The online racing simulator
Oil?
(32 posts, started )
Most UK circuits throw cement dust on oil spills

I'd also like to see something like this added ..

to all the damage related ideas

Big no to Random failures .. unless its a server option ??
I would have thought the F1 engines consume more oil because of the looser fit on the pistons, lower tension on the piston rings, and the higher RPM. Being a gasoline reciprocating engine means that it's running temperature won't be much hotter than the one in a road car.
Quote :Random failures would be pants, agreed, but if you spend too much time risking redlining or downchanging unrealistically fast, then there should be the higher chance of engine damage + mech failure. This way more careful racers will have the advantage of more reliability but slower lap times. Tactics are therefore brought more into play depending on driving style (more like real life). I like the idea of oil spills reducing traction in a limited area for a limited time period.

Quote : Anyway what I would like to see is oil leaks caused by crashes, or bad driving.
As long as it had nothing to do with just pure bad luck,

+1

Quote :i mean imagine all the wreckers... they'd have a great time bustin their cars and spilling oil all over the place. even after you've kicked or banned them the oil would still be there so a race would still be ruined.

Concerned.

Quote :when it's dropped from the wreckers and you ban them you can delete it.

Oil goes w/ wrecker. Nice.

+1
Thats a cool idea. I would also like to see oil leaks take place, but I don't want it to be random. there needs to be some sort of driver error involved to cause a leak if the idea is to be implemented.
big font?
i think that oil slicks would be cool and add a lot of realism, although it probably wouldn't be long before people like redline racing started banning anyone who left a slick on their track. :haha:

Oil?
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG