Logo Design Competition With Prizes
(112 posts, started )
As most of you all know now we struck a deal with 500server.com and they are now ITEK's sponsor and thanks to 500servers we are able to put a prize up for these competitions.

Here is the challenges

Challenge 1:

Design a Logo for ITEK Racing Teams skin....This logo will then be used to design the new ITEK skins for 2007.

The Prizes

1st Prize: 23 slot server + 20 slot teamspeak server for 2 months
2nd Prize: 23 slot server for 1 month
3rd Prize: 11 slot server for 1 month
4th Prize: 20 slot teamspeak server for 1 month

End date has now been changed to 10th October
That should attract some designs for sure
hehe hope so..
I'd do this, but I'd rather have a cash prize than a server prize

(Team already has a server with 500)
Sadly we cant afford to give out a cash prize or we would not be offering this You could do it anyway just to show you could win it
#7 - ORION
I wouldnt change the 500 logo tbh

For ITEK you should give some more info about the "style" of the team. Also, you want some red/silver/black/white thing I guess, so it makes sense to say this aswell, unless you want a pink-greenish logo
Quote from ORION :I wouldnt change the 500 logo tbh

For ITEK you should give some more info about the "style" of the team. Also, you want some red/silver/black/white thing I guess, so it makes sense to say this aswell, unless you want a pink-greenish logo

Well the logo does not have to be the same color as the colors we use at the moment because if the logo is right then we will be changing the skin to suit the logo so we will be building the skin around the logo instead of the other way around like we tried in the past. We are just after a modern looking logo that does not look cartoony....

I WIN!
Attached images
itek.PNG
Quote from Sternendaal :

I WIN!

U da man....Looks like that took some time there. But its not over till the fat lady sings eh
Quote from B11TME :U da man....Looks like that took some time there. But its not over till the fat lady sings eh

That logo costed me alot of blood,sweat and tears.
Cost me alot of tears :P
interesting, i usually have uber weird, insane, silly, crazy ideas. Might have a go at this if i have time.

500 logo seems fine but you could if you wanted do:

Was just thinking what if the 500 logo was made from servers stacked on top of each other. You could model a server (simple rectanle) in 3d stack loads of serves up at certain angles so that they make up the 500 and then render it off at some good angle, make it nice a jaggerdy and then throw some effects on it in photoshop and whollaaa.... no? ok... ill go back to my crazyworld inside my crazy head then!!! illepall

*madman vanishes*
When you say the 500 Servers logo i think you are all thinking that we mean the Big Banner. whereas the actual logo is attached to this post and is what i am looking to change.

All ideas are welcome. If you think the logo is fine.. Great Will simply offer better or more prizes for the Itek one if thats the case.
Attached images
logo2.png
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
ITEK logo needs a change, definitely, but the 500 logo... hmmm... yes and no.

Right now your logo is more like a banner style and not exactly a logo that would (or could) be used in many places. Because the only drawback is that you have the long tail off to the right and it only looks good if you abruptly cut it off with a square box like you have there, and on the site. It is decent design considering there are numbers in the logo (500), and using numbers isn't always easy. But because of that long line on the right, it can be pretty hard to put it on other forms of media.

In order to do some logo competition, you have to give some people more insight on what you might like to see. Just leaving it up to some people to get creative will not always give you the best and most desired results. I'd suggest mention any ideas (that you couldn't make yourself) you might have had for the 500 Servers logo, and even the ITEK logo.

Example:

A 15 minute job could look like this, but I am sure you want something different
Attached images
500_Servers_logo_001.jpg
I see what you mean. Ill have to do a bit of brainstorming and then put the ideas out there. Cheers Tweaker
Quote from Tweaker :ITEK logo needs a change, definitely, but the 500 logo... hmmm... yes and no.

Right now your logo is more like a banner style and not exactly a logo that would (or could) be used in many places. Because the only drawback is that you have the long tail off to the right and it only looks good if you abruptly cut it off with a square box like you have there, and on the site. It is decent design considering there are numbers in the logo (500), and using numbers isn't always easy. But because of that long line on the right, it can be pretty hard to put it on other forms of media.

In order to do some logo competition, you have to give some people more insight on what you might like to see. Just leaving it up to some people to get creative will not always give you the best and most desired results. I'd suggest mention any ideas (that you couldn't make yourself) you might have had for the 500 Servers logo, and even the ITEK logo.

Some really good points there m8....ITEK has been together almost 1 year now and in this time we have tried to get something to work as a logo and the only things we get are logo that look like they are stickers and came out of a cereal box. The main reason for this problem is they have always been within a box or a circle etc.....I dont think a logo works well like that with us. So i am stuck for ideas for a logo so i am unsure on what i want myself apart from it not to look cartoony and for it not to be in a circle etc. If i had to pick colors i did want for the logo it would have to be black, red, silver. I am hoping to have a possable new design for ITEK skins within a day or 2 depending on how busy my good friend is but if it works out the way i hope then i will show a screenshot of the skin so who ever is interested can get a better idea, But like i said im not 100% sure if its going to work out so i hope i give enough info. And if there is any questions then just ask....And thanks for the help tweaker
My Attempts
Here are a few of my attempts. Not happy with any of them yet but gives you an idea
Attached images
itek2.jpg
itek3.jpg
itek5.jpg
itek6.jpg
500 servers :P Could use some better tires and also a cooler checkered flag, but U get the main idea
Attached images
500 servers.png
i (very) rough idea i had. using a brake disc. i need to add a calliper, and redo the backgroung (did it quick for an example.)

EDIT: updated it a bit. advice needed, should i add a calliper?
P.S., nice 500 servers logo, i like
Attached images
ITEK final.jpg
:yummy:
Attached images
itekcreamcookies.jpg
LOL Nice to see some results starting to come back now.....Thanks for that one Bo looks great lol. Keep up the work guys
Quote from Captain Slow :i (very) rough idea i had. using a brake disc. i need to add a calliper, and redo the backgroung (did it quick for an example.)

EDIT: updated it a bit. advice needed, should i add a calliper?
P.S., nice 500 servers logo, i like

Its a nice idea that but it would not go well on the side of a car skin...Keep up the work

(112 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG