The online racing simulator
Editor Test Patch D50 (now D64)
(96 posts, closed, started )
Quote from stuchlo :Have tested realistic movable 1930s pop-up side indicators and it is perfect! The only trouble I had was that I had to pay attention to local axes (a part of the object was blinking when the opposite indicator was on, which was easily fixed), but that is a feature, not a bug Smile

From D59 it should be now be easy, and you can put the rotation axis where you want it. As the object's offset is added when deciding if points are on the left or right, for indicators.

Quote from OpenClutch :Hey Scawen, I know you have been insanely busy with these last few patches, and I know that the stable branch release is this weekend, is there any chance that we can get (back) stretched tire support?

I plan to do this today. It was most important to get the editor changes done first as they required more testing.
Great update, unexpected. Thumbs up

I wanted to test it by making the turn signals handle (indicator switch) move with the pressing of the right / left indicators, but there is only an option to connect it to left or right indicator, but it actually needs 3 positions - left, right and back to normal (up/down/normal).

Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't figure it out. Big grin
Attached images
1.JPG
2.JPG
[sorry if I'm wrong, this seems like the right place to ask the question]

Are there plans, in future patches or later, to allow modders to choose configuration options for their car, in order to have cars with fixed or limited setups?
It's not the right place, as that is a suggestion unrelated to this test patch. That sounds like a mod suggestion and there is a dedicated forum section for that.
Quote from Evolution_R :Great update, unexpected. Thumbs up

I wanted to test it by making the wiper handle (control switch) move with the pressing of the right / left indicators, but there is only an option to connect it to left or right indicator, but it actually needs 3 positions - left, right and back to normal (up/down/normal).

Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't figure it out. Big grin

You're not missing anything, I might add two more options to link.

"indicator switch": goes from -angle (L) to zero (off) to +angle (R)
"headlight switch": goes from zero (off) to angle/2 (side) to angle (low or high beam)

This makes me think though, the existing flip functions won't work properly if that subobject should stay to the left or right of driver. Do we need another flip function "slide with driver" / "move with driver" / "dashboard object" that moves the same amount that the driver moves? Let me know if I didn't explain that well enough.
Editor D60:

Graphics:

Support for stretched tyres (when rim is wider than ideal)

Rim editor:

You can now see and type / copy / paste selected point coordinates
Removed direct drag on point and added diagonal drag handle instead
Snap to grid only works on the relevant drag axes (X, Y or both)

Modeller:

New button to show subobject's axes (beside "rotate" button)

Download: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/106004
Quote from Scawen :This makes me think though, the existing flip functions won't work properly if that subobject should stay to the left or right of driver. Do we need another flip function "slide with driver" / "move with driver" / "dashboard object" that moves the same amount that the driver moves? Let me know if I didn't explain that well enough.

I think it could work without a new flip function, but not very accurate (it's better to have it).
The way I did it (just created a new point and centered it as object pivot) and it's working in both left/right driver positions.
Attached images
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
2-1.JPG
3-1.JPG
[duplicate of post in LFS test patch thread]

Now, in the last day of coding, I am doing a few safe remaining things.

Normally I request for people to avoid spamming me with the same reports they already made before.

That still applies, but in the case of actual bugs or anything that we would regret not fixing before this weekend's release, please do tell me if I seem to have missed or forgotten anything.
D61:

Modeller:

Message selecting triangle in another subobject uses subobject name
ALT+click on triangle in another subobject to select that subobject
FIX: Spoke editor duplicate and delete buttons in texture page mode

Rim editor:

Added CTRL+D (duplicate) and CTRL+N (new point) keys

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/106004
-
(killer345) DELETED by Scawen : off topic spam
-
(Scawen) DELETED by Scawen : reply to off topic spam
D63:

Vehicle editor:

New switch options for rotator and slider: signal / light switch
New flip function "with driver" (move across with driver / no flip)
Spinner objects now stop nicely at the default position

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/106004
I've worked a lot on the Rim Editor but can't remember anyone commenting on it.

You can edit rims much more easily than before, and you can map any texture onto the rim (it uses the material properties from the first material of the spoke object).

For example you can now make a good representation of a chrome plated steel rim. There is a guide in the rim editor showing the profile of the rim flange so you can add points and surfaces to match.

It would be great if someone had a go and reported if you find any issues. I hope to avoid any bug reports after 0.7E is released.
-
(durmazz) DELETED by durmazz
Quote from Scawen :It would be great if someone had a go and reported if you find any issues. I hope to avoid any bug reports after 0.7E is released.

The Rim Editor appears to be working as intended. Thumbs up

Attached images
RimEditor.jpg
Small issue, but ignition switch test is missing in vehicle editor. I got one slider connected to that but in order to test it i have to change it to horn or something.
Quote from teeembo :The Rim Editor appears to be working as intended. Thumbs up

Thank you for that test.

Quote from Drifteris :Small issue, but ignition switch test is missing in vehicle editor. I got one slider connected to that but in order to test it i have to change it to horn or something.

Yeah, I wasn't able to do that, as it was a bit complicated as the car doesn't really have its engine on. It wasn't straightforward like the others.
I'm sorry for posting a small feature request. The front fog lights on XFG could be mapped as "l_ffog" so they can be turned on/off. It would be good for showcasing the new fog light option. RB4 already has the correct mapping set.

It's OK if it doesn't make it in 0.7E but it would be a nice thing to have on an original LFS car.
Attached images
lfs_00000485.jpg
All right, I'll fix the XF model and the side indicators on the XR.
Here are the veh for the editor.

Also here are vobs for LFS client, but you can't use this XF.vob online until 0.7E. A triangle rotation has occurred and goes OOS online.

Please let me know if they seem OK.

EDIT: I seem to have broken the headlight mappings. Taped Shut

EDIT2: I really remember a version where the left headlight looked correct with LFSNL skin selected, but now that doesn't seem to be the case.

EDIT3: It's this change in D56, that has finally showed a problem.
If I revert this, the mapping is OK. Schwitz
Skin mappings that move with driver side swaps no longer avoid flip
Attached files
veh_EDITOR.7z - 92.6 KB - 55 views
veh_VOBS_7E.7z - 149.5 KB - 42 views
OK, I was always waiting for that change to bite back.

I think I'll have to roll back that skin mapping change. I can't think of any other solution for now.

It probably messed the mapping of the reflected copy of any skinned subobject.

I know the problem this causes with the Karobus but I think there is no choice now. We could come up with a solution in future but I have to revert this for now.
Ah I see the bug on XRG and XRT now. Well, at least you spotted it before the official release, that's good.
This thread is closed

Editor Test Patch D50 (now D64)
(96 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG