The online racing simulator
[ZWR] Radio Station Launch
(95 posts, closed, started )
Good evening ladies and gents, boys & girls of all ages

We here at Zwarte Wind Racing have decided to open a radio station on Shoutcast for you to listen to

we will be open for listeners from 9pm - 11pm GMT untill we can buy our own shoutcast server then we will be open 24/7/365...(for anyone who doesnt understand 24/7/365 i mean 24 hours a day/7 days a week/365 days a year)

Members from all teams are welcome to advertise* on the station or even be DJ's**

Thank you for your attention

[ZWR]Techie
(aka danoth)

*subject to avaliability
**subject to sound test
Hold on. You posted that post 7 minutes ago.

We officially announced (we as in me, Duke and minimax) that we were doing a radio station earlier today.

This could spark some big controversy.
Well ours was getting tested about 2 weeks ago

and all our members listen to it...its just today is the first official day of operations...and with an official user number of 15 unique users...
i fail to see the controversy, there are many radiostation playing teh same content all over the world

We plan on doing event coverage and reports as well as music thats just fun to drive with. Think of us as Sim Racing contered news radio, With a kicker.
Do you have legal rights to use the music on your station?
You say you've been preperaing for weeks.
We have made our own songs for the station, we have an interview with SamH soon.
We might be getting an interview with biggie.
We plan on commentating on the final race of the LFS GT Championship on Sunday.

Do you have any of them things?
We are currently in talks with many companys to become official sponcers (will full permission from LFS) as well as getting permissions to comentate on the MoE series that we believe is going to be broadcast on German TV.

oh and btw there is no need to start a flame war or an "im better than you" thread which this is turning out to be...if you insist in doing that we will drop this thread like a hot brick....

thanks

J

P.S we're also going to be multi sim but LFS will be our main...
Well I got a DAB digital radio so NJEH!
I also got some sweets and a bottle of irn bru!

All joking aside, the only way your radio stations will get better is when you have opposition to beat.

Yea I never knew LFS was going to be broadcasted on ANY Tv, that's cool.

But best of luck to the both of you, but a tiny bit more to J because he lives about 20 mins that way.

/Me points.
af
Hey i think its a great idea and im interested in hearing it. Nuttyboy lay off man i mean i understand you want to be the only one to have it since you might have thought of the idea earlier but this is how the world is lol. Once one thing sparks competition begins... whos gonna be better? WHO KNOWS.. it just means better things for us
So, where exactly is the stream?
my stream can only be only from 9pm - 11pm GMT untill september sometime when i can buy my own shoutcast server...

the radio station is currently offline as the time is 12midnight GMT and we're only broadcasting SIMFIA Reports, commentarys on our server, and general information...we have some songs that are by independant bands which we have full permission to play... untill such time as the BPI give us full broadcasting rights.

J

oops oh and btw the information can be found at the ZWR website at

http://www.tuning-base.nl

Thanks again for your support
I dont see anything wrong with 2 stations. I mean, in the uk, you have Heart and Capital FM. Two of the biggest radio stations in the uk. They both play the latest songs, latest trafic reports, competitions, phone ins etc and its up to the listener to choose what they want to listen to. if anything, i usualy flick between many when i do listen to the radio.

Good luck to both of you's. Both should be good.
I'll turn in for sure, good luck guys!
Ah I acted an ass earlier in this thread really. I wish ZWR the best in all the stuff they do.

Mike
#14 - CSU1
competition = growth go get em' lads
I have to appologise to anyone who tuned in during my last post and this one...someone (me) last night forgot to kill the server illepallillepallillepall

so you have been listening to static...so i will appologise for that and also annouce that hopfully by tonights show we will have :

A BRAND NEW WEBSITE ! !
A BRAND NEW SERVER ! !

(but no legal permissions to play any decent songs )

...but so long as you & LFS dont mind i'll play the songs in my collection
#16 - mr_x
ooo sounding good there!

I'll listen tonight once you remind me how to get it working with media player again
Is it Shoutcast. And where's the link.
ZWR Radio Now 24/7/365
I know this is my 2nd post in the same number of days but Thursday from 12noon GMT will be the start of the fun

i know we say we're 24/7 and we are but the stream will be playing random songs from my 500+ song collection for the 12 hours we're sleeping

anyway there will be a website to go with this but that wont be ready till tomorrow sometime (hopfully)
:laola:

J
Err... isn't broadcasting your music collection over the web a bit incriminating?
not really.. they belong to him. There are many online radio shows, go go gadjet go0gle.
and if you looked at zwr radio FIRST post you will see that i am in the process of getting FULL AUTHORISATION from the people who allow radio stations to broadcast their music...

and its not in the least incriminating when you concider that ALL my music i buy "off the shelf"
I hadn't realized your music collection was from a load of unheard of bands who give permission for you to broadcast it for free.

I also don't see why you had to create another thread for this news seeing as you made the first one yesterday, if you have to create a new thread at least give some hints to where the old one might be, a link would help (maybe set a homepage in the control panel or your sig)
*Sigh*

Any chance of just being nice for the sake of being nice?

Good Luck.
och never mind he wants to be a flamer....

moaning and whining about everything and being pedantic about everything trying to get someone to bite illepall

sad really that he has nothing better to do with his time
If your going to do SimFIA race reports please do let me know about it. They are free to use, but I need to know about it first.
This thread is closed

(95 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG