The online racing simulator
Raceabout Cockpit
(29 posts, started )
#1 - Lible
Raceabout Cockpit
I love how streamline the real raceabout's interior is..wish we could have it in lfs..
True. Also, the specs in LFS are wrong, if we are ment to have the 2005 RAC.

Im not fussed, i used to like the RAC, but the constant spinning when entering corners has tunred me away, as this is one of the only cars i cannot handle, and its only a small engine,

Cheers
IMO the RAs cockpit is the best looking cockpit of all the cars in LFS...
#5 - P1lot
It's a bit hard to see the gear change light come on, and the dials are a bit hard to read. But it looks like a nice cockpit

Is it as hard to see behind you in the real car? Looking back is useless in the cockpit with the default location.
#6 - vpr01
The RA sucks. It handles like its tyres are coated in oil constantly. The cockpit is also ugly as sin.

And another point, interiors can be custom made for LFS, just like skins.
#7 - Woz
Quote from vpr01 :The RA sucks. It handles like its tyres are coated in oil constantly. The cockpit is also ugly as sin.

And another point, interiors can be custom made for LFS, just like skins.

Bob's setups....
#8 - Tege
@Lible

The RA guys know what version is in LFS... maybe the guy who makes the website doesn't.

I've edited the textures to look like the '05 cockpit to test how it looks... actually quite easy to do.

@DodgeRacer

Hmm... to me it looks like to one in the real car and I've seen the car many many times.

@Marsden1002

I've explained this many times but I can do it once more. The engine in LFS is the new engine which will be in RA05. For LFS that engine was just "tuned" by me. I took the peak values from a engine tuners site that sell tuning chips for that engine. 250hp comes from talks with the RA guys and from a study that I made. We decided that 250hp would be good for the car. The values on the RA website are just from a another tuner company and they probably be the ones that will be in the real car.

About getting RA05 in LFS... I can't say for sure because I don't decide what cars are in LFS and what aren't. I've talked about it with the devs and probably it will be in LFS some day.

@P1lot

Actually it's kinda hard to read the gauges in the real car too. The 05 car fixed that but when driving on the track you don't really need them.

@vpr01

It seems that the RA is affected most from the problems in the tyre physics. It's too bad but we'll need to wait for the patch to fix the problems.
#9 - sam93
Quote from P1lot :It's a bit hard to see the gear change light come on, and the dials are a bit hard to read. But it looks like a nice cockpit

Is it as hard to see behind you in the real car? Looking back is useless in the cockpit with the default location.

You shouldn't use the gear change light, you should know when to change gear

sam.
Quote from sam93 :You shouldn't use the gear change light, you should know when to change gear

sam.

he never said he actually use's the shift light, he just said it is hard to see. And he is right, its hard to see it and it is hard to read the dials.
Nice necropost
sam93 (Level 10 Mage) casts "Resurrect" ...

... for some reason
#13 - Davo
Nice avatar!
Quote from Tege :It seems that the RA is affected most from the problems in the tyre physics. It's too bad but we'll need to wait for the patch to fix the problems.

Done, still undriveable
The RAC DOESN'T suck, it just takes some skill to drive it, the RAC, along with the FZ5, are 2 of the most satisfying cars to drive in LFS, they just take a little bit of finesse to drive them, they don't flatter you like the various yawnfest combo's most public servers run.

Check out some of the replays from the RSSC2, and see just how well the RAC (and FZ5) drives in the right hands
Quote from sam93 :You shouldn't use the gear change light, you should know when to change gear

sam.

Err, thanks for pointing this out from a post I made in 2005! :doh:
Call me a rebel, but I use the shift light all the time, I have an external one now
Quote from squidhead :Done, still undriveable

The RAC isn't undrivable, in fact it is one of the easiest and most satisfying cars in LFS to drive. Being a road car you just have to drive it like a road car, gradually finding better lines and finding more speed, if you do this and don't push too hard you'll find a very nice car which suffers if anything from to much oversteer. If you try to go in too hard and don't gradually get used to it you'll just look like a noob somehow managing to be completely unable to predict lift off oversteer despite the fact you go off every lap.
the RAC is an awesomecar to watch and drive.
i can drive it on the limit without big problems even with WR sets (which are usually harder to handle).
i drive with mouse btw.

sam.

With current LFS sounds this is simply impossible. In the last two days I've done some practise in the FZ50 and god knows how many times I forgot to change from 5th to 6th simply because I forgot to concentrate on the shift light. And I constantly do this in the FO8, the only way to know when to shift from 4th to 5th to 6th is the shiftlight. The sound on high revs tells nothing in LFS about shifting moments. I admit that the sound gives decent presentation of what the engine does when you start accelerating out of corners but other than that the sound needs a major reworking.

Imho, the some of the road cars should have a shift light that tells that you should change to higher gear because otherwise you may damage the engine - not because the higher gear is faster .

And it is 2007 already. This thread was made in 2005. Do you still expect the '05 model to appear?
#20 - Gunn
Quote from Tege :
It seems that the RA is affected most from the problems in the tyre physics. It's too bad but we'll need to wait for the patch to fix the problems.

I don't believe that the problem is with the tyres. The poor handling of the RA seems to be far too severe for just the tyres to be at fault. Other cars in LFS can be pushed quite hard before they lose the rear end. The RA seems to spit the dummy when not being pushed very hard at all. The tyres don't seem to be under too much load before the RA decides it's time to misbehave. The cockpit is nice but the gauges are useless.

I can keep it on the black bit and make respectable times with the RA, but it is a most annoying car to race.

If fish had wheels, this is what they would be like to drive.
Quote from Gunn :I don't believe that the problem is with the tyres. The poor handling of the RA seems to be far too severe for just the tyres to be at fault. Other cars in LFS can be pushed quite hard before they lose the rear end. The RA seems to spit the dummy when not being pushed very hard at all. The tyres don't seem to be under too much load before the RA decides it's time to misbehave. The cockpit is nice but the gauges are useless.

I can keep it on the black bit and make respectable times with the RA, but it is a most annoying car to race.

If fish had wheels, this is what they would be like to drive.

the car is pretty easy to drive with the right setup.
i typically run a little toe in on the rear and a little toe out on the front to counteract the understeer that the toe in induces.
it has no rear sway bar, so that isnt causing the problems
its light weight, so excess weight over the rear isnt an issue.
id say that (like the mrt) it simply needs to be tamed with the right setups
#23 - Gunn
Quote from Zebediah_S2 :the car is pretty easy to drive with the right setup.
i typically run a little toe in on the rear and a little toe out on the front to counteract the understeer that the toe in induces.
it has no rear sway bar, so that isnt causing the problems
its light weight, so excess weight over the rear isnt an issue.
id say that (like the mrt) it simply needs to be tamed with the right setups

It is a poor handling car. End of story. In LFS you can just about set up any car to drive friendly. Even so, the RA is as sluggish and boring using a safe set as it is when on the edge. It's a dud.
Quote from Gunn :It is a poor handling car. End of story. In LFS you can just about set up any car to drive friendly. Even so, the RA is as sluggish and boring using a safe set as it is when on the edge. It's a dud.

In YOUR opinion

Ask a few of the top RAC drivers in the RSSC, I am sure they would tell a different story
#25 - Gunn
Quote from danowat :In YOUR opinion

Well, I'm not in the habit of giving other people's opinions

A dud.

Raceabout Cockpit
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG