The online racing simulator
A better Aston GT?
(22 posts, started )

Poll : Change the GT layout?

Dont care
No leave GT as is
Yes change the layout
A better Aston GT?
I hardly ever see aston GT being run on servers which doesnt really suprise me as its only slightly different to as GP. What i would like to see is Aston GT with new corners not corners we can find on other configs. Like AS North has the hairpin AS GT could have one new corner with this layout

Its only a small change but it sets it further apart from the other configs.

I did search but could only find stuff buried within other topics.
I said I don't care....

because my answer is Yes & No.

1) Yes, because it adds more braking and overtaking chances, and is a bit different than that dull tight S-section.

2) No, because generally, the S2 tracks have not proven to be exciting for me for various reasons. They are not very technical in my opinion, always too wide or too fast, and there is not many slow sections or loads of braking zones.... And just adding on a different route for a specific config, it doesn't make it any better to be honest. Why? Well it gets too repetitive, and nothing feels "unique" about each config. You recognize way too much from one config that turning off to the left instead of going right and coming back to another spot is just pointless. In my opinion, it shouldn't just be route changes.... Aston needs chicanes added on various straight or fast sections, and those chicanes should ONLY be exclusive to one or two configs.... ONLY. Then there could be various other unique turns and corners that are exclusive ONLY to other configs as well.... and this would make the S2 tracks a whole lot better, because it is truly something different, and not just change of direction to meet back at point B.

This is what I miss that was in S1. S1 tracks are still my only favorite tracks in LFS, honestly. Anyone that says the S2 tracks were made for the faster cars.... pffff, gimme a break, they drive just fine on S1 tracks. Fern Bay and South City are the most intense tracks out there, and even though some may disagree, I still think the way the layouts/configs are made for those track environments are IDEAL for how Eric needs to base his new track ideas off of. Otherwise, we get what you drew up there... just trying to figure out for some new config or configuration change, just to get a different "fixation" on something new to try.... because quite frankly, I believe people have many annoyances with the S2 configs and the only popular configurations are Aston National, Blackwood GP, Kyoto National, and Westhill. Not much else really.... unless you want to list more simple tracks that top the charts. NOBODY races the longer configs online, it is strictly kept to leagues, and that is sad. This game is filled with a bunch of noobs that don't want to race on a longer track because they don't remember more than half the corners :banghead:

So making a change to this track will only be of use for the first week or two after it is released... after that... "nothing special", and everyone will go back to the same boring simple configs. Nobody would drive GT, nobody would drive anything longer than your average AS National or Blackwood.....

EDIT2: And I'd much rather have a new Westhill config or Kyoto config. Aston is full of configs (too much now), I think it's about time the other tracks get new configs.....

/rant mode off
It's a different config, sure, but it seems to retain most of the existing Aston sections. I'm with Tweak (but not so angry ) - we don't need more configs that are mostly made up of different combos of existing sections. We would love to have whole new tracks though, preferably some smaller ones

I don't see many servers running the longer Aston or KY configs, but when I do it's usually a bunch of guys who don't know where they're going and racing is more a war attrition than an actual race. They're nice tracks, of course, but I think shorter tracks lend themselves to a better quality of online racing. Look at SO Classic - always popular servers regardless of the car class. The online miles I've done there in the FOX or UF1 far outstrip the online laps I've done at the big AS or KY circuits in the BF1 or GTRs, plus the racing on those shorter tracks is always a lot more fun than on the larger tracks (in pickup races anyway - no time for an LFS league atm).

Not that I dislike the longer ones, it's just that it's very rare to find any decent pickup races at the biggies regardless of the car you choose. A small variation in an existing layout won't bring much to the average, casual pickup racer (imho). Might give all the hotlappers an extra layout to pwnz at though
+1 No more new configs

+1 for totally new tracks
#5 - ORION
+1 for removing AS national
What ever happend to KY4 aka Kyoto Endurance?
Attached images
KY4.png
Quote from Dygear :What ever happend to KY4 aka Kyoto Endurance?

all the drivers died while testing that monster
Was it ever on the cards?

In any case:

+1 for new configs (more is still more than less)
+10 for new tracks (a lot more is more than more)

Quote from r8response :all the drivers died while testing that monster

It would only be like 8 - 9 miles tops.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I voted for no, because I think it would be more important to update the so sprint - tracks to be used in longer races. At all on So Sprint 1 you could use the normal pitlane of so, like joining it in the last left-corner and then through it, turning up on the bridge right and come back to the track in the first left-corner.
Rather than new tracks, how about a track editor? Then admins can load up whatever tracks they want. Also, then LFS can have replicas of real tracks without the LFS guys having to pay licensing fees.
That has been discussed many times Spinjack . I think we should leave it as it is, even though it doesn't get used. There are plenty of Aston configs, i think Eric should be focusing on expanding Westhill
I think the whole Aston should be revised... making few corners narrower to get 1-2 small configs similar to AS Club. And especially "Eau Rouge" and the last chicane kind of thing before the start straight should be completely remade. Those corners are just too crazy to be realistic.
I think that Aston GT is nothing short of a monstrosity - and the same with GP. I would prefer to have a version of club with the GP/Historic turn one. That would be immense.

But instead of more configs for the mediocre at best Aston environment, I would prefer to have the KY Endurance and some more Westhill configs, maybe another 1 or 2 for Blackwood.
-
Quote from thisnameistaken :AS North totally pwns. Cadet is awesome too. I never really touch the rest, but those two are great circuits.

Reason being that there is only 1 good corner at aston.
Quote from duke_toaster :Reason being that there is only 1 good corner at aston.

I think, there is not one single bad corner at AS Cadet, Club and North.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I voted leave it, because I think enough time and effort has been put into Aston for now.

I completely agree:

too many aston config, and imho most of them are boring unless u run them with bf1 and fastest gtr's.

I would really like to see new fernbay, southcity and westhill tracks, because these are the most fun in lfs atm.

But, maybe for the difficulty, those are the less played too
Quote from thisnameistaken :AS North totally pwns. Cadet is awesome too. I never really touch the rest, but those two are great circuits.

cadet is just one painfully slow corner after another
Cadet works with every road car.
+1 for more short configs of current tacks

yes, its easier to remember only 3 turns of a total track.
I think its becaus people like to go as fast as possible
without going off track. and thats just easier when
there are only 3 turns to remember - see kyoto ring!

long configs require therefore more laps and more time per race.
But you can have a really nice 5 minute race on fe1 or ky1.

:eclipseeh
(well, bit politically biased, khm... khm... khmarys. you dont know how i like cutting corners of every kyoto track its a long history)

and now wearing unhealthy asbestos suit - rather remove all those tiny 5 turn trolley alleys...
-

A better Aston GT?
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG