The online racing simulator
LFS Wiki manual hosted by LFS now.
Hi all,

Here a note about the LFS Wiki manual. It's moved once again, but now to our own server, so it's safe to assume the move was for the last time.
The new location is : http://www.lfsmanual.net

Because we host it ourselves now, I've also integrated our login and user system into the wiki. That means that you can login on the wiki with your regular LFS username and webpassword, just like on all our websites. Being logged in on the wiki means that you can edit or add just about anything on there. So if you think something is missing, you can add it! Or if you think something should be rewritten using clearer or better words, feel free to update that.

Because of these edit facilities, only S1 & S2 licensed racers can login; demo accounts are free and as such too easily obtainable.

Cheers,
Good idea, good move. Will be nice when it is updated to be a very complete manual (Even though it is pretty complete already )
#3 - Jakg
great - looks like theres no way i'll forget the URL!
Woo!
Quote from Bob Smith :Woo!

Thats not a very constructive post now is it Bob..!

Its nice to have the wiki on our own server now. Long live LFS!
Hooray!

One question, is the login supposed to work?
#7 - Jakg
Quote from AndroidXP :Hooray!

One question, is the login supposed to work?

well it does for me, so yes!
It doesn't for me. The normal LFS webpage login works, though. Victor, might wanna check out that special characters get submitted correctly?
Yes, that's it. I've changed my password to a simple one for testing, and the login worked. Changed it back to my original one, then the login doesn't work. Make sure characters like öäü and ,.-#+ get interpreted correctly, please.
you should be able to use 'odd' characters now.
Thank you, it works now!
Cheers Victor
I don't think I'm properly logged in, seeing it automatically thinks my name is "Dawesdust_12" when its dawesdust_12, I'll see if I can edit.
That's because of a restriction in the media wiki software, the first character always has to be a capital.
Quote from GP4Flo :That's because of a restriction in the media wiki software, the first character always has to be a capital.

... and this also applies to usernames because you may have your own user page if you want to.

EDIT: Don't ask how, simply click on your username on top of the page and start writing.
#17 - axus
Sweet! Very nice, Victor!
Excellent wiki.
Great!
I think moving the wiki to lfs.net was a very good idea, along with giving all licensed users edit rights. Hopefully that will motivate more people to contribute, because even though it already has quite much content, there are still some underrepresented areas. Also the German one seems to somewhat lag behind the English manual.
Quote from Wiki : Online Racing Etiquette
  • Don't spam: There is no need to repeat a message over and over. Other racers will be annoyed by you. It's rude and there is simply no use in doing that. Even if you are angry or you have the right to be angry, never spam!
  • If you get BLUE FLAG displayed on the screen, it means a player who is one or more laps ahead of you is attempting to pass. You must let this player past you as soon as possible by driving your car out of the racing line and slowing down a bit on a clear straight.

I believed there were other rules for the blue flag? You should NOT leave the racing line I believe and be as predictable as possible in your driving. Isn't it the responsibility of the faster car to pass you safely?
#22 - axus
Quote from AeoIus :I believed there were other rules for the blue flag? You should NOT leave the racing line I believe and be as predictable as possible in your driving. Isn't it the responsibility of the faster car to pass you safely?

You've just gotta let it past in a safe place (chicane would be a terrible idea). Most times, the slower driver is blamed for any incident.
It really depends on the situation. My view on things:
  • If the blue flagged one wants to let me pass on a straight when he has about the same speed as me and I'm not very close to him, then there's no harm if he changes lane and gives the brakes a short stab, or just releases the throttle momentarily.
  • If I am already about to pass him on a straight, because I'm considerably faster than him, then he should stay on his line.
  • Going wide in a slow corner is never a false thing to do when letting someone pass.
  • In confusing or complex situations like chicanes, or simply when in doubt, STAY ON YOUR LINE!
In conclusion: be predictable, use common sense. In doubt, stay where you are.
As we are having this Wiki now some kind of official, would it be possible to add it with an icon to LFS World?
I guess it will be made "official" sooner or later. They might wanna make a cleanup first, to make sure all info is correct. Right now the only link to it is hidden in the "Links" section of lfs.net. IMO it should be a big link on the left later on.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG