The online racing simulator
Blackwood in XFG
(13 posts, started )
#1 - Thoma
Blackwood in XFG
Hey, First post here. Going to get S2 when I get paid this week or next week.

Currently playing using the keyboard stabalised. Using a setup I found on here (sorry cant remember the name of the person who made it but it isnt a WR set )

My fastest Laptime is only a 1:38.86 with splits of 32ish and 1.08ish.

I know Im slower through the first sector and the last 's-bend' before the line. T1 I cant seem to get it right although im getting better. I completly miss the apex half the time but still get round slower. Last s-bend I get lots of oversteer going round and this is slowing me down aswell.

Rest of the corners are a 3rd gear sometimes shifting into 2nd gear jobbie.

Is the fact I'm not actually using a wheel making me slower round these specific bits as I am not going to be as smooth with the keyboard as corrections are harder to make? If So I am going to buy a wheel when I get paid anyway. Although I think The person who made the setup was getting similar laptimes although a few seconds faster. Not totally sure though.

Cheers
#2 - Jakg
Quote from Thoma :Hey, First post here. Going to get S2 when I get paid this week or next week.

Currently playing using the keyboard stabalised. Using a setup I found on here (sorry cant remember the name of the person who made it but it isnt a WR set )

My fastest Laptime is only a 1:38.86 with splits of 32ish and 1.08ish.

I know Im slower through the first sector and the last 's-bend' before the line. T1 I cant seem to get it right although im getting better. I completly miss the apex half the time but still get round slower. Last s-bend I get lots of oversteer going round and this is slowing me down aswell.

Rest of the corners are a 3rd gear sometimes shifting into 2nd gear jobbie.

Is the fact I'm not actually using a wheel making me slower round these specific bits as I am not going to be as smooth with the keyboard as corrections are harder to make? If So I am going to buy a wheel when I get paid anyway. Although I think The person who made the setup was getting similar laptimes although a few seconds faster. Not totally sure though.

Cheers

a replay tells 1,000 words, post one and it will be easy to see what's wrong!
#3 - Thoma
Quote from Jakg :a replay tells 1,000 words, post one and it will be easy to see what's wrong!

My Lap was on lap 15 though... Does that matter? I'll try and hotlap another one Brb.
#4 - mr_x
try using the mouse instead of the keyboard, you'll find steering alot easier/smoother once you get used to it. But I'd recommend a wheel for definate! although the mousers out there might think differently :P
#5 - Thoma
Well here's my hotlap including my fastest time. But its still at lap 15. Not sure how to change that sorry, couldnt edit it in movie maker because of the file...

-Edit- Have tried the mouse but that was with the RWD and found it too twitchy...

Will probably be better when I buy a wheel. I just dont want to be crap and spend the money on S2 if I am!
Attached files
LFS HOTLAP.rar - 240 KB - 117 views
#6 - Dumpy
Hey, take it from me, you can be a crap driver and still have loads of fun!!

buy a wheel buy a wheel buy a wheel buy a wheel buy a wheel buy a wheel buy a wheel buy a wheel buy a wheel buy a wheel buy a wheel buy a wheel buy a wheel buy a wheelbuy a wheel buy a wheel buy a wheel buy a wheel
Quote from Thoma :Well here's my hotlap including my fastest time. But its still at lap 15. Not sure how to change that sorry, couldnt edit it in movie maker because of the file...

-Edit- Have tried the mouse but that was with the RWD and found it too twitchy...

Will probably be better when I buy a wheel. I just dont want to be crap and spend the money on S2 if I am!

well, im a mouse driver and i think its way better than kb (of course every1 what he wants).
ur lap...main problems:
ur in every corner 1 gear too low, what means u take the 1st corner in the first gear but u should take it in the second.
second..ur bout 10 kmh to slow in the corners (sometimes even more) and that takes loads of time.
and the last is the line, u take the most corners too early.
well talking is 1 thing lol.
although im not really good at this combo i did a hotlap (0,5 sec off from my pb ) and heres the replay(lap 2 if i remember right).
also if u want u can try this setup, its a modified version of PartyBoyU's wr set.
Attached files
[RCG]Boosted_BL1_XFG_13407.spr - 96.9 KB - 195 views
XF GTI_Boosted_BL1.set - 132 B - 190 views
#8 - Thoma
Cheers for all the advice people.

Just came back on here and I can see what you mean now. During my time practising I can run consistant 1.39s and 1.38s Will go back to the drawing board so to speak.

So, next I shall go back and try to keep it a gear higher, keep it faster (That should come from the gear I should think) and take the corners later which would give me more time on the gas and get closer before braking!

Cheers, exactly the kinda advice i needed

-Edit- Ta for the setup and replay. Watching it now.
Quote from Thoma :So, next I shall go back and try to keep it a gear higher, keep it faster (That should come from the gear I should think) and take the corners later which would give me more time on the gas and get closer before braking!

exactly
Hmmm. I can see it working. But I can still see myself going slow. Im still running 1:38s and at the first split im a second behind you and at the 2nd split im about 2-3 seconds slower... Although I think I worked it out. Its the oversteer/understeer I'm getting aswell. I was keeping it in 3rd gear and going round at 70mph but as i emerge the other side of the corner im doing 60mph.

I cant seem to hold the speed through the corner. Does this mean I have to take the corners even later than I am now? I guess this is the case. Anyway, Im going to try again tommorow. Its nearly 3am here.
hehe, im 1 hour in front
the problem is, when u take long turns, u (mostly) keep pressing steer.
so the wheels turn to the max angle(?) and the car slides more than it turns, huge amount of grip loss.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :hehe, im 1 hour in front
the problem is, when u take long turns, u (mostly) keep pressing steer.
so the wheels turn to the max angle(?) and the car slides more than it turns, huge amount of grip loss.

So I guess, tapping the keys instead of olding them....
#13 - Jakg
yes - although its far easier using the mouse, as you have analogue steering!

Blackwood in XFG
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG