The online racing simulator
Why did the LFS developers removed the wheel track setup?
I`m curious why in S2 i cannot set the car wheels track anymore... cars loked very sporty when the wheels stood a little outside the body of the car .. it`s a shame in s2 modifing this is not posible .. i think . if there is a mod or somethin that can help me whith this please let me know. Thank you.
It's because people don't do stuff like that in real life. Well, some do, but only the ones who can't afford to buy proper wheels for their car.

Cars look sporty with the wheels in a dangerous position that wasn't taken into account for that suspension design? I'd have thought they would look unsporty for those reasons.
#3 - ORION
I liked the setup option simply for handling reasons, it was quite powerful.
The fixed reboud damping thing also makes good setups way more difficult to create :/
Well ... i hope it will be added in a future version again .. it was quite nice .. it made those cars look crazy .. and it also improved handling a lot .. we will see.
Quote from TigerClw :I`m curious why in S2 i cannot set the car wheels track anymore... cars loked very sporty when the wheels stood a little outside the body of the car .. it`s a shame in s2 modifing this is not posible .. i think . if there is a mod or somethin that can help me whith this please let me know. Thank you.

How do you know about these s2 features... you are a demo-racer...
Because the demo has some cars in it, which he can play with the setups on. Simple. No cracker crime here!
ohhh.. right... i've forgotten sorry m8
no harm done
What i think it previously came down to was that all the cars used the same style of suspension model. Now that the more advanced physics have been put in place the real suspension models for each car can be modeled in real time based apon the actual suspension geometry and not a bunch of fixed figures.

Such adjustments as track and a few others were not realistic in the sense that they would not be avalible for that suspension type on a UF1000 your not going to be able to do a whole lot with it if it only has McPhearson struts and a trailing arm rear end.

Does that make sense ?
Also all cars now have dynamic track widths, so you can't force set them anyway. You could add spacers to offset these dynamic track widths, but that sounds a bit blurgh.
Spacers add extra scrub radius, which could easily muck things up. Anyway, use of spacers isn't standard racing practice for OBVIOUS reasons.

IRL, proper widening requires lengthening of suspension arms and possibly relocaion of links, joints, etc. It's nowhere as easy as typing values into a slider. Besides, such alterations also alter suspension geometry, etc, so it's far from simple.
#12 - Jakg
apart from lowering the CoG, what would be the advantage of changing the track? (sorry - i suck with mechanics!)
It won't lower the CoG, but it would increase the track, and allow the tyres to theoretically work better. That is why everyone used near maximum track adjustment in S1. But it's not a good practice for real life for safety reasons. A real racer would change the track of the car by altering the suspension (as James said), not by bolting on bits of steel in between the hubs and the wheel, and messing up the carefully designed geometry. Or sacrificing wheel bolt lengths.
Not sure if you can say that in general. Most road cars are designed for comfort. Spacers on my front wheels brings a lot more stability on my old Opel.
More front track = more front roll resistance = more understeer
wheel track setup????

What is it? show me please!
Download S1 and look in the suspension setup options - you can change the track of the axles. It's just adding spacers basically, which is never a good thing really. It works, but it shouldn't be done.
Quote from Jonas8431 :wheel track setup????

What is it? show me please!

It widen's the wheel stance.

From this:
|-|
|-|

to this:
|--|
|--|

If that makes sense^
this isn't a programming issue - moving topic to assistance section.
That is camber.
These are from S1. Look at the difference in wheel position. They are tucked farther under the fender compared to the other picture.
Attached images
maxtrack.jpg
mintrack.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG