The online racing simulator
Concentration
(34 posts, started )
Quote from Jakg :because you know what to do as your driving, concentrating only helps when consistensy doesn't matter or when someone else is near

Wonder if I can learn a lap so well that I can watch TV with one eye and LFS with another, at the same time have consistent laptimes within 0.5 sec. OVAL does not count. Smth like FE Black with LX6
Caffeine, that is all.
#28 - Jakg
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Wonder if I can learn a lap so well that I can watch TV with one eye and LFS with another, at the same time have consistent laptimes within 0.5 sec. OVAL does not count. Smth like FE Black with LX6

you think thats hard? (i do it too often!) you try LFS at school with mates who dont like braking, i tweak the dedi with one hand, LFS with the other while periodically slapping the "something" that didnt break for T1

Damn good fun though!
@yegadoyai
Everything has been said imo :P
Sleep 8 hours a day, eat various , but helthy food, and exercise every day ( u don't have to spend an our in the gym, even 10-20 minutes can do miracles . Also try entering a league with lot of racers and long races ( best around 1,5-2 hours) . It gets you "pumped up" when U have practiced 2 weeks for a combo, and you are just in front of a 2 hour race :O (I for examle am so pumped up before an important event, that my face gets red, my hands get cold, and iam breathing like a postman chased by a bulldog :d )
IMHO you don't have to think about concentrating, just race
good workout using weights helps me. and i never race without the TV on.
tbh I was expecting at least a few comical 'rituals' that folk do to get 'in the zone'. I suspect that the main problem is work stress and eye strain, i shall work on these and let you know how I get on.

Cheers for the replies.
Jerkin' the gerkin before a big race always helps...
Right so last night I took as much of this as I could into consideration and went for a quick race. LX4 (me) v LX6, FZ50, RA (all AI) round aston. They have the speed on the straight but they are easy picking on the corners but as they do not always try and avoid you you have to stay on your toes. Used a different screen (was about 6 inches further away). Kept consistant lapping until I actually felt tired something like 3/4 of an hour later. A marked improvement. I think the close fighting and the fact that I had to think of the track as sections where I was quicker and sections where I was slower to contemplate passes not just several corners ahead but maybe even several laps ahead. Good fun, I would have raced online but all I could find was bloody drift servers.

Cheers all, maybe I'll get up to 'endurance' standards in a month or so.
I saw a very interesting program the other day on TV where they showed how racing drivers prepare for a race mentally and also what mental exercises they do to help them perform in the race .

One of the techniques was some exercises which made the left and right brain talk to each other and thus improving reflexes etc . The other was off course to visualize the whole track , every corner , every braking point etc , and do that over and over in your mind . This creates "shortcuts" in you brain so that your brain has to do less processing to actually perform a certain task .

So I decided ,"hey I'm going to try this" , I visualized KY National in the FOX over in over in my mind , each time in more detail . I went out and promptly drove a pb on the track

It could have been coincidence, but I drove a crap load of laps before I tried this.

I guess this technique can also improve concentration as your brain don’t work as hard to perform all the tasks .

Concentration
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG