The online racing simulator
The elephant in the room.
(14 posts, started )
Let's talk.
It's no secret that the future updates are going to cause alot of (and excuse my terminology) peasant computers to be upgraded. I am sure we will see a influx of complaints that people can't run the game as smoothly or at all even with the directX upgrade.

What would the new minimum requirements targeted at?

Also post your pc specs
amd 7950x
eva 2080ti
128g ddr5 6600
evo ssd
I don't think that much will change in PC requirements. The game will start using multithreading and this will more efficiently use any relatively modern CPU. Graphics-wise, changing to DirectX11 will also help things. New lighting is not gonna be using ray tracing techniques so I do not expect any significant increase in GPU power there as well.

amd ryzen 1400
zotac gtx1060 3GB
16g ddr4 2133
nvm2 ssd 970

intel i5 4670k
asus strix gtx970 3.5GB
16g ddr3 1600
kingston hyperX ssd
#3 - BeNoM
Any computer made in the past decade will run it fine, anyone who will complain needs to upgrade their PC. There's PCs on Facebook Marketplace for $50-100 that will run this game for many years to come.
Remember running this game on Core2Duo E7500 paired with some ancient Radeon X800 GPU back in the days of 0.6 version, and i gotta say it was absolutely ok 100-150 fps experience and a big pleasure to drive with a wheel (1280res but still) Im 100% sure that we'll get even better perfomance after the update.

Btw Dx11 support since:

Nvidia Fermi(Geforce 400) Released in 2010
AMD Evergreen (Radeon 5000) Released in 2009
Intel Graphics 4000 Released in 2012
Windows 7 and up
I think I'll be fine for a while :

MSI GeForce RTX 3090 VENTUS
ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS D4
Intel Core i9 12900K (12. Gen) / 3.2 G
Team Group T-Force Vulcan Z - 16GB X4.
There's section in your profile settings to include your PC specs.

Just as Rane said, alongside potentialy resource hogging things there also come new optimalisations which may balance out or even result in faster speeds.

Only concern might be updated maps, South City is announced to be much bigger and densly packed, so that's alawys some restrain put.

Althought, if you got potato PC you can perceive it in a diffrent way: instead of instantly thinking about grabbing your packet and throwing it at shops, it might be good occasion to pause the raceing fever for a while and have fun overclocking your machine. Only cost is time, but belive me, spared money and technical knowledge gained will compensate.
This is mostly just to brag about PCs, as anything remotely relevant will run lfs with ease.

i5 12400@5.2 ghz all core
Asrock b660 riptide with external blck generator
32 gb ddr4
4 tb pcie 4 nvme
2 tb pcie 3 nvme
Gigabyte rtx 3070
Before I used to be a bit jelous when I saw that people had better PC than mine. Now I simply don't care, as long as my PC runs everything I need perfectly Smile In that regard, LFS is the most awesome game.

So feel free to bragg as much as you want with your RTX's and i9999 core cpu's Smile
Quote from JayDeM :It's no secret that the future updates are going to cause alot of (and excuse my terminology) peasant computers to be upgraded. I am sure we will see a influx of complaints that people can't run the game as smoothly or at all even with the directX upgrade.

Are you calling us poor? Every GPU after 2009 has DX11 and better.
It's an absurd claim, LFS is not anything like other sims, it's seemingly simple graphics is what makes it the best. It's very easy to pump up the looks to be extremely demanding for any PC. On the other hand, making a well optimized racing simulation with simple enough graphics to give some immersion is an art.
I agree with rane, LFS will not need that much higher pc requirements after tire and graphics update
Quote from superlame :Are you calling us poor? Every GPU after 2009 has DX11 and better.

No, but all I see is people having constant issues on old hardware. old hardware.
Quote from JayDeM :No, but all I see is people having constant issues on old hardware. old hardware.

Not an LFS issue, a $50-100 computer from Facebook Marketplace/Gumtree/Craigslist will be able to run it.

It's like complaining Grand Theft Auto 6 doesn't run on your Playstation 2... Get a PC from the past 10 years and you won't have any issues, if you refuse to upgrade from a dual core Windows Vista-era PC then that's on you.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG