The online racing simulator
Motion sick in VR
(3 posts, started )
Motion sick in VR
Trying lfs in VR for the first time, while I'm getting solid 90FPS, I felt noticeably sick, the trees in the background looked like they were stuttering when turning. Am I doing something wrong?
#2 - w126
It's a known problem that is going to be solved by the big graphics and physics update being developed.
Here is a good description of the reason:
Quote :The current public version of LFS runs the physics at 100 steps per second. When displayed at 60 frames per second (typical on a monitor) or at 90 fps (typical on a VR headset) the number of physics steps per graphical frame is not constant. Some graphical frames show a single physics step while others show two physics steps. For example at 60 fps there is a 2,2,1 pattern of physics steps per graphical frame. This mismatch produces a visible stutter that is particularly noticeable when objects are moving sideways across the screen. For example when looking to the side or when turning a tight corner at lower speeds. The stutter effect is especially noticeable in VR. We are experimenting with a new physics update rate of 1000Hz. The number of physics steps is a lot closer between subsequent graphical frames, so things look smoother. For example at 60 fps there is a 17,17,16 pattern of physics steps per graphical frame.

https://www.lfs.net/20th-anniversary
Thanks for the reply!

Motion sick in VR
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG