The online racing simulator
Logo Design Competition With Prizes
(112 posts, started )
Franky could still have his logo improved, but not changed completely. I hope he didn't think his logo should 'never' change. If the general style of the logo is retained, it is still recognizable....

Think of it like Intel's redesign or something. Similar, only it has a newer edge to it.
Quote from B11TME :Im really starting to like the work being put out now...So far there is 2 really good ones i like.

You are supposed to tell me what you like at my sketches, and what you don't like
Otherwise I can't really go on

But dunno if those sketches re not enough to give you an idea of the final look, specially as there are no colors in there.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from ORION :You are supposed to tell me what you like at my sketches, and what you don't like
Otherwise I can't really go on

But dunno if those sketches re not enough to give you an idea of the final look, specially as there are no colors in there.

You are right...Its hard to tell what they would look like in color and finished but there is a few of them i liked but i think what tweak said is right about it not having to be a logo because ITEK is a simple word but i know nothing about design or anything like that but there was a logo i liked that has been done.
Quote from Tweaker :Franky could still have his logo improved, but not changed completely. I hope he didn't think his logo should 'never' change. If the general style of the logo is retained, it is still recognizable....

Think of it like Intel's redesign or something. Similar, only it has a newer edge to it.

I still want to change it at some point,When there is a big overhaul of the website next perhaps.

Thanks for the rough design and Advice guys,

Best of luck with the Itek Logo.

Oh BTW Tweaker. i forgot you had a server with me lol. Maybe you could re-sell it if u win LOL
Keep the work comming everyone....Its very close at the moment
What is it worth the server price?
1st prize is worth about 30 uk pounds
Not that I am entering, but I think you should only allow one entry per person in the terms of fairness.

Dan,
hmm, to a degree i can understand what your saying Dan, however if you say to each person pick one of them, with people like Orion who has quite a few varied designs your actually stopping Itek from being able to pick one of those designs, and surely the key thing here is that Itek get the logo they like best rather than the logo they like best that the designer thought was their best, right?

Sure if you design a dozen you've got a better chance of being picked, but i guess there lies the fuel to keep you going to keep making good suggestions and better your chances, the not so great designs are unlikely to be picked and only the good ones would stand out so i'd say its for the better of everyone that theres more than 1 design per person, IMO anyway.
Thats the thing though, those with more time of their hands are unfairly advantaged.

I would say that you can design as many as you like, but should only really be allowed to enter one design.

Heck, it aint my compo, so I'll mind my own business, that said, I have done a little logo that I will post shortly

Dan,
here's one more from me

NOTE: I'm not here for the competition (well, I wouldn't mind a server for a while ) but to see what I can do with logo design, that's all
Attached images
ITEK logo02.jpg
Not great, just a quick 30 min jobbie, you get the idea anyways

Dan,
Attached images
Image1.jpg
this one is made with a program called AAA Logo
Attached images
gh2j.png
Quote from danowat :Not that I am entering, but I think you should only allow one entry per person in the terms of fairness.

Dan,

Its in ITEK's interest to get the best possable logo for the team and if that means some one trying 100 times to get it then so be it...If i limit each person so 1 logo then i might not get the results i want. Keep the work comming im glad to see a good few designs now.
Fair play matey, its your compo after all

Dan,
I think Tweaker has this in the bag, I will give it a go though. Seriously if tweakers designs don't win then i will lose faith in all humanity

EDIT: ok i have finished my design, i have put 4 different colour schemes together so that theres a selection.

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9797/itek1qs4.jpg
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/4935/itek2es6.jpg
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/2659/itek3sg1.jpg
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6269/itek4oo1.jpg
Some really nice work starting to come out now
Quote from B11TME :
Quote from danowat :Not that I am entering, but I think you should only allow one entry per person in the terms of fairness.

Dan,

Its in ITEK's interest to get the best possable logo for the team and if that means some one trying 100 times to get it then so be it...If i limit each person so 1 logo then i might not get the results i want. Keep the work comming im glad to see a good few designs now.

Good call because one logo is never enough when it comes to choosing someone's logo identity. People who have lots of ideas should collaborate and see what the client wants in order to let them choose their favorite. It doesn't matter how many people enter, or how many entries there are from one person, there will always be an idea that is best of all the ideas. You wouldn't want to be stuck with 1 idea from 1 person, when you know some creative minds can come up more than one idea, so there would be lots to choose from.

If we were only allowed one entry, then Quicksilver's logos would be final, and I dunno... using a Sea Doo font.... he'd be SOL
Yea limiting the amount of logos defeats the whole idea of the comp. More the better...And so far i have seen some good ones and i would like to say i have tried a few on a new possable skin design....I might have a final skin done over the weekend so i will post a render of the skin to mebe help designs.
Don't worry I checked i could use that font, i bought it in a selection of 4200 fonts and checked the copyright on them all, basically the amount i payed is the only cost and then you can use them on whatever you like.

Thats rule 1, check the copyright on anything you use.
Nah it isn't about the copyright (that is a freeware font), it's that it is an overused font
Comon chaps...Must be more designs out there :P
My first real entry.
Attached images
itek.png
Anymore designs commin?

Logo Design Competition With Prizes
(112 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG