal preference. There will be a specific curve that is the best and that is the one everyone will use

I would have to disagree with that, although technically there could be a specific setting that is deemed optimal dosent neccesarilly mean it is truly the best. I don't think there is anything that can be considered the best in a racing enviroment.

Example is you could have someone who makes a setup with a smaller turbo as a result hes especially faster in certain areas (Corner exit maybe). That same car would prob suffer on the straights. (vague example) Also have to consider what effect this has on the tires and Fuel consumption.
:sleep1: Yay, another one on this topic

Search function + Suggested Improvements thread = No need to ask about frickin' tuning in a new thread again. Bump an old one! Recycling's good for the planet.

Can someone lock this thread please? Ta
Quote from DM05 :Hey ya'll... :P

DM05

Play Need For Speed
Quote from RMachucaA :I vote to tune in his ban.

FFS how many times do we have to read these "suggestions" from the drifters, theres a search button! USE IT! And no, we dont want tuning, thats why you have nfs, so you can drift and tune to your hearts content. This is a racing sim, not a drifting sim.

sorry if this is going to shock you, but it's as much a drifting sim as a racing sim..
i seem to remember making a post in here but now its gone

RMachucaA the drifters pay the same amount of money for S2 as u do so i dont see why they cant make suggestions, ppl like u will knock anything down because it a drifter posted it, does it make u feel big?
Quote from masternick :i seem to remember making a post in here but now its gone

RMachucaA the drifters pay the same amount of money for S2 as u do so i dont see why they cant make suggestions, ppl like u will knock anything down because it a drifter posted it, does it make u feel big?

+1

i think its a good idea, but maybe when S2 has alot more players and they can devlop a credit system or something, yer they do pay the same so they should have the right to make suggestions,

i dont care if he's a drifter
The suggestion is equally stupid comnig from a drifter or a racer or a ricer.

I just don't understand how people can keep making suggestions, without thinking first... Was it suggested before?

When you're in school, and somebody asks something, they get an answer, you weren't paying attention, and you ask the same thing again... Remember how they all laughed at you?

-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I think that if there ever was a credit system, which I REALLY hope there wont be, then hopefully hosts will be able to disable it.
Stupid people would quit their day job, race a lot, and after two months they come ask when they get their millionairs payment payed out.
Quote from masternick :i seem to remember making a post in here but now its gone

I have reached the edge of sanity, do you know how many times this same "suggestion" has been posted before?

And curiosly, its all the drifters that lack the capacity to think of searching beforehand, hence my like of patience with your kind.

I have nothing against drifters, but somehow they always end up reposting the same crap.
I respectfully repeat my request for a thread lock. There are enough threads on this topic already.
And I'm with RM, please everyone, for cryin' out loud, use the bloody search function!
Quote from RMachucaA :

And curiosly, its all the drifters that lack the capacity to think of searching beforehand, hence my like of patience with your kind.

I have nothing against drifters, but somehow they always end up reposting the same crap.

it seems u have something against drifters after what u just posted
#23 - Jakg
Quote from masternick :it seems u have something against drifters after what u just posted

no, it's just that if you can't drift with the power you have, yet others can, don't you think tuning (which i HATE - i couldn't care if a drifter, oval racer, dragger or "The Tristan" suggested it, i will still say that it brings nothing to the game) is pointless?

(EDIT - Yes i do have something against drifters, some (NOT all! Just a few who take F&F - Tokyo Slideabout as more realistic than the Drift Bible) of them have a REALLY bad attitude)

Oh and to the original poster - if you need more power drive the FZ5, if that isn't enough, then tough, try driving something different, the LX6 is quite... handy
well i'm a drifter and i'm against tuning. It wouldn't really matter either because everyone would use the best parts in the game and thus all cars would be equal anyway. But I do like the idea of a dyno tune in LFS. That's a good idea. Just keep the stock internals.
Quote from cloudstrife676 :well i'm a drifter and i'm against tuning ... everyone would use the best parts in the game and thus all cars would be equal anyway. But I do like the idea of a dyno tune in LFS. That's a good idea.

There's a bloke with his head on straight :up:

Tuning ???
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG