The online racing simulator
How about compare the average laptime of a team and set it in a proportion to the official world record? After the race the team, who gets the closest percent to the world record along the race, would win the race.

Example for better understanding:

HL-WR FZR: 1:40.00 = 100 %
HL-Wr FXR: 1:43.00 = 100 %
HL-WR XRR: 1:42.00 = 100 %

Team 1 drives a FZR and after 6 hours they reach an average lap-time of 1:40.60.
Team 2 drives a FXR and after 6 hours they reach an average lap-time of 1:43.50.
Team 3 drives a XRR and after 6 hours they reach an average lap-time of 1:42.80.

Team 1 (FZR) droves during the race a relative laptime of 99.4 % of the world record in the whole race.
Team 2 (FXR) droves along a relative laptime of 99.5 % of the world record.
Team 3 (XRR) droves in that case a relative laptime of 99.2 % of the world record.

Standings:
1. Team 3 (XRR) - 99.2 %
2. Team 1 (FZR) - 99.4 %
3. Team 2 (FXR) - 99.5 %

I think, that would an interesting scoring chart and a possible chance for other "Non-FZR"-teams to win a race. In the post of Frank its sure good scoring, but a FXR team will never win against a FZR. So during the season the gap between FZR and FXR will not so high like last season, but thats the only advantage for the other teams. I would compare the average timelap with the official hotlap world-record (timestamp in the week before the race starts) and test that system. In my example, the FXR-Team could do better laptimes, to beat the FZR and XRR, because all cars drive in the right proportionable values.

The team, who gets the most average laps would receive an extra point, even the qualification winner or the leader-team, who is most of the laps in front of the relative standings.
Passengers are not an option because LFS does not allow passengers in the GTRs. If a patch does come, we will of course compensate by letting teams choose cars anew and also amending the points system.

The rest, keep on discussing, we ARE listening.
Quote from Michael Radmer :How about compare the average laptime of a team and set it in a proportion to the official world record? After the race the team, who gets the closest percent to the world record along the race, would win the race.

Example for better understanding:

HL-WR FZR: 1:40.00 = 100 %
HL-Wr FXR: 1:43.00 = 100 %
HL-WR XRR: 1:42.00 = 100 %

Team 1 drives a FZR and after 6 hours they reach an average lap-time of 1:40.60.
Team 2 drives a FXR and after 6 hours they reach an average lap-time of 1:43.50.
Team 3 drives a XRR and after 6 hours they reach an average lap-time of 1:42.80.

Team 1 (FZR) droves during the race a relative laptime of 99.4 % of the world record in the whole race.
Team 2 (FXR) droves along a relative laptime of 99.5 % of the world record.
Team 3 (XRR) droves in that case a relative laptime of 99.2 % of the world record.

Standings:
1. Team 3 (XRR) - 99.2 %
2. Team 1 (FZR) - 99.4 %
3. Team 2 (FXR) - 99.5 %

I think, that would an interesting scoring chart and a possible chance for other "Non-FZR"-teams to win a race. In the post of Frank its sure good scoring, but a FXR team will never win against a FZR. So during the season the gap between FZR and FXR will not so high like last season, but thats the only advantage for the other teams. I would compare the average timelap with the official hotlap world-record (timestamp in the week before the race starts) and test that system. In my example, the FXR-Team could do better laptimes, to beat the FZR and XRR, because all cars drive in the right proportionable values.

The team, who gets the most average laps would receive an extra point, even the qualification winner or the leader-team, who is most of the laps in front of the relative standings.

That would finish with all the fun coz every team only would care about the lap times... but dunno it sounds good in some point... and it could work aswell

But you could do like we have in LFS GT a small bonus (it depends of the races) for the XRR and FXR, for example in LFS GT even winning all the races we really had a hard time to get away from the FXR´s...
but at the end of the day...it doesnt matter how many points u get or whatever...teams choose the car they want to drive...if they want to drive a slower car then its their choice. i realy do support the new point system!
If XRR and FXR are roughly equal than disallow FZR in the season... we will have a nice RWD/AWD grid instead of "all FZR field".
Quote from Rumiko :If XRR and FXR are roughly equal than disallow FZR in the season... we will have a nice RWD/AWD grid instead of "all FZR field".

I think this would the perfect solution

(but what the heck do I know, heh? )
Here's my suggestion, which would keep it close. It's partially inspired by an old BTCC system (really old) when the winner of each class would be guaranteed the same points as the other class winners. This meant that all the best drivers were in the medium cars like Lotus Elans instead of American V8's and Minis/Sprites.

Points = Average speed / Average speed by fastest person in car * 100

Except there would have to be a minimum of 1 point difference between each position.

There is only one problem : if two cars win all the races in their class, there will be two different cars with the same points and there might be a tie

Or just have FXRs and XRRs.
Perhaps rotate cars

6 races, 3 cars. So all drivers need to do 2 races in FXR, 2 races in FZR and 2 races in XRR
Quote from kaspur :Perhaps rotate cars

6 races, 3 cars. So all drivers need to do 2 races in FXR, 2 races in FZR and 2 races in XRR

Nah, that would make it a lottery almost.
Quote from duke_toaster :Nah, that would make it a lottery almost.

Why ? Imo it's fair. Possible FZR will be most likely chosen for 24h race for double points but that's teams decision then. Dont have to deal with all special algorythems for figuring out points etc
u could also force teams to use specific cars at certain events that everybody is usin the same car at a weekend
We won't force teams into cars they don't like and we won't make a carpool based system.
so if a team chooses a slower car its their problem imho....if i go to a public server and choose the FXR i know ive got the slower equipment and i might not win the race but i like the car so i choose it...the point changes are enough more wouldnt be necessary imho =)
how about three car-classes and standings? like FZR... we would have some cars and teams in each class, and it can be quite funny to race so. like the FIA GT and the NGT class.
GTR are one class, as unbalanced as they are. Seeing them as two classes would bring even more problems when a patch finally helps with the balance.

Two classes are great and are something I want to see in the future (when we some day should have more room on the server), but then I really want to see cars that are different in speed because of different performance data, not because of unbalance.
I think a point based system without WRs would be great.

No average Lap times or something like that. It would forbid any racing for good positions in a race.

So die point based System should be based on how many FZRs and XRRs / FXRs are participating.

For example:
When one FZR is always winning and all FZRs are in front of the XRRs / FXRs and one XRR is always directly behind the FZRs then both should have the same points.

The data could be this:
5 FZR 5 XRR
->

First Place FZR 29 points
Sixth Place XRR 29 points (first place behind FZR)

but :
If the XRR finishes fifth (in front of one FZR) he should get more points.

With this system alle the FZRs would battle as well as the XRRs and the XRRs would be glad to get one or more FZRs.
Ok, id just like to point out that there are 5 GTR class cars.

FZR FXR and XRR being the larger mroe common cars, and XFR and UFR being the less common smaller cars.

excluding the FZR because of the balance issue, we end up with 2 classes, GTR and C-GTR (compact). I havent heard anyone crying foul about UFR or XFR being unbalanced, so thats the C-GTR's balanced. and there seems to be a general sentiment that the FXR and XRR are balanced with eachother.

Hoellsen, 2 classes, balanced. Doesn't need to be a thing of the future, it could happen now.
No, FWD GTR is a separate class totally. And that isn't a good idea for MoE at all.
I vote for a completely free car choise without any point-wise advantages. So what if it's an all FZR field...? then at least u know who really is the best team out there...? To me it seems to be far too much of a hassle, those complex point systems. Also: there's always a bit of guess work involved in an alternative point system; who says the FXR is 15% slower than the XRR? It's just guessing really, which can only be worked around by using the same rules for every car. Again, please tell me: what exactly is the problem of an all FZR field?

Oh, and when do you plan to make a final decision on this subject? I think no-one will send the application form (including car choise) without knowing what the points system will be?
Quote :Again, please tell me: what exactly is the problem of an all FZR field?

It's boring. Besides, there are quite a few drivers who do not like the FZR and will be quite frustrated if they are forced into one simply to be competitive.

Tuna: We will be trying out using GTR and FWD-GTR in the support races.
exactly and1..with my poor english once again:
of course its cool for the FXR to get more points but its the team choice...im sure there are enough XRR and FXR's around there like the ZWR who applied with the FXR because for endurance races we just feel more comfortable in this car.
Last season was started about a month after S2 alpha was released. People simply didnt know car characteristics back then and thought the XRR might be better in long distance. Especially due to the high fuel consumption of the FZR. As soon as the setups developed, the story was different which was shown by the new teams joining MoE during the season (like pod).
You also forget the significant change last season's situation experienced once the latest incompatible patch was released.
I dont think FXR or XRR should get special treatment....Last season ITEK used the FXR and we did fine with it..Yes we did not stand a chance with the top teams with XRR but it was fun beating some of them. I would rather it be down to driver skill than comming first to find a xrr was 2nd lol I think it should be left the same as last season.
All FZR Field: not thanks, how boring is this.

Anyway we now that the situation changed much since last season, now we have the uber-car which we hadn't last season.

For all those crying about driver skills, in my eyes it's always a fact of drivers skill without the matter of car you're driving especially in races of this distance.

We know that diffenrent drivers prefer different things and LFS provides us with a very special problem. We have a totally unbalanced class. So we have two choices.

1st we leave everything like it was, and we'll see an all FZR-Field or some guys always being last because of a differnet car choice, and we don't want this. ( we'll see this anyway I guess)

In last season there was definitely more competition between the different cars.

2nd choice for us, and the better in our eyes, to build our very own system of "extra-weight" like its done in reallity.

Can we give extra weight to the cars by server options? No we can't so last way to do so for us atm is by the amount of points given.

We can't tell yet if this is the right way, so we are still listening for maybe better ideas or issues you have with our current idea.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG