The online racing simulator
why do my guest's time out??
(11 posts, started )
i am trying to host my own game but every time someone joins they lose their connection or just cant get in ....i use a router with my pc and i have opened the ports required so whats gone wrong
aaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!
#2 - Gunn
Could you clarify which ports you have opened please?

Are you running a software firewall? Router or modem?
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D
Have you opened TCP AND UDP ports?

Is your ISP restricting some port ranges (some do) you could call their Tech desk and ask.

Have you left your P2P software running?

SD.
#4 - SamH
Quote from justme :HELP!!!!!!

Help's here, quite clearly. But there's nobody to rescue!

Did he blow up his router, configuring ports? It'd better be a good excuse like that, for starting an urgent thread with a plea for help, and then sodding off!
give him a little more time Sam it can be very frustrating setting up a router for the first time (remember to click apply in the router setup screen Justme )

I would rethink your avatar too Justme its a bit grusome, gives me the willys
Post back here again if you are still having problems please.

SD.
thanks for the reply.... ports 63392 and 29339 TCP AND UDP are open ....i use a router with Lan cable NOT wireless... i dont have firewall installed as router has one ...one thought is maybe my XP firewall ?? i think i should disable it

ha ha nope i have no p2p software
#7 - Jakg
Quote from justme :thanks for the reply.... ports 63392 and 29339 TCP AND UDP are open ....i use a router with Lan cable NOT wireless... i dont have firewall installed as router has one ...one thought is maybe my XP firewall ?? i think i should disable it

ha ha nope i have no p2p software

well the XP firewall is a firewall...
iv disabled xp firewall but still no joy ...... i tried it again today guest came on but lost connection

oh another thing i have lfs on my laptop aswell so i ran game on pc + laptop in demo mode ... i started a server on pc but couldnt find it on demo list on laptop ahhhhhhhhh!!!! its all gone wrong
Quote from justme :oh another thing i have lfs on my laptop aswell so i ran game on pc + laptop in demo mode ... i started a server on pc but couldnt find it on demo list on laptop ahhhhhhhhh!!!! its all gone wrong

If you're using a home router, you're likely to be on DHCP. Have you checked that the port forwarding is still pointing to the correct address?
I get this as well when I port foward. When I set my PC to a DMZ then it works. Not really a good idea though
thanks ppl i got it sorted out i can host games now yeay !
it wasnt my router i had the correct ports open
it was a pc problem so it got formated and hey it works now
cheer

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG