The online racing simulator
FXR Improvement
(34 posts, started )
Quote from deggis :Just a thought that isn't FXR basicly the most unrealistic car in LFS? Modern 4WD full race car... how many times have you seen that in real life? Only thing I know that DTM used to have some 4WD Audi in 90s, it was very competitive in wet races.

IIRC the Volvo in the SPEED World Challenge GT series is a 4WD car; it ran away from the field this past weekend in the piss-pouring ran, too. The SPEED GT series is about on par with the GTRs in LFS too I believe. Just because it's rare doesn't mean unrealistic It's up to the sanctioning body to determine the rules set for a series. (In this case, the LFS devs are the sanctioning body, so what they say goes )
Quote from tristancliffe :Ha ha ha the engine in your car is about half the size of the one in our caravan And our caravan is rear wheel drive

my car is rwd too.. or low/high 4wd
i find it funny that you compare a vehicle about 3x the weight of my truck
unless your talking about a dodge caravan.. im not up with the whole british terminology
Quote from Hyperactive :A Radical SR8 has totally different specs than any of the GTR cars. Imho, too different. (of course I am not the person to say what should be in LFS, but the GTR class is quite good already. All it needs is a mid-engine rwd NA engined car. )

Prototypes and sportsracing cars often race with GT cars, whether they're actually balanced may not be too important, although I think something like a Radical SR8 would run fairly similar laptimes to the GTRs.
How heavy is your truck? Our caravan is about 6 tonnes unladen

It doesn't exactly handle like a dream though, but it's from across the pond so I wouldn't expect it do. *runs*
We don't need a GT3 class really. Just GT1, GT2 is fine.
Quote from ajp71 :Prototypes and sportsracing cars often race with GT cars, whether they're actually balanced may not be too important, although I think something like a Radical SR8 would run fairly similar laptimes to the GTRs.

They are at the same time on the track. Or do you mean that prototypes and GTRs are equally fast? (I really don't know, but I would be quite surprised if GTs were as fast as protos...). By a GT I mean something like the faster cars GTR2
my jimmy is about 1673 kg (curb) (or so im reading on some websites) i'll have to check the info sheet it came with
Quote from Hyperactive :They are at the same time on the track. Or do you mean that prototypes and GTRs are equally fast? (I really don't know, but I would be quite surprised if GTs were as fast as protos...). By a GT I mean something like the faster cars GTR2

I'm sure he is referring to multi-class racing a la LeMans/GARRA/ALMS, etc. GTR2 simulates the FIA GT series, which is multi-classed as well, but only 2 classes of GT cars; unlike LeMans and the ALMS which has 2 Proto classes and 2 GT classes. GARRA (Gran American Road Racing Association)'s Rolex Series has 1 Prototype class and 1 GT class.

...I want a prototype in LFS. A lot.
Quote from Hyperactive :They are at the same time on the track. Or do you mean that prototypes and GTRs are equally fast? (I really don't know, but I would be quite surprised if GTs were as fast as protos...). By a GT I mean something like the faster cars GTR2

I was really referring to GT cars racing in different classes to prototypes, however, there is no reason why in LFS smaller sports racing cars couldn't race with the GTRs.

FXR Improvement
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG