The online racing simulator
New screenshots of renewed maps.
(37 posts, started )
New screenshots of renewed maps.
We have not been able to see screenshots of the renewed maps for about 2 years.
I'm curious about the final version of South City and Fern Bay. I can't wait to test it. Even seeing screenshots motivates me a lot. We also see that developers work intensively on the forum. Could we get a progress report at the end of this month?

Thanks Big developers Smile
LFS
Fern Bay is supposed to be on hold (unfortunately), but Eric was expecting to share some snapshots of Kyoto few months ago ... @Eric : you are welcome LFS
It wouldn't be too bad if we saw a few screenshots.
The past years were great, we were getting progress reports at the end of every month. Frown
Quote from karamurat1004 :It wouldn't be too bad if we saw a few screenshots.
The past years were great, we were getting progress reports at the end of every month. Frown

You are fairly ''old'' here and you should know by now that LFS is not a tripple A title and does not have a marketing team to pleasure costumers.

We get news, when we get news and then we rejoice.
It's like writting a letter to someone in the good old days. You wait, a reply letter may come or it may not. That's the fun Smile
Lately there have been many distractions for Scawen, but I think we are getting very close to the new LFS release and hopefully we will hear some news soon. Smile
Exactly, I'd rather they spend their time on updating LFS, then on making fancy reports. Progress reports with pictures are a luxury at the moment.
We're not gonna see any screenshots i think Shrug

Cant even recall when was the last progress report....

Too many modder editor updates that is so uncalled and useless but its what its Na-na
Quote from Evolution_R :Lately there have been many distractions for Scawen, but I think we are getting very close to the new LFS release and hopefully we will hear some news soon. Smile

What makes you think that we are close? Uh-hu
But it seems it will just be 7F for now, mostly with the fixes, limitations and the features of the 7E test patches, according to this

Quote from Scawen :I'm trying to release 0.7F in a short time with all the updates and it should be incompatible to make sure everyone gets on the new version.

Quote from Evolution_R :Lately there have been many distractions for Scawen, but I think we are getting very close to the new LFS release and hopefully we will hear some news soon. Smile

Your faith is misplaced. When and if scawen sorts out mods mess, then its onto day/night, new tyre ohysics, multithreading, new lightning system etc. Eric has to still finish so (been a 6 year project now).

If we take into account speed of development we have seen up to this point, optimisticly i would say start of 2026 for a big release. Realistically, we are looking at 2028 surely.
Developers been quiet for some time now about update and its not a good sign.

Last progress report was in Aug 2022 Frown
I'm sure we'll get a great version after all these years.
Quote from karamurat1004 :I'm sure we'll get a great version after all these years.

Theres no doubt about that,itll be great just when? Shrug
Who knows.
It'll be done when it's done.
Whether we'll still be around for it is another thing
Quote from NumberTwo :then its onto day/night, new tyre ohysics, multithreading, new lightning system etc.

3 of those 4 things are done, keep up Wink
Quote from Racon :3 of those 4 things are done, keep up Wink

How do u know theyre done?
It's all in the progress reports, timelapse videos of the night/day cycle included.

Hey big man, ill be happy to be proven wrong. Lets revisit this in 2028.
A test patch this year 2024 wouldn't be bad at all. Graphics or tire physicsSmile

show me where scawen says these are completed? those are just WIP videos of the lighting in the progress reports, and I wanna see where he's confirmed that multithreading or tyre physics are finished, that would be great if it were true!
Racon and Rane both delusional
Quote from k_badam :show me where scawen says these are completed? those are just WIP videos of the lighting in the progress reports, and I wanna see where he's confirmed that multithreading or tyre physics are finished, that would be great if it were true!

They can't because its not finished Big grin

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG