The online racing simulator
AMD RX 6600 xt mistaken as Nvidia ge force 8800
the game runs at 4-6 fps, whle it ran smoothly on a rx 480(several years older)

Im certain I dont have a scam card - it reaches 2000 MHz, much more than 8800's 700

does anyone know how to fix this as im pretty certain that because the game is treating the card wrong it is very slow

SOLVED: i used lutris and it works fine now
I have a 6600XT and everything works fine for me.
Check the drivers and go from there. I would venture to guess you got played doe.

Also. If you want help we need more information. Musch more information. What brand of 6600XT(Vendor) does any other game run badly. Did you benchmark it. What are the temps. Is it a new card or a refurbished/second hand.
im on ubuntu 20.04

the card is a sapphire nitro+ oc rx6600 xt

evert single thing besides lfs recoginises it as a 6600xt

i have the latest drivers from AMD, and it runs fine in evry other game ive tested
What graphics card do you see in the options ?
Attached images
Schowek01.jpg
try
- LFS_restart.exe
- delete cfg.txt, card_cfg.txt

or

See in the "deb.log" file "numbers of adapter" and

alternatively, change the value of "adapter select" to 1
Quote from Lucas McFly :try
- LFS_restart.exe
- delete cfg.txt, card_cfg.txt

or

See in the "deb.log" file "numbers of adapter" and

alternatively, change the value of "adapter select" to 1

there is no "card_cfg.txt" i used ctrl-f and it did not show, and i cannot run .exe files natively because im on linux.

the numbers of adapters was 1
There is your problem. Using Wine or any other compatibility layer is not supported nor is it 100% accurate to the windows API. I know you cannot use VMs to play since the performance is abysmal and you need a dedicated graphics card just for that VM alone.

Im sorry to say but playing LfS on linux is not advisable.
#9 - gu3st
Quote from xolan1993 :There is your problem. Using Wine or any other compatibility layer is not supported nor is it 100% accurate to the windows API. I know you cannot use VMs to play since the performance is abysmal and you need a dedicated graphics card just for that VM alone.

Im sorry to say but playing LfS on linux is not advisable.

Running LFS in Proton/Wine works fine. Even running in a VM yields decent performance for LFS, as long as you don't have architecture translation (ie x86 to ARM on a Mac). Some VM software do offer 3D acceleration without a dedicated GPU for the VM (ie: no PCI Passthrough)

Wine is presenting a fake graphics adapter to the game. This wouldn't cause low performance though. You could try running LFS through Proton instead which should be a bit better optimized for gaming and would use D9VK. Otherwise there's some kind of misconfiguration yielding poor performance as LFS is a very very simple game to be emulating in WINE.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG