The online racing simulator
Anyone else has this problem? *DFP related*
I started to notice this myself, and it's become more common for the moment.
When on a straight, on any car, I notice that the wheel is slightly turned, telling itself as it is infact straight, and because of it, it acts like that the whole race.. Does anyone have this problem? Is there a way to solve it to stop that from happening?
had it a few times, what i do these days is calibrate as soon as i start lfs

if all else fails there is a prog at logitechs web site to clear all calibrations but you shouldnt ever need that more than once
Do you happen to know the name of that program?
You can open the DFP. There you'll see a big gearwheel. To this gearwheel, there is a small piece of metal attached.
This small piece tells the controller, where the wheel is centered.

So you have to do two things:
1) Clean this small piece (There might be some grease on it)
2) Adjust it carefully in the opposite direction of the de-centered wheel.

Regards
RR
Quote from Red Runner :You can open the DFP. There you'll see a big gearwheel. To this gearwheel, there is a small piece of metal attached.
This small piece tells the controller, where the wheel is centered.

So you have to do two things:
1) Clean this small piece (There might be some grease on it)
2) Adjust it carefully in the opposite direction of the de-centered wheel.

Regards
RR

Is there a picture of the insides of the DFP?
#6 - kaynd
I think it is that… And I have broken the sensor which sees it…
The strange thing is that the wheel still calibrates perfectly itself.
You just must not touch the wheel while it is auto calibrating because it take as center wherever you move it.
Attached images
that.jpg
From the look of it, the sensor has moved a little. Does anyone have a picture guide instructions on how to fix this problem?
#8 - kaynd
Here is a site with useful repair tips… the problem seems to be somewhere else.

http://web.axelero.hu/mozso/momo_e6.html

The site is for Logitech MOMO Racing, but the mechanism is similar to driving force pro
I'll stick to trying to get a replacement, I was unfortunate to try and fix my old Microsoft Sidewinder, and even though it was worn out, and still usable, I made it worse by just looking inside.
I noticed this morning, when the wheel is recalibrated during the PC reboot, the wheel sticks to its normal line, it only acts slightly squint when I use it to play LFS.

Just thought I'd point that, could that be easily solved with a reinstall of the DFP drivers?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG