The online racing simulator
How to hide UI?
(10 posts, started , go to first unread)
How to hide UI?
Hi all,

I'm trying to hide all or adjust transparency of the UI elements during gameplay. I have an OLED screen and don't want any burn-in if I leave LFS in ambient/observer mode.

I usually play on TC server; so, far I did this:
1) Shift+F - removes game's UI elements (e.g. map) - this option works great!
2) Shift+I - it removes inSim elements - but all elements reappear after a couple seconds.
3) I can't find an option to adjust transparency for clocks/gauges and all the text in the chat.
4) Can't find an option to completely hide the in-game chat messages.

Appreciate your help!
Hiding GUI elements are only limiting the burn-in's in those areas, but you'll still get a burn-in on your monitor if you're looking at your own parked car. Also, the chat isn't going to give you any kind of burn marks. In the case that no one is speaking, the chat will fade away and be gone at some point.

The best possible solution i have for you is to have this video running in fullscreen.

The video can also be used to fix severe burnmarks.
I had a 6 year old monitor that had a huge burnmark in the middle of the screen, i had that video running every night for 3 days and eventually the burnmark was gone.
Thank you Kristoffer, just want no UI at all if possible. I'm looking into inSim commands but can't find anything to declutter the view.
Shift - (minus) toggles all in-game messages off
Quote from Flame CZE :Shift - (minus) toggles all in-game messages off

Thank you! Now, just need to figure out why shift-I gets reset.
#6 - Racon
Shift-I turns off all the InSim buttons you've got on your screen, but doesn't stop any more being sent - think of it as "clear current buttons" rather than "turn off buttons".

InSim authors can detect Shift-I and not send any more buttons until you do Shift-I again to make it act like "turn off buttons", but they have to write it that way.

The clearing of the current buttons happens regardless, so it just depends on the InSim if they reappear afterwards.
Quote from Racon :Shift-I turns off all the InSim buttons you've got on your screen, but doesn't...

Thank you for the detailed reply. In this case, it is impossible to block the inSim buttons' "updates".
Quote from RacingSOUL :Thank you for the detailed reply. In this case, it is impossible to block the...

There's one way, and probably the most optimal solution.
You could just change the insim port to a port number that is not in use:
/insim 29995

That'll stop your insim program from sending/fetching data Omg omg omg

When you get back to your computer ready to play LFS, you do the same command but specify the correct port number
/insim 29999

Turning off monitor might be most effective solution... Tilt

How to hide UI?
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG