The online racing simulator
#1 - J.B.
Team Redline are ban-happy, clueless [insert insult of choice here]!!!
Today I went online racing for the first time for quite a while in the FOX at Blackwood. I felt like I was relearning the track due to the physics changes and the new set-ups that resulted from it. A qualifying session was started.

In qualifying every driver has the right to try and maximise his performace and faster drivers that close up from behind need to realize that they have to leave a bigger gap if they get stuck behind other racers. Anybody who knows anything about real racing knows this.

Two team redline racers came up behind me while I was on a hotlap and expected me to immediately give way. I didn't so they decided to push me off the track, one from behind and one when he was next to me. I can live with that, I know that many simracers have their own set of fantasy rules that have nothing to do with real racing. What did bother me though is that soon after, I was suddenly disconnected from the server, which at first I thought was a general network problem until LFS told me that my connection had been refused and it began to dawn on me that I had been banned without warning.

Well that's already the end of my story but thís incident did annoy me enough to make me start this thread and also enable automatic recordings so that I can prove behaviour like this in the future.

I know this thread will be locked soon because I just used the search function and saw that several similar threads about Team Redline have already been locked. Maybe a sticky Team Redline rant thread would be appropriate so that people like me don't have to annoy the moderaters with new threads everytime Team Redline strikes.
Please direct any complaints or questions to [email protected] as requested on the server.

Bitte leiten Sie irgendeine Klagen oder Fragen zu [email protected], als auf dem Diener erbeten hat.
Easy solution. Avoid redline racing. After all these threads about it i know simply not to go there.
#4 - Jakg
Quote from sil3ntwar :Easy solution. Avoid redline racing. After all these threads about it i know simply not to go there.

this is the very attitude i dont like - all of these bans have been explained by Evo, showing them to be in the wrong, but the server still keeps a reputation it doesnt deserve

Oh well, i dont care about what the forum thinks, its still one of my favourite servers!
wtf, fox racing, demo racer, s2 server, huh.
lol ur crap and you dont know what a blue flag is you got in the way of three redline members now shut up and race somewhere else
Agreed. I see buddies on LFSW in there, and I just don't go and join them. Plenty of normal servers to visit.

That said I've not personally had a problem in their server, but there aren't 30 threads moaning about other servers, so there is quite clearly a 'problem' somewhere.

A shame really, as they [used to?] run good combos.

Edit: J.B. is his RSC account, not his S2 account. He made a demo account here to keep the name J.B. It's all above board.

Edit2: Blue flags have little meaning in qualifying.

Edit3: Jakg, I've also read all the explanations from Redline members, and I do not think the majority of the banned people were in the wrong at all.

Edit4: Calling someone 'crap' isn't exactly going to help overturn this reputation RR is gaining (rightly or wrongly) as being one of the worst servers in LFS. Perhaps better to act very politely and gentlemanly, and prove yourselves to above all of this? Or you could just curse and swear at people.

Edit5: I'm probably already banned from RR for this post alone. But I won't be checking for a while, so it's no problem.
#8 - th84
Quote from Jakg :this is the very attitude i dont like - all of these bans have been explained by Evo, showing them to be in the wrong, but the server still keeps a reputation it doesnt deserve

Oh well, i dont care about what the forum thinks, its still one of my favourite servers!

Quote from Jakg :ROFL, hes just annoyed because he drove into the back of another car, o well, thats one server i wont be going on!

Make up your mind dude!!!

I dont understand, obviously there is a problem here or there wouldnt be so many posts/threads by so many diffrent people. But you guy's keep coming with the same garbage. Why not address the problem instead of speaking up for the problem.

I didnt even notice he was a demo racer. Shame on you!
Quote from Jakg :this is the very attitude i dont like - all of these bans have been explained by Evo, showing them to be in the wrong, but the server still keeps a reputation it doesnt deserve

Well, each thread turned into an argument that could've just as easily happened in private, but whether Evo is always right or she's just generally intolerant is another matter.

I'm surprised to see so many of these threads. I've been on her server a couple of times in the past and I don't think I saw anybody banned, the only reason I don't go there is because the combo is so tired.

Oh and that irritating lapper mod that everybody seems to run now. Can't stand that.
hehe, another one.

Wonder how long before this ones closed.
#11 - Jakg
Quote from tristancliffe :Edit3: Jakg, I've also read all the explanations from Redline members, and I do not think the majority of the banned people were in the wrong at all.

here is were we disagree - she normally posts replays so you can SEE that they are in the wrong, but oh no, the server gets this reputation becuase people don't read the rules and then wonder why their banned
#12 - Goop
Perhaps they are, but even so, I think it's nice to have a (heavily) adminned server running a predictable combo. Of course, if I get banned I might feel differently...

BLGP in the FOX is fun when you're feeling a little funky, to hell with the 'let's try something new' brigade I'll do that when I'm sobre
all you had to do was say sorry, oh and as qualifying isnt a race you should make way for faster drivers (who ever they are)

you were banned for not following the server rules and ignoring my questions to you
#14 - J.B.
Well the thing is for me that no matter if I am in the right or in the wrong, these are not issues that should result in banning. Simple as that. Say you are unhappy. Have a discussion. But straight ban is not acceptable to me.
#15 - J.B.
Quote from andybarsblade :all you had to do was say sorry, oh and as qualifying isnt a race you should make way for faster drivers (who ever they are)

you were banned for not following the server rules and ignoring my questions to you

Not true. Qualifying doesn't really use blue flags. But sorry about the questions. For some reason I didn't see them.
Quote from J.B. :Well the thing is for me that no matter if I am in the right or in the wrong, these are not issues that should result in banning. Simple as that. Say you are unhappy. Have a discussion. But straight ban is not acceptable to me.

like i said i tried to speak to you, and you ignored me, then kicked you and when you reconnected you ignored me again...... so i banned you, simple? then you rejoined using a different account and wanted to talk.......
#17 - Gunn
Please visit this topic instead of dragging this stuff through the forum.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG