The online racing simulator
Toughest Corner in LFS
(62 posts, started )
Yes that long first turn in SO long is amazing in LX6/FZ5/RAC, guite scary at the first times to take flatout

But in my opinnion the T1/2 combination of SO sprint 1 rev is harder. The braking feels so tricky, and if you play it safe it feels so slow.
Attached images
hardest.jpg
The first corner at WE1R gets me every time, I cannot take it to save my life.

The first corner at BL1R is amazing, especially in the road cars

Anything at South City is great stuff, gotta love the bumps

The Aston corkscrew is a ton of fun to get right, not so much fun when you get it wrong.

There are so many great corners in the LFS tracks, you really can't choose just one. Eric Bailey is a very very talented track designer, we need some of his tracks in RL
I have to agree with the folks who have said the shaded corner in SO is one of the most dangerous

But the one I have most difficulty with is the height change gentle chicane on AS North Reversed (is it T3/T4?). Standard direction it's quite fast and it looks simple, but too fast at the top and you leave the track, destined to land in the wall. Nasty.
And even more so in the LX6
the "back" chicane at aston. not the one before the finish (which is also hard) but the uphill one with the bump on the exit. soooo easy to put the back end around.
fe green chincane ftw
I agree that there are a lot of challenging corners out there. To me, there is a difference between Challenging, and Dangerous. The corners that Becky talks about are dangerous in that in order to go fast over them, you have to take a line that would never be used in the real world and if you don't hit them just perfect, you wreck.

I prefer corners that are challenging to get right and if you don't, you lose time and possibly wreck, but can also be taken reasonably fast if you don't get it just perfect.

Aston National turn 1 to me is a cool corner. It is tough to get it perfect. You always feel you could get just a bit more out of that corner. The last turn on WE1 is very similar. I like both of these corners in both directions because of that.

I don't like some of the chicanes, like FE Club R on the back ~straight and the chicane on KY3 coming off the oval section. I consider these dangerous corners. People take unreasonable lines over those curbs that will work 7 times out of 10, but will wreck you the rest of the time. In order to be fast on those tracks, you have to drive that way (lines that would never be used in real life). I prefer chicanes like the revised Blackwood chicane, possibly the chicane on the back-side of WE1 and some others where you take some curb to be fast but not a lot, and requires skill and throttle control instead of random chance to be fast.
I think that South City sprint 1 turn one is quite a hard corner to get right and be very fast. Its very tight and on turning in you can easily clip the armco on the left, turn in too late and you will meet the armco on the right. There is also a manhole cover slightly elavated in that turn which often unsettles or throws the car to the right a little which can cause you to loose the rear end.

Nevertheless though it is a joy when you get it right.
mad
Quote from Qurpiz :This one in SO Long. It's really bumpy when you break, and the track turns just a little bit right before the hairpin. It's easy to go thorugh this safely, but going it fast, it's hard. Really hard.

And going it fast without doing extensive sliding is pretty impossible (on RWD cars). Those corners really makes the tyre physics problems shine...
Quote from Flycantbird :The one on Fern Bay Black with that woman in the grandstands lifiting her shirt.

Yeah, that corner is totally....wait, what woman?!?!
I'd have to say the chicane in south city, it's the one corner that will kill your race 90% of the time if you get it wrong while pushing it because you'll most likely end up going high speed into a wall with almost no room for correction. While you might say it's just a dangerous corner, I'd say it's tough because of the level of perfection you have to maintain to keep yourself safe while other dangerous corners you really have to screw up in order to take yourself out.
Having covered most of the tough corners, how about we talk about another type of corner.

What's the tightest, slowest corner?

It used to be the hairpin at South City (SO4) but I think there are tighter ones now.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I think that the hardest corner is the first soft right turn on As National - That corner is very very difficult to "hit perfectly" in most of the cars.

Toughest Corner in LFS
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG