The online racing simulator
LFS crashing in multiplayer
(10 posts, started )
Everytime a server is pretty much full, like 20+ people lfs crashes for no reason. i do not know how to get error codes and need help if you need them, in game nothing happens, just freezes and closes.
Quote from ScammerGamerLOL :Everytime a server is pretty much full, like 20+ people lfs crashes for no reason. i do not know how to get error codes and need help if you need them, in game nothing happens, just freezes and closes.

Yes, this happened last night. But I did not experience this problem. Dozens of players could not connect to the server. Those who experience the error should be directed to the forum.
If crashes are happening to several people, I imagine someone may be able to report a crash address?

Sometimes I can get down to the exact line of code with a crash address.
Quote from Scawen :If crashes are happening to several people, I imagine someone may be able to report a crash address?

Sometimes I can get down to the exact line of code with a crash address.

I shared the forum link to the players in our community. I hope they follow the steps and let you know.
ScammerGamer has provided a crash address that is of some interest. While I look into it, I thought I would ask if anyone (who didn't crash at the time) has a replay of the event, in case I might be able to reproduce the crash locally, by watching the MPR in the debugger.

Adam, I think you are saying that more than one connected player crashed at the time? I think maybe one of the mods on track at the time may have caused the crash, so that's why I'm asking for the replay.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/2076652#post2076652
Quote from Scawen :ScammerGamer has provided a crash address that is of some interest. While I look into it, I thought I would ask if anyone (who didn't crash at the time) has a replay of the event, in case I might be able to reproduce the crash locally, by watching the MPR in the debugger.

Adam, I think you are saying that more than one connected player crashed at the time? I think maybe one of the mods on track at the time may have caused the crash, so that's why I'm asking for the replay.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/2076652#post2076652

We do not have any MPR records at the time when the connection problems occurred. I checked on server replays. But unfortunately, no MPR recording was taken at that time. Edit: At that time, I was playing on the demo server.
Edit2:I want to add again. You said this might be due to a mod. Even the demo server experienced connection problems. Players trying to connect failed. I think this looks like something different.
Yes, I think it does sound like something different. ScammerGamer appears to be getting a memory issue (failed allocations) and that cause an actual crash (LFS closed). But you say people couldn't connect to the server. At first I assumed you meant they got a crash connecting to the server, but maybe it was just a failed connection for some other reason (not a crash).
Quote from Scawen :Yes, I think it does sound like something different. ScammerGamer appears to be getting a memory issue (failed allocations) and that cause an actual crash (LFS closed). But you say people couldn't connect to the server. At first I assumed you meant they got a crash connecting to the server, but maybe it was just a failed connection for some other reason (not a crash).

What happened yesterday was very different. Each user tried to log in at least 15 times but received the connection failed message. I took this photo for the e-mail I sent to the developer team yesterday. This is just 2 player names trying to connect.

Edit: I don't know their other usernames because they are not mpr. Maybe this photo will be useful to you.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG