The online racing simulator
"Unlock Live for Speed" for demo racer even though it game is unlocked
When I unlock LFS as a demo racer, it still says "Unlock Live for Speed" on the entry screen, which can be confusing for people. I think it used to say "Demo racer: xxx" before, not sure when it changed to this. Maybe it is intentional but it looks like a bug to me.
Attached images
lfs_00000013.jpg
#2 - zeeaq
Quote from Flame CZE :When I unlock LFS as a demo racer, it still says "Unlock Live for Speed" on the entry screen, which can be confusing for people. I think it used to say "Demo racer: xxx" before, not sure when it changed to this. Maybe it is intentional but it looks like a bug to me.

Agreed. I tried installing LFS on an older computer last month and was very confused by this too.
I was just told that it is a feature introduced in 0.6T4:

Quote from Scawen :Now "Unlock Live for Speed" instead of "Demo racer" on entry screen

I'm not sure what the reason behind it was.
Maybe the thought is like this:
The caption on the button should be what happens if you click the button.
With this button you can "Unlock Live for Speed."

With it says "Demo racer" then it looks more like a status/information field. It does not look like something that you can click to perform an action.
Quote from Flame CZE :I'm not sure what the reason behind it was.

causing confusion and inducing buying probably
Quote from Gutholz :Maybe the thought is like this:
The caption on the button should be what happens if you click the button.
With this button you can "Unlock Live for Speed."

With it says "Demo racer" then it looks more like a status/information field. It does not look like something that you can click to perform an action.

Then it should say "Unlock Live for Speed" for S1 and S2 licensed users too, because they can still unlock additional content (I don't know if it does, I can't test that).

But it seems a bit strange seeing the same "unlock" button before and after logging in with a demo account.
I found the explanation a few posts up from the quoted post.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1946105#post1946105

The trouble was demo racers who bought a license, then LFS still said "Demo Racer" and there was no suggestion to click that button to unlock further content.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG