The online racing simulator
Extreme disruptive or offensive behaviour
End-user license agreement

1. General

1.5 Extreme disruptive or offensive behaviour by a user, towards the developers or members of the community, may result in temporary or permanent suspension of the user's Live for Speed license.

Maybe users should be reminded of this agreement.

I hope these disruptive users are having there licences revoked , so they might think twice about wasting another £24, to then again get banned for disorderly behaviour.

Forbid them from connecting to the master server and let them play off line and crash the A.I.

Perhaps the list of banned users could be publicised as a warning and deterrent to others.

I know the Wrecker Barricade has gone someway to remove the nasty element, but there are still many servers that are unaware of this service.

Hope the developers are on the Barricade’s email list to witness the obvious, deliberate and malicious wrecking that goes on.

Other than poor driving skills by some newbies I don't think I've ever seen "obvious, deliberate and malicious wrecking" in S2 and that EULA can't be effectively inforced for demo so what are you talking about?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
there are people who deliberatly wreck...in s2 but your generally have to be really unlucky to get a server with one it in but there are some who come on regular...and they ruin the race for everyone else...
Quote from Glenn67 :Other than poor driving skills by some newbies I don't think I've ever seen "obvious, deliberate and malicious wrecking" in S2 and that EULA can't be effectively inforced for demo so what are you talking about?

Nice avatar
Quote from Glenn67 :Other than poor driving skills by some newbies I don't think I've ever seen "obvious, deliberate and malicious wrecking" in S2

you obviously don’t race on public servers much then ,but you want an example from tonight

http://www.kwn.eclipse.co.uk/wreck.mpr easy 50 more to hand if you want

(i refrained from making the first post a ' name and shame')

Quote from Glenn67 :..and that EULA can't be effectively inforced for demo so what are you talking about?

I never mentioned enforcing in demo ,only users that have a licence .
Obviously demo users don’t have licences to revoke !
You take your chances as per warning on entering demo online
Quote from Burnzoire :Nice avatar

Nice avatar. Commo VB?

T: Andr0me and chevvo suckz. Best is a ban vote for crashers like them.
Well I'm surprised to see that, looks no different to a bad demo server

I'm sure if you sent the replay to the developers and the server admin that they soon will be dealt with. Having said that I guess as LFS gets more and more users the task of managing disruptive users will become a problem...

@ Burnzoire Thanks it happened only a few km from me a sad day, but a great career! Would love to be at Bathurst this year
#8 - Jakg
Quote from Turbo Dad :you obviously don’t race on public servers much then ,but you want an example from tonight

http://www.kwn.eclipse.co.uk/wreck.mpr easy 50 more to hand if you want

(i refrained from making the first post a ' name and shame')

I never mentioned enforcing in demo ,only users that have a licence .
Obviously demo users don’t have licences to revoke !
You take your chances as per warning on entering demo online

to be fair you have been unlucky (well looking at the most recent reporters i see you've sent a fair few), in my whole 10k miles in S2 i've never seen a wrecker, and thanks to the iB, i dont think i will ever have to!
#9 - sbeu
very rare
Hi
To me wreckers are quite rare on S2 Servers. when I meet one i leave the server
But i've seen quite a lot of agressive players. trying to pass at all cost, insulting when you (or he) touch his car. Quite idiot.

PS: I've got names
Keep joining different servers TD its not so bad everywhere.

Unfortunatly I often see offencive chat , and as some of you know it is one of my pet hates and theres really no need for it

However I rarely see delibrate wrecking I must just be lucky

SD.
Yeah, those 2 from last night thoroughly deserve to lose their licenses.

What really surprised me was how long it took to ban them on the server at the time, despite them affecting everyone on the server. That was very weird.
I've sent 3 or 4 replays to the barricade and a couple of them where very clear cut cases of wrecking, but then the four? months i've had my license i've driven 6x more miles online than I drove my road car in the last year.
Quote :Unfortunatly I often see offencive chat , and as some of you know it is one of my pet hates and theres really no need for it

This narks me a bit too, but there was a thread here recently where drivers where condoning swearing and abuse in chat messages and arguing that it should be allowed on all servers. I'm not sure where that thread was now, but I found it a bit dissapointing.
Quote from Crazy Harry :T: Andr0me and chevvo suckz. Best is a ban vote for crashers like them.

We tried to ban them but with lots of people on the server, completing the vote was difficult. It is hard to tell who is doing the wrecking while you are trying to racing.
Quote from Glenn67 :Well I'm surprised to see that, looks no different to a bad demo server

defo S2 full .I bought i license to get away from that.
Quote from Glenn67 : ... Having said that I guess as LFS gets more and more users the task of managing disruptive users will become a problem...

That’s why I think the EULA should be a little more prominent and perhaps worded differently
Presently , upon finding liveforspeed.net you may read ‘what is LFS’ etc. then proceed with the download and go race .
Very few people actually read the license agreement in most software , so what’s the chances in LFS?
The only reminder to read is a tiny info button on the download page or right at the bottom of ‘read before you buy’ is a link to the EULA !
Quote from Becky Rose :but there was a thread here recently where drivers where condoning swearing and abuse in chat messages

Swearing and abuse are very different things. Context is important. The thread in question was about a simplistic word filter, and not a debate on the use of language.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :although having said that, it's best to tone it down if asked

And most civilised people would; if they were asked.

Having deviated from the topic enough, I'll agree that the intentional "wreckers" do seem to be a growing issue - and the automated global bans mechanism on the master server does seem to go some way to resolving this.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG