The online racing simulator
quiet mainpage
(9 posts, started )
quiet mainpage
Ive been watching for updates sence the BMW. Has the guys taken a break? or are they planning something huge? Or did i just miss the posts on the forums

Kris
It isn't uncommon that the devs will be quiet for a while when they are busy. Back then, many people didn't quite understand that, and many people were very impatient for even a months wait

But the devs would say something if they are taking a break. They do give us a headsup when they take breaks. But we haven't heard of one recently... so just wait and see what comes up... it's more exciting that way when something new comes out when you least expect it

EDIT: Oh and the mainpage has never really been a "diary" for the developers. Only important news posts and updates are posted there. If we were awaiting sneak peaks for a future version (like S3), then it becomes sort of a developer diary.
Test patches are not advertised (as it were) on the main site, so if you check the patch testing forum you'll see more activity there. There have been many test patches since patch U, and there will be more before patch V - which will be the next announcement on the main site, when it is ready.

I have noticed the news on the website always used to be a lot more frequent (was reading through the archive) but I noticed that a "major" patch used to contain little more improvements than a handful of test patches. So in other words, patches are less frequent, but a lot more has changed when we get them. So the dev's working rate is probably more or less consistent.
Finaly the V-patch thread/moan/whatever/thingy is here! I was expecting it

It's been a while since the last test patch (U20), so I think it means that either Devs are working on something big or Scawen hasn't just got the Vista support to work yet, or both. Dunno, but we looove surprises and to speculate
Well Scawen said he wants patch V ready sometime after mid October, so I guess the next main page update will be late October or early November.
Does anyone know what the patch V will contain?
Basically this and a bit more, like an automatic update system for example.
Details are slight atm. I'd guess better Vista support, inter-license compatibility and auto-patching, plus anything they haven't told us.

Dammit Android.
It will contain everything you can read in this post here and you can already get by downloading U20 :

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=162693#post162693

After you've read that you can see here a few fixes and improvements for U21 :

HLVC : NEXT lap is now not invalidated by driving the wrong way

New strings for buttons : end race, spectate, join (were shared)
New string "play" instead of "OK" button in replay select screen
S2 users can now see and join S1 hosts in List of Games screen
S1 users can now use the automatic skin download system

FIX : When REV config replay was selected, REV was not displayed
FIX : When there were no SPR replays, MPR vanished from ALL view
FIX : Rare problem causing your car to vanish on other computers
FIX : Could not view user names in replay if MP mode was Demo
FIX : Bug in camera position height part of sound calculation

UNFINISHED : Sound should now work correctly on Windows Vista
UNFINISHED : Auto patcher (notifies user of updates and install on request)

Plus some other small things, I don't know what yet but I need to finish the unfinished things first. You can read the U20 thread if you want to know many of the relevant things that may or may not be in it.

V is planned as a compatible patch, the final compatible patch to leave a good version while we get on with some incompatible things.

quiet mainpage
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG