The online racing simulator
Selling Bits?
(22 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
Selling Bits?
Well as much as i want a G25 - it is waay to expensive for me, plus my Momo works (with a few hickups!), however due to Logitechs "unique" pattern of Pedal Making, i am relying on a spare MS FFB Wheel for pedals, and these to be brutally honest aren't the best in the world, and recently i have been thinking of upgrading, however ECCI units etc are more than the complete G25, so i gave up, however i have been offered an amazing deal by a forum-er here off some ACT Labs pedals and a home-made shifter (which is actually surplus to requirements -i have the bits to make one myself), for £100, and this is still too much, so i wondered if i was to sell my old MS Sidewinder (heck - i dont need it anymore if i get these pedals!), what would i get for it? and could i just sell the pedals from my Momo? would i get much for them? And would i just be better off getting a new wheel unit (ie G25 and saving up!) instead?
Your Sidewinder FFB should be worth £10-£20 on Ebay, don't think there'd be much of a market for the Momo pedals though.

And its the ACT Labs GPL shifter, not my joystick based one I offered you If you would like just the pedals, check your PM mate.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#3 - Jakg
#4 - Jakg
now for my second question...

If i move my Momo fast, it loses center, and when i take it back to cente (on the wheel) it still is going one way a large amount, ie if i swerve to the left quickly, and then straighten up, my wheel is suddenly veering 10 degrees to the left, sometimes more, in-game (and in "Game Controllers" so it isnt LFS), can anyone fix it?
#5 - P1lot
Think that's common to all MOMO Racing and DFP's.
You need to stop and give full lock in both directions for the centre to be properly aligned again.
#6 - Jakg
Quote from P1lot :Think that's common to all MOMO Racing and DFP's.
You need to stop and give full lock in both directions for the centre to be properly aligned again.

i can fix it easily by doing that, but in the middle of a race going full lock is impractical!
#7 - Goop
Jakg, I have the same problem.

There's an RSC thread about it somewhere, couldn't find it tho. Try the centre-fix, doesn't seem to work for everyone tho.
P1lot, I highly doubt its common to all DFP's. I've used a few, and none had this problem. My old DFP would sometimes calibrate the center point slightly off, but nothing like this.

Other than the fix someone else posted above, I don't know of any solution..if it was always off center you can use DXTweak to fiddle with it, but bceause its a variable problem that wouldn't help..
#9 - Jakg
Quote from Goop :Jakg, I have the same problem.

There's an RSC thread about it somewhere, couldn't find it tho. Try the centre-fix, doesn't seem to work for everyone tho.

thanks - ill try that, hope it works!
#10 - Jakg
New pedals here - i am gonna eBay my old Sidewinder, but does anyone want my old Momo pedals? could be used as a clutch somehow, if you could bypass the need for a wheel...

Or should i just eBay them?
IIRC they use a RS232 plug so might work without the wheel, with a generic 2 axis driver. You could always test this.

I think you'll get more for them on here/RSC than Ebay mate.
Quote from Jakg :New pedals here - i am gonna eBay my old Sidewinder, but does anyone want my old Momo pedals? could be used as a clutch somehow, if you could bypass the need for a wheel...

Or should i just eBay them?

did you put that up on ebay? i am going to bne letting my better half use my logitech formula force and i was looking for something the had force feedback. i would obviously need the pedals and any leads etc. email me [email protected] even if you dont have them so i know to keep looking.

Dave.
#13 - Jakg
i have just noticed since i installed indows vista that i have no vibrations through my wheel anymore so force feedback wont work either will it. but its ok puttign xp onto my other hard drive will cure that. i would of given you around £25 posted for that wheel lol
#15 - Jakg
what do you mean? i highly doubt anyone will by that wheel (its gameport after all), so if you want it you can just bid £5 (why am i saying this?!?), but Vista DOES have problems with most things, it's a beta OS after all
Quote from Jakg :what do you mean? i highly doubt anyone will by that wheel (its gameport after all), so if you want it you can just bid £5 (why am i saying this?!?), but Vista DOES have problems with most things, it's a beta OS after all

im unsure if my pc has a gameport come to think of it i have never used it can you take a picture of the plug. how does the pedal join to the wheel through another plug into the back of the wheel?

i have seen some others on ebay and they are around £30 posted if you want to remove it from ebay i will pay you £5 for the said items and your postal price and your ebay fees for listing said item. it must be better than this logitech thing that has no FF and i can give it to the missus to use on her pc when she is online
#17 - Jakg
Quote from daveb948576 : im unsure if my pc has a gameport come to think of it i have never used it can you take a picture of the plug. how does the pedal join to the wheel through another plug into the back of the wheel?

i have seen some others on ebay and they are around £30 posted if you want to remove it from ebay i will pay you £5 for the said items and your postal price and your ebay fees for listing said item. it must be better than this logitech thing that has no FF and i can give it to the missus to use on her pc when she is online

tis in the box atm, but i'll try and get you some pics of the connectors, the pedals plug in through a weird on iirc tho
just tell me if it will work on this mother board. http://www.asrock.com/product/939Dual-SATA2.htm

can you end the auction or add a buy it now

i have the book for it and it sais serial port com1
#19 - Jakg
the pedals are a PS2 keyboard connector (...although they wont fit in that port on your pc), i dont think that mobo has a gameport on it, ill upload some pics in a minute

If you have a sound card they sometimes have a game port on them

EDIT - Sorry if the pics dont look that good, lighting is an issue, i'll try and get some better results in a min!
Attached images
100_1162.JPG
100_1164.JPG
100_1165.JPG
100_1170.JPG
the gameport plug is the wrong way around mine is a female end the same as that one

let me see if i have a sound card that has a gameport on it.
nope i have a sound card but with the wrong connection for my pc. so im probably better off getting the same wheel but in usb form or a different one, can you recommend a good wheel that is in usb form.
#22 - Jakg
either get that in USB version, or get the Logitech Momo or DFP

Selling Bits?
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG