The online racing simulator
Goodwood Revival
(15 posts, started )
Goodwood Revival
Anyone else going?
My friend has offered me a spare ticket and hotel room and I couldnt say no
Now I just have to find some 1950s clothes so I can get in the paddock :detective

website
Yea i went a couple of years ago, and hopefully this year if i havnt missed it already Gonna be good.
It was the weekend just gone, you missed out

I had a great time

In fact, Id go as far as to say it was the best motorsport event I have ever been to. F1, BTCC, WTCC etc etc, nothing comes close to how good the atmosphere is at Goodwood. This is a "must go" on next years calander for me, simply the best.

Hopefully I will get our pics online at some point, here is a little taster for you until then -
Attached images
PICT0956_small.JPG
Did anyone else go this year (from here, that is)? Myself and Madman went today, good racing to be seen and lovely noisy to be heard. Typically British weather only added to the fun.
:beady:

omfg mantis9, that pic looks ****ing awesome, as if giger designed a race car:headbang:! please please send the bigger picture!!!:hyper:
Quote from george_tsiros ::beady:

omfg mantis9, that pic looks ****ing awesome, as if giger designed a race car:headbang:! please please send the bigger picture!!!:hyper:

Glad you like it
Ill dig out the photos, there on a disk somewhere.
Heres the pic, Ive got loads more so Im gonna stick them on the net somewhere
Attached images
PICT0956.JPG
In case you were wondering what it is heres another one -

Its a 1933 Bently "Barnato Hassan Special"
Attached images
PICT0810.JPG
oh this is so great! thanks mantis9!

*fap* *fap* *fap*

...what?
Was at the Rolex Vintage Festival at Lime Rock yesterday. I used to go to the Goodwood Revival every year, but now I'm in the US I make do with Lime Rock. It's pretty good, but has got more and more fixated with the big mustang and camaro trans am cars from the late 60s and early 70s.

These two beasts were there in 2004, but nothing as big as the Bentley. The guy in the blue/yellow #29 was really pushing it around. Not sure what either are, as I can't find the program.

Haven't downloaded all the photos off my camera from this year yet
Attached images
#7_1.JPG
#7_2.JPG
#29_1.JPG
#29_2.JPG
Some photos from yesterday. Some pre'41 racing cars and some 55-63 formula cars. Don't ask me what they are - I was too cheap to spend the $7 for the program...

I like Lime Rock, because like Goodwood, there are some places you can get close to the track without all the catch fencing at the bigger tracks.
Attached images
#1.JPG
#11_1.JPG
#11_2.JPG
#12.JPG
#17.JPG
#21.JPG
Quote from mantis9 :In case you were wondering what it is heres another one -

Its a 1933 Bently "Barnato Hassan Special"

my god, its a beast id try to fit that engine in a swift
really good pics dude, this one was actually funny
Attached images
#29_2_2.JPG
I've found a few photos from the 2001 Goodwood Revival, and one of the Bentley at the 2001 Festival of speed. The quality isn't great as they're scans of photos from before I had a digital camera. I used the shot of the pit straight as my wallpaper for ages. I really liked how it looked old, but note the half mast US flags. This was less than a week after the 911 attacks.
Attached images
festival of speed 2001.jpg
Rev_2001_program.jpg
Revival 2001.jpg
Revival 2001_2.jpg
ahh was a good day Bob(apart from the typical english weather) some great cars on show and the 1960 ferrari 246 Dino.... ahhh *droool! Was a privilage to see all of those cars i use to race in Grand Prix Legends. Made me wanna play GPL again.

Ford GT40 wasnt bad either..... lovelly noise

Goodwood Revival
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG