LFS pronunciation
(19 posts, started )
#1 - Navid
LFS pronunciation
Hi
Which one is correct in english?
Leeve for speed? or Laaive for speed?
Thanks
Can be hard with different language tongues... but it is the word "LIVE" like to live (opposite of die)

Live For Speed :lfs:

In Germany it is: "Leeeve For Schpeed Zwei, hot hot"
#3 - Navid
oh cool, but whats in english language?
The phonetic spelling, in english, would be a long the lines of:
"liv - fawr - sp-eed"
#5 - Navid
Quote from the_angry_angel :The phonetic spelling, in english, would be a long the lines of:
"liv - fawr - sp-eed"

thanks i think i understand, but i'm not sure in "Live". you wrote "liv" is it more near to LEEV OR Laiv? what does Live mean here? illepall
#7 - (SaM)
Live is a long "LIF". It means you live to race, you live to speed.

Live for Speed.
It's the first one on this link - liv rather than lahyv.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#9 - Navid
Thanks to all, I understand now.
And here i was, determined it was [Livv Frr Spiiiid] Oh dear :/ i have to recalibrate myself now...

I can cover it during an "Ask Tristan" section of the STCC commentary.... actually, that gives me an idea...
It's not like "Live on Eurosport!!" but as in "I live in Europe"
There is a life outside of LFS?
Leave For Speed would be an entirely different game, wouldn't it ?

If it helps, "live" rhymes with "give", not with 'drive'

Unfortunately an impossible question to answer because letters have different phonetic meanings in different languages. e.g

'au' in English has a different sound to 'au' in German. 'Ouw' and 'oh' respectively
'oh' is the French way of pronouncing it The german 'au' is pronounced as 'Ouw'.
#18 - SamH
Way back when, I had an Atari ST. I had a voice synthesizer for it, and it did quite well converting text to speech. To get it closer, you could spell phonetically, and in that form, Live for speed would be "LIHV FOR SPEED". Kinda made sense. The wrong way would have been "LIYV FOR SPEED", as in "I FEEL ALIYV AND I LIHV AT HOME".
Kimi Raikkonen, Tommi Makinen, Mika Hakkinen or any other Finnish race driver who can't speak proper English would pronounce it leave vorr speet. Something like this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=hnt7ABYwQ5E (and that is a parody sketch but not that far from truth either )

LFS pronunciation
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG