The online racing simulator
Porsche 718 Cayman
The winner of the poll, the Porsche 718 cayman will be made by me. As I promised I will do the stock version first and after that GT4 vers.

I've already spent 4 hours making the model. The progress now is -

This time I'm trying to use polygons more sparingly and it took me about 9k triangles for the whole body without parts. But of course further detailing will be required.

Speedmodeling
Attached images
Снимок экрана 2024-02-12 204843.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-02-12 204928.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-02-12 205029.jpg
I love it
4 more hours working on Porsche

Attached images
wF6xnzy75ww.jpg
ciwElQfV4oo.jpg
tzgasEWnyaw.jpg
Every day it takes 4 hours. So it 12 hours of progress for now. Almost finished with the body, only small parts left such as headlight parts and nameplates. Tomorrow I'll start working on the interior.

Attached images
ENmPAdPzU18.jpg
c-o8fs85gik.jpg
jedlMTHvqVs.jpg
sexy Thumbs up
I didn’t have the opportunity to post yesterday, I worked another 2 days (8 hours) on modelling the mod. Already 48k triangles.

That's a beauty!
Lookin' really good Heart
best porche
57k triangles for now, modelling is complete, it will probably still require minor shading corrections and adding logos, but I think the video is already enough.

Attached images
Снимок экрана 2024-02-22 190523.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-02-22 190554.jpg
next part
Some progress in modeller

Attached images
Снимок экрана 2024-03-05 222825.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-03-05 222852.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-03-05 222939.jpg
It will be GTS 4.0Liter engine right?
Quote from superlame :It will be GTS 4.0Liter engine right?

No, its default Cayman for now, maybe later I will make GTS version.
sexyy 😍
Beautiful car, and awesome job with the modeling, tnx man.
Oh my... This is amazing!
My answer on the topic from mod review https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/2086322#post2086322

Quote from stuchlo :professional modelling (as always Smile ). I have a question about shading/topology. Do you have any suggestions, how to minimize artifacts in the attached image?

About the bumper, its hard to say exactly why this happens, but the shading algorithm is clearly involved. There shouldn't be any problems in the mesh itself. Regarding the space on the rear bumper, I suspect a strange operation of the normals. And of course it is quite problematic that LFS does not support custom normals because the shading algorithm always sets its own direction of normals. And it doesn't always look good. And I don't know how to deal with it. In blender the shading looks different than in LFS Editor, and in LFS game it is even more different. I gave examples of pictures and there is no such problems.

About the mirror mount, it apparently happens when the meshes are too close to each other, I'll try to fix it in the next version.

Quote from Evolution_R :Very good mod! A few things I noticed that could be improved:

- The front track should be wider (to better fit the car width);
- Wheels with Rim protector option set to "YES" would look much better on this car;
- Brakes! Car need brakes (brake calipers are missing Big grin);
- Better gauge cluster (but you probably already planning to do that);

The attached screenshots are with rim protector and wider front track.

- There is 1515mm front track width and 1532 rear track width for 2016 Porsche 718 Cayman which I sized up when make the suspension, but I'm not sure what dimensions I found when making the model.
- Got it
-- Yes, I know, a lot has not been done yet, the dashboard will also change, just first vers in wip.
Attached images
Снимок экрана 2024-03-30 125056.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-03-30 125133.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-03-30 130700.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-03-30 131940.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-03-30 133317.jpg
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :About the bumper, its hard to say exactly why this happens, but the shading algorithm is clearly involved. There shouldn't be any problems in the mesh itself.

Yes, I know, that the mesh is ok and that is why I was asking. Looks like it is caused by the Gouraud shading and that per-vertex-values are weighted using an area ratio of adjacent triangles. I am also not able to set similar shading in Blender so I hoped that there is a better way to prevent these problems than constantly switching between Blender and LFSE.
Quote from Aleksandr_124rus :the shading algorithm always sets its own direction of normals. And it doesn't always look good. And I don't know how to deal with it. In blender the shading looks different than in LFS Editor, and in LFS game it is even more different.

I haven't seen the specific case you are talking about but there are some tricks you can use.

First to understand:

- the normals at a vertex are based on the directions of the connected triangles, within a smoothing group.
- the normal contributions are higher from the larger triangles meeting at that point.

You can adjust the normals in two main ways:

- extra triangles may sometimes be needed
- use "normal contribution level" (ncl)

I have a feeling that a lot of people don't know about normal contribution levels, although Eric uses them a lot. You can use it to increase the importance of some triangles, relative to others, regarding their contribution to normals.

Actually, triangles with ncl of zero will not affect the normal at all if there are triangles with a higher contribution level also connected to that point.

You can view and assign the ncl in a similar manner to smoothing groups.
Also on the front axle there is a fairly large negative camber angle in the cruise setting, Which I made according to the measurements I found. And it is even larger for the race setting. Which also visually affects the wheel arch.
Attached images
sIHsU9_V8Hk.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-03-30 135354.jpg
Quote from Scawen :I haven't seen the specific case you are talking about but there are some tricks...

Thanks a lot, this was exactly, what I was looking for Smile Did not know that weighting can be adjusted in the editor.
Quote from Scawen :I haven't seen the specific case you are talking about but there are some tricks...

Wow I didn't know about ncl, I tried it now, I made a high value of normals in the places I needed where there are visual artifacts, maybe I need to do something differently but either I don't understand how it works, or it doesn't have a significant effect. (pic 1-5)

Quote from Scawen :I haven't seen the specific case you are talking about

I was just saying that the shadings in blender, LFS Editor and the game are different. (pic 6-7-8)

By the way is it possible to make blender shading support? In blender there are various ways to manipulate shading that conveniently to work. And while exporting obj there is a checkbox to export shading, but I understand now it doesn't work for LFS in the form of modifier WeightedNormal, which improves the appearance of the model. (pic 9-10)
Attached images
Снимок экрана 2024-03-30 141723.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-03-30 141818.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-03-30 141927.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-03-30 142419.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-03-30 142635.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-03-30 143108.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-03-30 125056.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-03-30 125133.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-03-30 144335.jpg
Снимок экрана 2024-03-30 144404.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG