The online racing simulator
cant change a car from race to street
so my 90 46 got taken down and i got a mod suspension reason being: The reason for the suspension is the following: Changing a mod from street to race to street and back to race again.
so why not just take it down for that reason and not give me a mod suspension??
Also this is my street car/ comp drift car// you never had an issue with me doing this before so whys it become a drastic issue now the model is legal and under triangle not a single thing with that car is wrong but you still take it down and give me a modding ban??
Yes, this was detected by our system and I removed it.

The idea of mod versions are, for the mod creator to make improvements to the mod, as it is refined and improved.

The idea of mod versions isn't to keep changing the mod according to however you think it should be on any particular day.

The way you are using it is simply abuse of the system, causing people to keep downloading new versions and wasting space on our servers and everyone's hard drives (or SSD for those who don't understand the use of "hard drive" as a general term for your storage device).

We won't be able to host mods if people keep thinking of ever crazier ways to abuse the system. I find it a bit sad that my development time is reduced so much because I have to spend so much time trying to keep our systems up and running. I'd really appreciate it if mod creators could try to understand the spirit of the mods system and use it properly.

You know, the best mod creators are like artists and engineers. There are some really fantastic mod creators who make great mods. They might upload a very small number of version updates over the years. It's not about daily updates.
To be clear to others reading:

You submitted a street car (because of course, there aren't enough bimmers and bimmys and bavarias on the system already). Then from what I can see you changed it to a racing car, then later back to a street car, and then later back to a racing car.

Maybe if you were paying a monthly subscription for mod usage, we could hire a team of people whose sole job is to manage the mods system. But we are running a system that is free to use and it is supported by a few volunteers who are trying to make it good for everyone.

We don't have the manpower to constantly monitor your tricks and buy ever more servers to keep hundreds of versions of mods on.

Mods saved our business from total collapse, but now it's becoming a massive drain on my development time. I've spent nearly the whole of January dealing with mods (not to mention most of 2021 and 2023 as well).
ok so when my ban is over ill upload a different version to clog more stuff up 0_0
It's better to keep two separate mods than to switch between two versions of one mod back and forth.

Regarding the mod versions in general - 73 versions of one mod seems too much. In fact there are quite a lot mods which have way too many versions - I've found a mod with 158 versions Ya right. Sometimes the mod authors update them several times a day with very minor updates, often with nonsensical changelog descriptions. This sounds like a big waste of space for the server as well as people's computers.
Quote from Flame CZE :It's better to keep two separate mods than switch between two versions of one mod back and forth.

Regarding the mod versions in general - 73 versions of one mod seems too much. In fact there are quite a lot mods which have way too many versions - I've found a mod with 158 versions Ya right. Sometimes the mod authors update them several times a day with very minor updates, often with nonsensical changelog descriptions. This sounds like a big waste of space for the server as well as people's computers.

with my main point of playing being drifting we end up only discovering issues when with others sometimes testing in single player just dont show it up hence multiple updates a day personally i try to avoid it but sometimes to drive the mod i have to

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG