The online racing simulator
LOW FPS ON MY "OK" PC
(15 posts, started )
LOW FPS ON MY "OK" PC
Hello Everyone,so I joined LFS a few days ago and I noticed that I have a seemingly LOW fps (35-50 FPS) even with no players,my PC Specs are 4GB RAM,1.10 Ghz CPU and an integrated graphics card,now I know some people can get like wayyy higher fps than me but I just want to get over 60FPS

PLEASE HELP ME!
I'm sorry to tell you but this is as much fps as you can get. Try turning off antialiasing and using lower screen resolution like 1280×720.
#3 - Pukyy
Holy macaroni, what the hell are those specs? If I was you I'd just buy a better computer, those specs were horrible by 2016 standards, and it's 2024 Tongue. Money shouldn't be an issue since an 80€ PC should be stronger than what you have
No need to shame him for his PC, it is what he has.
Quote from Pukyy :Holy macaroni, what the hell are those specs? If I was you I'd just buy a better computer, those specs were horrible by 2016 standards, and it's 2024 Tongue. Money shouldn't be an issue since an 80€ PC should be stronger than what you have

Not everyone can afford to upgrade their computer. Some people have tight budgets, and their priorities might be different. Understanding that everyone has their own situation helps avoid judgment about tech choices.
You can also try to find which view gives you most fps. The one where you only see tyres, or when you press F, the force view is also very fps friendly.
Options - Graphics - Shadow type-off, Full-scene AA and mirror AA-none, textures-low res
Options - Misc - Maximum buffered frames 2, Full physics for remote cars-no

Ctrl+Alt+del after u start the game - task manager - details tab - right click lfs.exe - set priority-high
Killing background processes like browser, discord and etc will also help

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/99913
And finally a must-have for weak integrated gpus (install in LFS/dds folder)
#8 - psy00
Limit fps to 50 (50 is smooth ok) , Turn off antialiasing and mirrors ... mirrors are a big fps hit. With these settings i can play with my old laptop ok (i5 2520m - intel HD 3000).
Quote from paket42x :Options - Misc - Maximum buffered frames 2

I find that I get most fps in all scenarios with this set to 1. The rest you mentioned is very good suggestion for setting for low end PC.
Quote from rane_nbg :I find that I get most fps in all scenarios with this set to 1. The rest you mentioned is very good suggestion for setting for low end PC.

I know the struggleTongue
Try setting the settings like in the screenshot below. Also go to Misc, set maximum buffered frames to 2. Another thing to try would be lowering the resolution to 1280x720
Attached images
Screenshot_2.png
Quote from rane_nbg :I'm sorry to tell you but this is as much fps as you can get. Try turning off antialiasing and using lower screen resolution like 1280×720.

yes I have done that.all settings are at their lowest
Quote from Pukyy :Holy macaroni, what the hell are those specs? If I was you I'd just buy a better computer, those specs were horrible by 2016 standards, and it's 2024 Tongue. Money shouldn't be an issue since an 80€ PC should be stronger than what you have

sorry bro I dont have enough money to get a new computer,so I have to play with what I have
Thank you everyone so much for helping me

since I did what y'all have said I get 120 FPS constant now
but I'm happy to have more fps

THANK YOU ALL!
You're welcome, I'm glad you were able to optimize lfs gfx settings for your PC. Note that you don't need more than 100fps. Lfs runs at 100Hz at the moment, so you even have some headroom to put some of the settings higher than what you have now.

LOW FPS ON MY "OK" PC
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG