The online racing simulator
FXR Improvement
(34 posts, started )
FXR Improvement
Simple : keep its power output how it is, but make it a 3l V6 NA engine. Also, cut the weight down as well.

This would make it extremely even IMO with pissing rain, 80kph winds, etc. etc.
Quote from duke_toaster :with pissing rain, 80kph winds, etc. etc.

Sounds like you were at Mosport this weekend LOL
another one. make the area under the front of the bonnet between the lghts a skinnable area. would make it so much better i think.
Attached images
Untitled-1 copy.jpg
Untitled-2 copy.jpg
not sure about skinable... but SOMETHING there would be nice

hm.. 3 litre V6... thing would have a smaller engine than what i drive lol
then again.. the 4.3 liter v6 in my car is getting kinda old i wonder how much horsepower it has now
mibi a nice metal strip then
Nah, arbitrary metal strips look dumb on cars imho. I Think it should remain as a grill (thats what it looks like to me anyways) just maybe add in some detail (mesh?) or remove the hole.
Wow, I like the FXR, I never drive the FZR because it's in a class of it's own, but I enjoy racing XRR against FXR or vice versa. Bring the FZR back down and all will be fine.
Quote from MAGGOT :Nah, arbitrary metal strips look dumb on cars imho. I Think it should remain as a grill (thats what it looks like to me anyways) just maybe add in some detail (mesh?) or remove the hole.

thats the idea i was getting at. metal strip i suppose was a bit of a dumb explanation. now chrome. . .
Quote from Bawbag :Wow, I like the FXR, I never drive the FZR because it's in a class of it's own, but I enjoy racing XRR against FXR or vice versa. Bring the FZR back down and all will be fine.

Yea ture as soon as you start coming out of the pits you can tell the diff of the fzr to the other so pointy what turning at some speed and as to much to play with, The fxr is a beast of a car it justed a like the rb4 you can floor as soon as you start to go into the corner and keep a tight line and hold a nice line on the exit
My suggestion to the GTR class:

1. Replace FXR with an RB4 GTR, fairly similar 4WD turbo 4 pot.

2. Create RWD FXR silhouette racer, 5 litre naturally aspirated V8, DTM style obviously lighter and more powerful in a class of its own.

3. 300 bhp RA GTR (or invent another Elise type sportscar if bastardizing a real car isn't on)

4. A Radical SR8 style bike engined sports racing car, faster than the FOX and suitable for addition to the GTR class.
Quote from ajp71 :My suggestion to the GTR class:

1. Replace FXR with an RB4 GTR, fairly similar 4WD turbo 4 pot.

2. Create RWD FXR silhouette racer, 5 litre naturally aspirated V8, DTM style obviously lighter and more powerful in a class of its own.

3. 300 bhp RA GTR (or invent another Elise type sportscar if bastardizing a real car isn't on)

4. A Radical SR8 style bike engined sports racing car, faster than the FOX and suitable for addition to the GTR class.

1. Removing a car from LFS? Please no. FXR can compete with XRR, the FZR is the problem. Make FZR slower or others faster.

2. Why not make a totally new car with 5 litre NA engine and DTM characteristics?

3. RA GTR, would be ok, but why not have a fresh new 300hp car?

4. Suitable addition to GTR class? Why not just make a new class with the Radical SR8 and LX8R? Balancing the GTR class with this would be impossible, imho
Quote from Hyperactive :1. Removing a car from LFS? Please no. FXR can compete with XRR, the FZR is the problem. Make FZR slower or others faster.

2. Why not make a totally new car with 5 litre NA engine and DTM characteristics?

3. RA GTR, would be ok, but why not have a fresh new 300hp car?

4. Suitable addition to GTR class? Why not just make a new class with the Radical SR8 and LX8R? Balancing the GTR class with this would be impossible, imho

I don't see THAT much of an advantage with the FZR It is a huge pain in the arse to drive compared to the FXR. The XRR, well, it is just plain wierd
The FXR can run on a set of tires and fuel longer than the FZR. The FZR has to cary more fuel which makes it slower/ heavier.
I think a good competition for the FZR would be the XRR without that turbo lag/ a little more boost.
just watch a race, the FZR pulls away on the straights while the FXR closes the gap in the corners.
Well, everyone drives the FZR... I myself am about 1-2 secs a lap faster in the FZR than the other GTR's. But I really like the FZR.

In my opinion, the LFS GTR class is a bit strange: The devs tried to create 'GTR performance' cars out of the cars already available, although you would never see such a thing in real life (GTR's with a 4 cylinder engine, except for the Lotus cars).

It would have been better if they created something like a GT2 class (450 hp) running the FZR with only 450hp (a reasonable figure for a flat-6) and maybe a RA GTR with a V6 or V8 or V10 thrown in. Or with the LX8 GTR...
With the other cars they could have created a Touring Car class, running cars with approx. 300hp. They could have used the TBO class cars for this series (slightly tuned, and lighter, with slicks and maybe wings) and maybe a GTI with a stronger (6cyl?) engine, to have an NA competitor...

I personally wouldn't mind if they remove cars or modify them, I really don't consider the FXR and the XRR that realistic. For S2 final I wish that these cars would get at least a 6cyl engine (to create something like a JGTC car, they run mostly turbo'ed 6 cylinders and put out about 500hp), this would be much more like a GT car...
Quote from Bawbag :Wow, I like the FXR, I never drive the FZR because it's in a class of it's own, but I enjoy racing XRR against FXR or vice versa. Bring the FZR back down and all will be fine.

Agreed, the FXR is perfect how it is. The FZR used to be fun to race against aswell. Aslong as you got a decent corner exit and perhaps a little slipstream, you could have great races against it. Now, the FZR is gone like a fart in the wind, no chance of getting into it's slipstream.
#15 - Jakg
Quote from Captain Slow :another one. make the area under the front of the bonnet between the lghts a skinnable area. would make it so much better i think.

it is, ie look at my screenie
Attached images
Grabby1.jpg
Quote from Jakg :it is, ie look at my screenie

He thought about this area:
Attached images
that.jpg

Yes the XRR and FXR are closely matched now, I wouldn't touch them. FZR needs to be nuked somehow though.
Quote from XCNuse :not sure about skinable... but SOMETHING there would be nice

hm.. 3 litre V6... thing would have a smaller engine than what i drive lol
then again.. the 4.3 liter v6 in my car is getting kinda old i wonder how much horsepower it has now

Ha ha ha the engine in your car is about half the size of the one in our caravan And our caravan is rear wheel drive
#19 - axus
FXR setups look rather odd with lots of front wing and almost none at the back - I think this could be down to dodgy weight distribution/inertia matrix and odd undertray placement.
Instead of junking the current cars, here's an idea.

GTR3 : UFR, XFR. Also, a small bike engined club racer like a Global GT Light, although GT Lights are more like prototypes.
GTR2 : FXR, RBR, XRR
GTR1 : FZR, LX6R, RAR, V8 like the Monaro in British GT/ V8 supercar.
Expansion potential : Racing versions of supercars if they come. In which case, GTR3 would be renamed GTR4 etc etc.
Quote from duke_toaster :Instead of junking the current cars, here's an idea.

GTR3 : UFR, XFR. Also, a small bike engined club racer like a Global GT Light, although GT Lights are more like prototypes.
GTR2 : FXR, RBR, XRR
GTR1 : FZR, LX6R, RAR, V8 like the Monaro in British GT/ V8 supercar.
Expansion potential : Racing versions of supercars if they come. In which case, GTR3 would be renamed GTR4 etc etc.

We cn pretty throw out whatever suggestions, but I bet that the devs have already some kind of scheme of cars to be in LFS, and having many GTR classes wouldn't really be a wise sitatuation.

The current "GTR" cars are pretty close to the DTM cars, but look more like Fia GT cars. If we some day get prototypes, is the gap between current GTRs and prototypes big enough for one more class? Maybe a class like the Ferrari F430 Challenge: cars with slicks but little downforce and limited setup options?
Quote from Hyperactive :1. Removing a car from LFS? Please no. FXR can compete with XRR, the FZR is the problem. Make FZR slower or others faster.

That is basically what I'm suggesting, convert the FXR to an RB4 GTR and create a new FXO DTM style car.

Quote :

No it wouldn't a Radical SR8 would be ideal for racing with the other GTR cars if not there are slower/faster similar sportsracing cars, we need variety of grid and it could help have something other than just GTR cars.
I'd love to see something like the Radical, or Ferrari 333sp clone. Something to spice it up a bit. Hmm.. how about the Spice?
Just a thought that isn't FXR basicly the most unrealistic car in LFS? Modern 4WD full race car... how many times have you seen that in real life? Only thing I know that DTM used to have some 4WD Audi in 90s, it was very competitive in wet races.
Quote from ajp71 :That is basically what I'm suggesting, convert the FXR to an RB4 GTR and create a new FXO DTM style car.

Why convert anything? FXR is fine as it is.
And a DTM class with only one car in it?
Quote from ajp71 :No it wouldn't a Radical SR8 would be ideal for racing with the other GTR cars if not there are slower/faster similar sportsracing cars, we need variety of grid and it could help have something other than just GTR cars.

A Radical SR8 has totally different specs than any of the GTR cars. Imho, too different. (of course I am not the person to say what should be in LFS, but the GTR class is quite good already. All it needs is a mid-engine rwd NA engined car. )

FXR Improvement
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG